Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Samsung 850 EVO SSD - 500GB - $157.19

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 12:19 am
Aug 15, 2007
614 posts
265 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FYI - I've been using this model for about 2 years now and it's very good drive, excellent reviews regarding quality and performance!

Also, the prices are going down bc the newer 860 EVO drives are being announced soon, but I would still buy this drive as it's really relevant, especially for most users.
Mar 9, 2004
357 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks! Picked this one up in-store today with my $15 off. I chose this over the similar priced Crucial MX500 I was first considering.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2011
2448 posts
703 upvotes
Capitola wrote: Thanks! Picked this one up in-store today with my $15 off. I chose this over the similar priced Crucial MX500 I was first considering.
Isn't the MX500 better rated than a yester year model?

I think the MX500 will be more comparable to the EVO 860 Samsung's next gen model in regards to the tech they used on the drive.
TLC and 3D nano.
Mar 9, 2004
357 posts
21 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote: Isn't the MX500 better rated than a yester year model?

I think the MX500 will be more comparable to the EVO 860 Samsung's next gen model in regards to the tech they used on the drive.
TLC and 3D nano.
This is a very good video comparing the EVO 850, 860, MX300, MX500. The conclusion is to buy the size you are looking for (don't buy extra spaces that you don't need), and pick the one that cost the least.

Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
I ran out of STAT connections on my MB, can someone recommend a cheap and easy solution to add more sata drives?
May 14, 2012
108 posts
135 upvotes
CALGARY
If anyone in Edmonton is interested in buying this off me for $158, pm me. I bought it off eBay a while ago and it has not been opened.
Nov 19, 2017
194 posts
205 upvotes
no8t4 wrote: Yeah, I do have it backed up in more than one place, but this version of it needs to travel with me as i need it for work. cars, planes, trains, etc. and also daily commutes to the office. but that's good to know that even the mechanical drives can take some good amount of abuse. right now i use a portable one and i'm just worried about it screwing up.

thanks for this

This might be what I end up doing since these sticks are such high capacity now. my work files total about 400GB so maybe 2 of sticks will be a better bet. I was just thinking if in future i can drop it into my laptop too.

thanks for the feedback all!

Flash drives aren't nearly as reliable though, especially when it comes to writing. They just dont have the controllers to wear level in the same way as SSDs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)