Hot Deals

[Staples] Samsung Galaxy Note10+ w/ Free Galaxy Buds - $1319.99 (10% off ) + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 10:17 am
Jul 25, 2019
6 posts
2 upvotes
freak4Deal wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:05 pm
I had ordered using the Code 63471, but Staples customer service has confirmed that the free Bud offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. The 10% will not be eligible to be added on the order.

I told the CS that I was able to apply to 10% promo code with my offer, but they replied that "There might be a possibility that the order will be cancelled or changed without notice. That was on the terms and condition of the offer."

So to play safe, I cancelled my order with Staples (GOOD By Staples, I'm never coming back to you) and will order with Best Buy Now!
my first comment in RFD! I am not a sneaky reader anymore, lol. I ordered with code, when they called to confirm order I asked for confirmation on buds bundle, first person didnt know what galaxy buds are, connected to 2nd, he was not sure, transferred to 3rd from customer service, she sounded knowledgable, asked for order no etc, and confirmed I will get buds, gave me a ticket number for the phone conversation. BTW, I have buds already, I had asked bestbuy if could change the bonus, said no. "They come together from Samsung". Seems these f.. buds are glued to phones, no one can break the bundle.
Jun 2, 2018
58 posts
38 upvotes
mettii wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:43 pm
my first comment in RFD! I am not a sneaky reader anymore, lol. I ordered with code, when they called to confirm order I asked for confirmation on buds bundle, first person didnt know what galaxy buds are, connected to 2nd, he was not sure, transferred to 3rd from customer service, she sounded knowledgable, asked for order no etc, and confirmed I will get buds, gave me a ticket number for the phone conversation. BTW, I have buds already, I had asked bestbuy if could change the bonus, said no. "They come together from Samsung". Seems these f.. buds are glued to phones, no one can break the bundle.
Lucky you!

Seems the 4/5 Chat agents and 2/3 Call Center agents I dealt were not knowledgeable.

Hope you will post back when you get hold of the Note10 with the bud.
Jul 3, 2015
221 posts
441 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
mettii wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:43 pm
my first comment in RFD! I am not a sneaky reader anymore, lol.
Welcome to RFD officially, fellow shadow-reader-turned-visible-poster! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1213 posts
1840 upvotes
freak4Deal wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:05 pm
I had ordered using the Code 63471, but Staples customer service has confirmed that the free Bud offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. The 10% will not be eligible to be added on the order.

I told the CS that I was able to apply to 10% promo code with my offer, but they replied that "There might be a possibility that the order will be cancelled or changed without notice. That was on the terms and condition of the offer."

So to play safe, I cancelled my order with Staples (GOOD By Staples, I'm never coming back to you) and will order with Best Buy Now!
what the heck, Staples CSR said online orders can't be cancelled. Said I have to wait for it to ship, then I have to go and return manually.

LOL wtf is up with these CSRs
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2938 posts
2079 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:03 pm
what the heck, Staples CSR said online orders can't be cancelled. Said I have to wait for it to ship, then I have to go and return manually.

If you've been in any of the past Staples sales threads you'd have seen this brought up before.

It's kinda ridiculous but Staples isn't the only retailer that can't cancel an order online once it's placed and it's not the CSRs fault.

Best buy, fossil are a few who I've recently purchased from and couldn't have the order cancelled so you either refuse delivery, accept delivery then start a return and ship it back, accept delivery return in store.
May 25, 2018
37 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Hartia0 wrote:

Don't believe what they said, I was looking for the link that shows you'll get Buds for free with Note10 pre-orders, I asked them about it and they said the promotion was probably ended because they couldn't find the link!

But yeah, you'll have to return it to a store.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4693 posts
164 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was walking by a Bell store in Winnipeg and I saw the Note 10+ on display. Their price for the phone (No term) is $1700??? Why would they be charging $240 above the MSRP?
Jun 2, 2018
58 posts
38 upvotes
I was told by the CSR that they have placed Cancellation request and if I dont get any call from Staples in next 72 hrs, then I can consider that the order has been cancelled.

Hartia0 wrote:

Jun 2, 2018
58 posts
38 upvotes
zwang17 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 1:08 pm
Don't believe what they said, I was looking for the link that shows you'll get Buds for free with Note10 pre-orders, I asked them about it and they said the promotion was probably ended because they couldn't find the link!

But yeah, you'll have to return it to a store.
LOL

The link is still there: https://www.staples.ca/collections/new- ... msung-8140
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
2938 posts
2079 upvotes
le10017 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:22 pm
It's actually still on the staples.ca landing page, but moved a litle farther down the page.

Side note, I order my phone yesterday around noon. No phone call confirming my order yet.
They'll probably call today.

If you remember confirm with the rep that pre-orders get the Galaxy buds regardless if a code was used or not.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2016
1213 posts
1840 upvotes
The mixed messages of getting the Buds or not because of the 10% coupon, is making me reconsider preordering. It sucks there's no direct confirmation to the CSRs, who don't seem to be trained at all.
Mar 7, 2019
43 posts
65 upvotes
Hartia0 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:41 pm
The mixed messages of getting the Buds or not because of the 10% coupon, is making me reconsider preordering. It sucks there's no direct confirmation to the CSRs, who don't seem to be trained at all.
My thoughts exactly and also because of people mentioning a $200 trade in on top of 10% off with SPC in the Samsung thread.
Dec 11, 2004
78 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 14th, 2019 2:35 pm
They'll probably call today.

If you remember confirm with the rep that pre-orders get the Galaxy buds regardless if a code was used or not.
Thanks, certainly will. Need to re-iterate it's a samsung promotion, not Staples. CSR's need to recognize this.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4791 posts
774 upvotes
gyozaman wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 11:28 pm
The last 2 years, Samsung Experience Stores had sales about 4 to 6 weeks after the launch. I bought my Note 8 and Note 9 for $400 off retail. Usually the sale is $200 off and another $200 for trade in phone. Trade in phone needs to power on and be with a Canadian carrier. Last year I lucked out because I got an additional $100 off when the Iphone lauched and Samsung offered $300 off instead of $200 off retail price for the iPhone weekend launch. Samsung offers 15 day price protection so I was within that period. So for my purchase I got $500 off. Note that the $200 trade in is AFTER tax, so it is a straight $200 discount and not $224 in BC.
This might be a better game plan. I already got the buds from the last preorder so don't need another set.