Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Sony WH1000XM3/B Premium Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black | $329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2020 12:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1565 posts
4058 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Staples] Sony WH1000XM3/B Premium Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black | $329.99

Back at the usual sale price of $329.99 with code 74680

Link: https://www.staples.ca/products/2911129 ... ones-black

Last edited by michelangelo88 on Jul 1st, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
14 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15197 posts
35239 upvotes
Nation's capital
$329.99 with code 74680
Dec 30, 2013
234 posts
996 upvotes
Toronto
I have a pair - They are dope - Chose these over Bose as the noise cancelling was better imo.
But i mean to everyone their own.
One thing they don't advertise as well is the clarity when having a wireless call. The inbuilt mic is amazing.
I might pick up a second pair for my dad.
Apr 11, 2019
330 posts
368 upvotes
good price.

i personally prefer the bose qc35. phyiscal on/off switch makes turning it on/off and pairing easier (saves like 1 second each time which isn't much but im a lazy mofo) being able to connect to 2 devices at the same time is EXTREMELY convenient if you use the headphone with exactly 2 devices. if you use it on 3, you have to do the same thing anyway. i use it with my computer and phone so not having to go through the settings and connecting through bluetooth each and every time is very nice. the bose are very slightly more comfortable. it just fits better with the perfect amount of pressure for my head. the xm3 feels like it will fall right off with any significant movement (although i never move my head enough when i wear them for this to be a real issue) and i feel more pressure on the top of my head for extended periods. the creaking from the sony headband is concerning although never amounted to anything over the couple years i've used them. bose customer service is AMAZING imo. they're super friendly, responsive, and give you a huge discount as long as you've owned their product to buy a new one if your old ones has run its course. had a pair with 1 year warranty. used it for ~4 years and it finally started breaking from just age and use and they gave me something like a 60-70% discount for a new one.

sony looks much sleeker (looks matter to me) the touch controls are nicer than the physical buttons of the bose imo. the sound quality/signature is significantly better and more fun imo. and the noise cancelling is slightly better.

TL;DR Sony has slightly better sound/noise cancelling/looks. bose has FAR better convenience and for me, the main reason i want a bluetooth headphone is for the convenience.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1708 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If you want a multi Bluetooth connection then wait for the series 4.

But if you don’t then this price is insane imo.

I have the version 2 and this is the best headphones I ever owned in my life. Not a Sony fan, but I’m a fan of amazing products
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1136 posts
1080 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Sony for the sound, anc, multiple bt code supported, longer battery life.

Bose for the comfort, way better and can wear for hours and even fall asleep, dual device support.

Look wise I do like Sony but bose is more conservative/ so preferred used in a work environment as people may thought you just use a headphone for call, but Sony stands out as a fancy good looking music earphone
Control wise some user reported Sony’s touch control is not responsive during winter time. Bose is the old fashioned, but also there is user report on power button issue (turn on device on itself after 2-3 years usage) seems physical problem.

Bose latest firmware is rumoured to have anc issue, but they went thru a detailed examination and claim everything is fine, and allow user to the downgrade FM. I don’t know if anc is indeed nerfed, but I feel their customer support takes it seriously. The best CR i dealer with is Bose and Jabra. Sony, oh well, good luck. Sony earlier also had some complaint on the FM on nerfed Anc, but anc is very objective, even Airpod pro had the same fm problem earlier this year

Price wise, with new Xm4 coming, xm3 may further drop, and specs show not a lot of changes. For Bose, newer version 700 was out last year but many customer still prefer the old qc35ii as new one was not as comfortable and can’t not fold, anc improvement is not huge (their mic has improved a lot for call quality) So I don’t expect qc35ii would further drop price soon.

At same price, if one doesn’t put comfort at first priority, Sony would be a better option.

If one want to save some money, wait for bose has refurbished qc35i, $250-200, quality is good and everything is almost the same as Qc35ii, only difference is no anc adjust/smart assistant button+plain packaging, but they have 30days return window.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Sep 1, 2018
278 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
Just be mindful that the WH1000XM4 is coming out next month...u can connect the XM4 to 2 devices and it has a drastically improved mic according to previews.
13700KF | Noctua NH-D14 | Aorus Master Z690 | 32GB DDR5 @5600mhz | RTX 3080 10GB | AW3423DWF | 4TB Samsung 980 Pro & 2TB WD SN850X | Bequiet! DarkPower13 850w Titanium | Bequiet! SB802 | Win 11
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2973 posts
3013 upvotes
Ottawa
Do these has a slight hum/buzz in the background? The WH-H900N has it while my Bose QC25 does not.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
I tested both the Bose and Sony headphones a while back and the Bose noise cancelling gave me a vicious headache within seconds.

I now have both this and the in ear WF version and have had no problems with them.
Mind you, I seem to be spending most of my time using them in video conferences.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: Do these has a slight hum/buzz in the background? The WH-H900N has it while my Bose QC25 does not.
These headphones offer Adaptive Sound Control.
This means that, if it's turned on, the headphones will modify the type of noise cancellation depending on your location and movement.
If your sitting still you hear just the source your listening to.
If you're moving about, the headphones will allow external sound to be heard, so you're aware of things going on around you. I've sometimes noticed some hiss as it switches between full and partial noise cancellation, but only sometimes.
Feb 4, 2007
232 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
I just received this headphone from Staples and already bought one from Costco. Now I have a dilemma should I return one to Costco to save $20 or should I return one to Staples and keep Costco easy 90 days return? is $20 worth it?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
tempting, should I wait for LD deal on this, how good is this price, historically?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2973 posts
3013 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuck_TO wrote: These headphones offer Adaptive Sound Control.
This means that, if it's turned on, the headphones will modify the type of noise cancellation depending on your location and movement.
If your sitting still you hear just the source your listening to.
If you're moving about, the headphones will allow external sound to be heard, so you're aware of things going on around you. I've sometimes noticed some hiss as it switches between full and partial noise cancellation, but only sometimes.
So not all the time? I have to turn up the sound to help drown out the hiss that is always present on the H900N (which defeats the purpose of trying to cancel out noise).
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1557 upvotes
Toronto
cloak wrote: So not all the time? I have to turn up the sound to help drown out the hiss that is always present on the H900N (which defeats the purpose of trying to cancel out noise).
I went and tested this out again. Just to make sure.
These headphones had a momentary hiss or maybe something similar to going into a tunnel (for a few seconds) when switching to the ambient mode (partial ANC) the first time.
I tried to reproduce it but it only happened the first time after power on.

Listening to music with quiet sections or even when one song ends and another begins is completely silent (ANC on or off).

I should be able to hear it, if there's a hiss, I've had my hearing tested and apparently I can hear upper frequencies quite well.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)