Hot Deals

[Staples] Samsung Galaxy Note10+ w/ Free Galaxy Buds - $1319.99 (10% off ) + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 2:40 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3232 posts
2237 upvotes
I confirmed over chat today that the Note 10+ comes with Galaxy Buds, I asked what color but couldn't get that confirmed so if they try anything I'll at least have the chat history.

The pre-auth charge on my card still hasn't reappeared also I was given confirmation that my order will ship.
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Aug 15th, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 27, 2006
957 posts
198 upvotes
Given the free buds is from everyone....Samsung direct, Staples, Bestbuy….then I suspect that they must be coming bundled direct.
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:29 pm
I confirmed over chat today that the Note 10+ comes with Galaxy Buds, I asked what color but couldn't get that confirmed so if they try anything I'll at least have the chat history.

The pre-auth charge on my card still hasn't reappeared also I was given confirmation that my order will ship.
Thanks for sharing. Just hope it was a CSR that knows whats going on.

BTW, over 48 hours, still no call to confirm my order.
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 4:29 pm

Hmm. Just realised you said 'Pre-auth charge'. Just checking my visa statement online, I was charged the full amount. I guess that's why I wasn't called to confirm my order? Thinking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3232 posts
2237 upvotes
le10017 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:04 pm
Hmm. Just realised you said 'Pre-auth charge'. Just checking my visa statement online, I was charged the full amount. I guess that's why I wasn't called to confirm my order? Thinking Face
The charge is a posted charge for you?

The pre-auth charge showed up on my transactions right when I ordered on the 8th and a few days ago I noticed it disappear but Staples is a little weird with their charges so I'm going to assume it'll reappear when they ship it.
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:07 pm
The charge is a posted charge for you?

The pre-auth charge showed up on my transactions right when I ordered on the 8th and a few days ago I noticed it disappear but Staples is a little weird with their charges so I'm going to assume it'll reappear when they ship it.
Correct. It's a line item on my Visa. Right beneath another purchase I made on the same day.
May 19, 2006
255 posts
12 upvotes
Got a call from staples today asking me to confirm my order. I did ask if it comes with the galaxy buds. The csr said yes it all ships in one go and to call customer service to ask for the color of the buds.

I recorded her name and she said that all calls are recorded... And that with the order number staples can pull up the details of the call... Fingers crossed I get the buds
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3232 posts
2237 upvotes
alba_luvr wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 7:55 pm
Got a call from staples today asking me to confirm my order. I did ask if it comes with the galaxy buds. The csr said yes it all ships in one go and to call customer service to ask for the color of the buds.

I recorded her name and she said that all calls are recorded... And that with the order number staples can pull up the details of the call... Fingers crossed I get the buds
The CSR I chatted with today confirmed they come with the phone but couldn't confirm what color the buds are.
Mar 27, 2006
957 posts
198 upvotes
I never received a call and I noticed a pending charge on my visa account from Staples for the amount but then it disappeared. I got nervous as I hadn't received a "confirmation" call so I called and gave the order number. I was told it was still a valid order and that I wouldn't be charged until the item shipped.

So strange that some people were fully charged. Hopefully all is good.
Sep 1, 2010
58 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone get their money from Ebates yet? Or does that only occur once the charge is no longer pending?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3232 posts
2237 upvotes
Trance82 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 8:45 pm
Anyone get their money from Ebates yet? Or does that only occur once the charge is no longer pending?
Usually once it ships.
Dec 11, 2004
84 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Tuppin wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 8:21 pm
I never received a call and I noticed a pending charge on my visa account from Staples for the amount but then it disappeared. I got nervous as I hadn't received a "confirmation" call so I called and gave the order number. I was told it was still a valid order and that I wouldn't be charged until the item shipped.

So strange that some people were fully charged. Hopefully all is good.
Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't clear on my phone, but logging into my bank site on a desktop, it clearly says Pending charges for me as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4856 posts
806 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 7:54 pm
No phone should cost more than 350-500.

Companies like Google did it before but why sell it for 500 when you can just as easily sell it for double that now.

The unfortunate thing is most people just want the latest and greatest simply because so they know that these phone will sell at what price they set.

The phone manufacturer industry needs a Freedom Mobile type company to come and disrupt the phone market.
Do I think flagship phones cost way too much? Yes, even for a phone enthusiast like me, these prices are getting so out of hand. But to be fair, S10+ for example costs about $420 USD to build, thats without factoring in stuff like R & D, marketing, etc. I really don't know what a fair price would be, I only know I feel like these prices are sky high & they seem to keep increasing.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3232 posts
2237 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:38 am
Do I think flagship phones cost way too much? Yes, even for a phone enthusiast like me, these prices are getting so out of hand. But to be fair, S10+ for example costs about $420 USD to build, thats without factoring in stuff like R & D, marketing, etc. I really don't know what a fair price would be, I only know I feel like these prices are sky high & they seem to keep increasing.
It's all market manipulation and it won't stop until either regulation or a Freedom Mobile type phone manufacturer joins and disrupts the party similar to what OnePlus and a few of the chinese manufacturers did but once they saw people are willing to shell out whatever price they set it changed the game.
May 2, 2015
297 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 10:45 am
It's all market manipulation and it won't stop until either regulation or a Freedom Mobile type phone manufacturer joins and disrupts the party similar to what OnePlus and a few of the chinese manufacturers did but once they saw people are willing to shell out whatever price they set it changed the game.
there are already so many cheap and awesome value phones out there like you said. Its just that people are either too brainwashed by big brands to look alternatives or too lazy to explore. But manufacturers are also feeling the pinch and they can already see that they are touching the roof already. Pixel 3 and 3A are good examples of this...big brand scaling back prices. Note 10+ will never be sold at MSRP. For last year or so, Samsung prices are just a reference point to boast about discounts and promotions. Apple is slowly joining this trend. there are more and more discounts on apple products theses days than ever before.