• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 11:40 am
[OP]
Feb 21, 2020
14 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Sony WH-1000XM3 $299.99 @Staples (in store only) YMMV

With the release of the XM4's these were bound to drop. Currently on sale for 299.99 at staples (in store only for some reason, online has them @ 449.99). Seems like a pretty decent deal if one can find them so YMMV. Happy hunting.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2134 posts
747 upvotes
EDMONTON
Dang..... I just bought a Beats Studio3 last week.

Poop emoji
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1314 posts
1010 upvotes
Gatineau
I just got the in ear xm3's and they sound absolutely amazing
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
[OP]
Feb 21, 2020
14 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Studio 3’s are great, especially when one is in the Apple ecosystem. The sony’s, whether the WH or WF 1000 series devices still blow me away with their anc and sound quality.
Jul 24, 2018
236 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
I tested and just not for me. has a good anc but can't say great sound quality. For me already not worth $450. If you see that hd600 drop $300, you can go with that and also please let me know too lol. I advise you to review at best buy before buy.

and also accordingly reviews in cold weathers it is unable to use touch sensor but you can turn off the touch sensor on mobile app.
Sep 11, 2010
107 posts
97 upvotes
SeyitA35523 wrote: I tested and just not for me. has a good anc but can't say great sound quality. For me already not worth $450. If you see that hd600 drop $300, you can go with that and also please let me know too lol. I advise you to review at best buy before buy.

and also accordingly reviews in cold weathers it is unable to use touch sensor but you can turn off the touch sensor on mobile app.
HD600 is an open back type so that thing will leak sound like there's no tomorrow. Very different use case for this headphones and are not comparable.

If i am not mistaken the newer manufactured models have either fixed the cold issue or have made them less sensitive. You may be looking at an old review.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4695 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
If you are teachers, you may get them even cheaper with 10% off in store.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
SeyitA35523 wrote: I tested and just not for me. has a good anc but can't say great sound quality. For me already not worth $450. If you see that hd600 drop $300, you can go with that and also please let me know too lol. I advise you to review at best buy before buy.

HD600/HD650/HD6XX are great, and sound way better, but they are absolutely useless unless you are alone, at home, plugged into a good headphone amp. The Sennheisers are 300 ohm so you need a stronger source to drive them. And because they are open, you can hear everything and if anybody is near you, they will be annoyed by your music as they can hear everything. I didn't find them that comfortable either, as they seem to be made to fit smaller heads and clamp a bit too hard. The Sonys are way more comfortable.

I didn't even like using them with my computer because I could still hear the nearby computer fans while wearing them.

I sold them because I didn't have a use case for them. I still have the Sonys because they are meant for commuting and air travel.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Jul 14, 2004
233 posts
151 upvotes
Price aside ... Thought's on these vs the QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones? Just got them from the last refurb sale @ 179.99 ... they are pretty great but i can still return them.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2399 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They might drop more now than the XM4's are out.
xriddle wrote: Price aside ... Thought's on these vs the QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones? Just got them from the last refurb sale @ 179.99 ... they are pretty great but i can still return them.
QC35's are more comfortable (very much so if you have a big head/ears at least for me) and can connect to 2 devices simultaneously, everything else such as sound quality and ANC the Sony's are much better.
Aug 16, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
xriddle wrote: Price aside ... Thought's on these vs the QuietComfort 35 II wireless headphones? Just got them from the last refurb sale @ 179.99 ... they are pretty great but i can still return them.
The QC35 ii doesn’t have USB-C charging and also has much worse battery life than the XM3s. The XM3s have no noticeable latency for watching videos, while the Bose ones do.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14179 posts
5380 upvotes
Ottawa
generally the Sonys have a more bassy sound. I actually turned down the bass because I found it a little bit much. The Bose is flatter sounding. In a noisy environment, they are both ok. In a quiet environment at home, I wouldn't choose either (just because I have better headphones that stay at home)

If you already have the refurb 35II, I would just keep them, Bose ANC is in the same ballpark (also top tier) and very close to the Sony

The Bose is a bit more comfortable on my head. And sometimes I like the hard buttons rather than dealing with the swiping and tap controls
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1817 posts
1860 upvotes
Montreal
the thumb down , you have no cash?
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
279 upvotes
Bessem wrote: the thumb down , you have no cash?
Don't be like that. To each their definition of 'good price'