Hot Deals

[Staples] Samsung Galaxy Note10+ w/ Free Galaxy Buds - $1319.99 (10% off ) + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 2:40 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1264 posts
2006 upvotes
RFDGuy123 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:46 pm
My thoughts exactly and also because of people mentioning a $200 trade in on top of 10% off with SPC in the Samsung thread.
If they had that min trade in for any old phone, similar to what they had when I got my S9+ I'd go that way no questions about it. I read somewhere for the Note 9, Samsung had an offer in Sept where they brought that back and it qualified for early adopters as well. So my thinking is shifting from, do I get it now and risk losing the buds if there's no trade in promo. Or do I risk waiting for the trade in promo and it might not happen.

Or, because there's so many complaints about the no headphone jack (which imo yeah it's sort of a big deal, but i haven't used one in 3 months and it feels great) that the Note 10/ + wont sell as well and they will have crazy promos, SOL for early adopters.
May 2, 2015
297 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:57 pm
If they had that min trade in for any old phone, similar to what they had when I got my S9+ I'd go that way no questions about it. I read somewhere for the Note 9, Samsung had an offer in Sept where they brought that back and it qualified for early adopters as well. So my thinking is shifting from, do I get it now and risk losing the buds if there's no trade in promo. Or do I risk waiting for the trade in promo and it might not happen.

Or, because there's so many complaints about the no headphone jack (which imo yeah it's sort of a big deal, but i haven't used one in 3 months and it feels great) that the Note 10/ + wont sell as well and they will have crazy promos, SOL for early adopters.

I am 100% sure Samsung will have better deals a few weeks post-launch. the way these devices are priced, they cant sell many unless they cut the price substantially. Initial skimming can only take them so far..

I am just sitting tight for a better deal around iPhone launch
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3222 posts
2233 upvotes
For some odd reason the pre-auth charge on my card for the note 10+ disappeared.

The order still shows as processing on Staples website but that doesn't mean anything from history of orders.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2013
1383 posts
572 upvotes
EDMONTON
Got a call from staples today but couldnt get to phone, I assume they'll call back and wont do something dumb like cancel my order because I couldnt get to the phone?
Jun 23, 2003
331 posts
123 upvotes
The $200 trade in promo for the Note 9,and then again for S series in March, (and may have been for s9 1.5 y ago and Note 8 2y ago, can't recall) was for preorders, and yes, the same promo carried through the post launch for 2 or 3 weeks.

However, as mentioned, in all cases the trade in promo was already in place when, or very soon after, the reveal, for pre orders first. It's been a week since the announcement and still no $200 promo.

Doesn't mean they won't add the promo still before launch, or after launch, but previous history shows they didn't give something to post launch people that wasn't available to prelaunch orders.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5102 posts
1040 upvotes
Thornhill
Not sure when $1500 phones became a "deal". Price is at least $700 over normal. If you want it, I get it, but these phones are getting more and more expensive every year.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3222 posts
2233 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:49 pm
Not sure when $1500 phones became a "deal". Price is at least $700 over normal. If you want it, I get it, but these phones are getting more and more expensive every year.
No phone should cost more than 350-500.

Companies like Google did it before but why sell it for 500 when you can just as easily sell it for double that now.

The unfortunate thing is most people just want the latest and greatest simply because so they know that these phone will sell at what price they set.

The phone manufacturer industry needs a Freedom Mobile type company to come and disrupt the phone market.
Jul 25, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
Sojoph wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:16 am
Welcome to RFD officially, fellow shadow-reader-turned-visible-poster! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
:))) Thanks;)
Jul 25, 2019
9 posts
2 upvotes
freak4Deal wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:59 pm

Hope you will post back when you get hold of the Note10 with the bud.
Sure, I will.
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
"The bonus Samsung Galaxy Buds will either be provided at the time of pick-up of your pre-ordered device or delivery may take up to 4 weeks depending on the redemption mechanism" This is the same snippet used on the Samsung site, as well as some of the telecoms.

If for some reason Staples doesn't ship the ear buds with the phone, I'm hoping we can request it through Samsung. Based on the experience that has been posted here with the Staples CRS's, I'd rather not deal with them.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1264 posts
2006 upvotes
le10017 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:34 am
"The bonus Samsung Galaxy Buds will either be provided at the time of pick-up of your pre-ordered device or delivery may take up to 4 weeks depending on the redemption mechanism" This is the same snippet used on the Samsung site, as well as some of the telecoms.

If for some reason Staples doesn't ship the ear buds with the phone, I'm hoping we can request it through Samsung. Based on the experience that has been posted here with the Staples CRS's, I'd rather not deal with them.
I'd rather not have to deal with anyone at all, other than the CC bill lol
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 8:02 am
I'd rather not have to deal with anyone at all, other than the CC bill lol
100%. best case is Staples figures it out and ships it with the phone. At this point, i don't have a lot of confidence in that happening.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1264 posts
2006 upvotes
Oh crap, Ebates Staples is not available right now.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3222 posts
2233 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:22 pm
Oh crap, Ebates Staples is not available right now.
You can get 1.3% CB with GCR.