Hot Deals

[Staples] Samsung Galaxy Note10+ w/ Free Galaxy Buds - $1319.99 (10% off ) + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 1:22 pm
Dec 22, 2008
43 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
Tuppin wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:24 pm
Cancelled my other preorder and switched to the Staples deal.
I had ordered with Samsung as well, but when I called to cancel, I got an email confirmation that they make charge a restocking fee. Did you get a full refund?
Mar 27, 2006
945 posts
198 upvotes
bob2000 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 9:26 am
I had ordered with Samsung as well, but when I called to cancel, I got an email confirmation that they make charge a restocking fee. Did you get a full refund?
I went on chat first and was told it would be cancelled. Then I called today as the order status hadn't been updated. I was told it was in the process of being cancelled. Nobody mentioned a restocking fee. Given that the phones haven't shipped and won't for 10 days, claiming a restocking fee seems a bit of a stretch. I imagine when the phones arrive, they just slap a shipping label on them. Should be a simple matter of eliminating the order from the shipping list.

Looking at the Samsung Canada FAQ:

"Scheduled delivery orders can be cancelled 72 hours prior to your selected delivery date for full refund."

So We should be good.
Sep 1, 2018
34 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 8:14 pm
Where is the s10 plus cheaper than msrp right now? Ignoring contract agreements.
If you check price history on www.shoptbot.ca , the cheapest the S10+ has been was $958 without any coupons or ebates or anything. It's MSRP is $1419.99....from there to $958 is a pretty hefty $460 discount. And that $958 was in June...only 3 months after release!

If we're talking about Iphones then yes, they don't devalue anywhere near as quick as the Samsungs, but Samsungs just plummet after a few months.
Last edited by techie101 on Aug 10th, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3 @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo & 5TB WD Black | Auzentech Forte 7.1 | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | DELL U2711 @ 1440p | Corsair 300R | Win 10
Feb 7, 2008
893 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
techie101 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 10:32 am
If you check price history on shoptbot.ca , the cheapest the S10+ been was $958 without any coupons or ebates or anything. It's MSRP is $1419.99....from there to $958 is a pretty hefty $460 discount. And that's only 4 months after release!

If we're talking about iphones then yes, they don't devalue anywhere near as quick as the Samsungs, but Samsungs just plummet after a few months.
Good to know. Has that been through official channels for a Canadian model? Or international versions? Asking bc for me, I only want a Canadian version with full warranty, local firmware etc.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12118 posts
3093 upvotes
Ottawa
techie101 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 10:50 am
wait 3 months. Samsung phones plummet in price and get all kinds of deep discounts after a few months. The Galaxy S10+ is ridiculously cheaper compared to its launch price. The included earbuds (who doesn't already have blue tooth earbuds here??) & charger (who doesn't have 2-3 chargers already lying around??) are not making the phone any cheaper.
yeah I was glad to stop myself from buying the S10, because the deals we saw afterwards were much better and I would have been kicking myself for jumping on the launch deal train. I'd definitely rather have a price cut than any useless freebies that I have to try to sell off.

I still might prefer S10+ over the Note for the price, the Note seems to be less of an improvement over the S10 because the main reason I want the note is the large screen.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sep 1, 2018
34 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 10:39 am
Good to know. Has that been through official channels for a Canadian model? Or international versions? Asking bc for me, I only want a Canadian version with full warranty, local firmware etc.
The Shopbot site only tracks Canadian sites, so yes those $960 sales back in June were probably Canadian models. 3 months from now is Black Friday, pretty sure we'll see some hefty cuts to the Note 10 especially if it doesn't sell well. I'll personally just wait, i don't need earbuds (already have 3) or another charger (have 4) so getting those added in is not even remotely attractive to moi.
4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Noctua NH-D14 | 16GB (2x8gb) DDR3 @ CL9 | Asrock Z97 OC Formula | Asus Strix GTX 1070 | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo & 5TB WD Black | Auzentech Forte 7.1 | Seasonic 760wt Platinum | DELL U2711 @ 1440p | Corsair 300R | Win 10
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2968 posts
2082 upvotes
techie101 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 11:35 am
The Shopbot site only tracks Canadian sites, so yes those $960 sales back in June were probably Canadian models. 3 months from now is Black Friday, pretty sure we'll see some hefty cuts to the Note 10 especially if it doesn't sell well. I'll personally just wait, i don't need earbuds (already have 3) or another charger (have 4) so getting those added in is not even remotely attractive to moi.
I wish BF wasn't so far away as I'd definitely wait for the price drops but my phone is on the brink of death so I've been trying to get a new phone for a while, plus I was about to buy a pair of galaxy buds as my other BT earbuds all seem to have something a bit off so it works out well for me to pre-order the phone now with the 10% off.
Feb 7, 2008
893 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
warpdrive wrote:
yeah I was glad to stop myself from buying the S10, because the deals we saw afterwards were much better and I would have been kicking myself for jumping on the launch deal train. I'd definitely rather have a price cut than any useless freebies that I have to try to sell off.

I still might prefer S10+ over the Note for the price, the Note seems to be less of an improvement over the S10 because the main reason I want the note is the large screen.
Ah ok thanks. Looking at note trends, the discount hasn't been anything crazy, and I'd have to wait months. I've been buying a new note every year, so waiting months kills it for me haha

I pre ordered, but will mull it over.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12118 posts
3093 upvotes
Ottawa
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 11:51 am
Ah ok thanks. Looking at note trends, the discount hasn't been anything crazy, and I'd have to wait months. I've been buying a new note every year, so waiting months kills it for me haha

yeah, the best thing to do is to buy it and then stay off the deal forums :) I hate it when I spend X amount and then later the price plummets. I don't mind waiting 3-5 months to save at least 200-300 more
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 17, 2014
239 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto, ON
warpdrive wrote:
Two reasons to get Note 10+ over S10+ are - If use the pen and if you need a larger screen. Otherwise S10+ is the way to go.
techie101 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 11:35 am

I am in the same bot... Never preferred getting accessories... Unless u need them absolutely, there are most often not worth the price they are listed for. Most often you get better ones cheaper from thirdparty.
So thinking that all the accessories as deal is most often not true.
l2iceman wrote:
Aug 10th, 2019 11:51 am

The prices do fall but Canadian version does fall a lot over the initial few months... On the other hand the international version drops it price like crazy...
I always root the phone and hence canadian version is not an option at all..
Last year during black friday, Note 9 did not have a big sale. However Ebay had a 15% offf and I got the international version for around 900$ when Canadian version was selling for around 1200+
However, with Note10 + , I think the sales for samsung are not going to be great. So we might see some sales during the holiday season...

Again, after buying samsung devices over the last few years, Samsung always comes with better offers couple of months down the lane...
Koodo
Feb 7, 2008
893 posts
231 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
256gb plus micro sd lol checked out a note 10 at a local Samsung repair centre, my wife loved the Aura Glow, so we'll likely keep our pre order as she wants it now lol
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3478 posts
486 upvotes
Hamilton
There should be some good deals on this for bf since it will be competing with pixel 4!
Mar 27, 2006
945 posts
198 upvotes
Anyone know how the free earbuds will work? Will they just be included with the phone or will we have to pick them up later?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 3 guests)

flygodz, foolek94, Tuppin, zaporozhets