Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Seagate Expansion 4 TB USB 3.0 Portable $109.99

  • Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 3:35 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 24, 2012
5561 posts
1714 upvotes
Space
Can I shuck this and use the drive inside a ps4?
Newbie
Nov 25, 2018
82 posts
96 upvotes
Do NOT NOT buy these drives, bought 3 last Black Friday and 2 of them already having problems. Yes, I do lots of downloads but it’s only 5 months. Don’t waste your money, go for WD or Hitachi drives.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
Also looking for 4TB WD external hard disk for long time storage. Pls recommend any
Member
Mar 1, 2016
465 posts
166 upvotes
TingN70420 wrote: Do NOT NOT buy these drives, bought 3 last Black Friday and 2 of them already having problems. Yes, I do lots of downloads but it’s only 5 months. Don’t waste your money, go for WD or Hitachi drives.
Agree with this. My drive has been having random issues here and there over last 2 weeks. Especially when I try to copy a large number of files at a time. I use it as temporary storage and don't leave anything valuable on it.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1400 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 8tb version of this, expansion backup pro plus. I can confirm when moving a large a mount of files it will lock up my computer completely, keyboard or mouse doesn't work.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1400 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 8tb version of this, expansion backup pro plus. I can confirm when moving a large a mount of files it will lock up my computer completely, keyboard or mouse doesn't work.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2017
739 posts
640 upvotes
I have this connected to my PS4 Pro and it has tons of issues with disconnection and file corruption
Sr. Member
Nov 17, 2013
792 posts
133 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Why do these drives seem to have so many problems? I mean locking up a computer when copying files? Shouldn't spin drives be bullet proof by now? they've been around so long. Is this a problem of Seagate or all disc based hard drives in general?
A3rr0w wrote:
Agree with this. My drive has been having random issues here and there over last 2 weeks. Especially when I try to copy a large number of files at a time. I use it as temporary storage and don't leave anything valuable on it.
AMVSQG wrote: I have the 8tb version of this, expansion backup pro plus. I can confirm when moving a large a mount of files it will lock up my computer completely, keyboard or mouse doesn't work.
zylonite wrote: I have this connected to my PS4 Pro and it has tons of issues with disconnection and file corruption
Last edited by vrredflag on May 14th, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2017
553 posts
416 upvotes
Ontario
Getting a reliable HDD is a gamble in my opinion, most reliable drives I ever had not counting ones from the the early 90's are HGST drives(loud but rock solid) and WD Blacks 640GB and 1TB all those drives had over 100,000 power on hours before I retired them to larger sized ones.
Just hope SSD keeps getting larger and cheaper to replace all my backup HDDs in the near future.
Member
Jan 8, 2015
314 posts
169 upvotes
Sounds like it's a roll of a dice when purchasing Seagate mechanical hard drives. I bought the non-portable 3 TB Seagate Expansion from SDM. I use it about every 2 weeks to backup non essential files(although it would suck to have to obtain all the files again). Been rock solid since 2016 boxing day.
Last edited by Quickman on May 14th, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top