Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Sodastream starter kit $49.99 (reg 99.99) starts Dec 25 00:00

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 11:32 am
46 replies
Nov 27, 2015
120 posts
260 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Better to just drink water instead. It's almost free directly from tap. And it's saves the environment more than this Sodastream.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2016
1235 posts
4268 upvotes
Ecalr91 wrote: Better to just drink water instead. It's almost free directly from tap. And it's saves the environment more than this Sodastream.
Where do you live where your tap water is carbonated? Or are you somehow suggesting that liking soda water isn’t a real preference?
Mar 14, 2013
810 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
MooseV2 wrote: Where do you live where your tap water is carbonated? Or are you somehow suggesting that liking soda water isn’t a real preference?
We should just stop eating too so we can save the animals and plants
Dec 13, 2013
70 posts
78 upvotes
Ottawa
Ecalr91 wrote: Better to just drink water instead. It's almost free directly from tap. And it's saves the environment more than this Sodastream.
Where do you think the water used in the Soda Stream comes from?
Boycott Tim Hortons, Subway, Rogers, Starbucks
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
Where is it discounted to 69.99 and how many litres does a can last you for typically? Use about 1.5L a day lol
Nov 10, 2005
246 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Also $47.98 again at Walmart starting tomorrow evening
Nov 10, 2005
246 posts
81 upvotes
Vancouver
Fizzi (not One Touch) is $69.99 at Staples and London Drugs for Boxing Day
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2506 upvotes
BC
Scavos wrote: Where is it discounted to 69.99 and how many litres does a can last you for typically? Use about 1.5L a day lol
Their CO2 refills are $20 (excluding core charge) and are good for 60L, but depending on how fizzy you like it you might get more or less than that.
Jul 30, 2017
194 posts
221 upvotes
Kanata
Good deal, I personally prefer Spärkel it's a better system and support Canadian business.
Jan 2, 2010
610 posts
394 upvotes
I assume they make profit from selling co2 refills. Any tips to get them for cheap?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
sparklo wrote: I assume they make profit from selling co2 refills. Any tips to get them for cheap?
Used to be that you could get a cylinder adapter from eBay and refill at paintball supply stores.

Anyone know if this is still an Israeli West Bank company or did it get sold?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2528 posts
1241 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
You don't really save money with soda stream. If anything it is more expensive. So you get it for the selection. But it turns out none of the stores keep a selection of the syrups in stock. You can order from Amazon, but the mark-up on Amazon is huge. For example a generic diet cola will cost you about $3/bottle all in.
Jul 30, 2017
194 posts
221 upvotes
Kanata
sparklo wrote: I assume they make profit from selling co2 refills. Any tips to get them for cheap?
You can with Sparkel just buy bulk baking soda and citric Acid.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2528 posts
1241 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Kwirky wrote: Their CO2 refills are $20 (excluding core charge) and are good for 60L, but depending on how fizzy you like it you might get more or less than that.
Count on 30L. If you get more, you are really efficient in your CO2 usage. Like wise the syrups are for a 250ml serving, but the bottles are 750 ml. I find though with most syrups I am happy with two shots.

So let's say I get my son the sofa stream root beer. I am using 70 cents of syrup and 50 cents of CO2 for a 750 ml root beer he will like almost as much as the 82 cent Dollarama 1L bottles.

That is provided I have any syrup bottles.
May 24, 2019
106 posts
56 upvotes
Quebec
You guys have experience with Drinkmate?

I'll pull the trigger on either the Sodastream Fizzi or the Drinkmate soon, I'd be interested in your input. Appears Drinkmate can be used with liquids other than water and use same canisters.
Jan 26, 2011
730 posts
635 upvotes
Gatineau
Check your local Kijiji or Facebook Marketplace, a few people usually refill them. I got a guy in my city who exchanges them for $10 or 2 for $18. Their syrups are all terrible though, they taste like generic store-brand diet soda but the cost, if you pay regular price for the canister, is closer to the premium brands (Coca-Cola & friends). I use the "water enhancers" and lemon juice instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)