Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples $10 off $50 or more (Sept 16 to Oct 31)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 8:08 am
Dec 26, 2006
233 posts
257 upvotes
Bought another amazon echo third gen. So good for the price.
May 19, 2009
648 posts
891 upvotes
Vancouver
sYc1234 wrote: Try incognito mode and log out of any account
I did try that and even tried using different devices. The fineprint does say it doesn't apply to clearance items so that could be why.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41266 posts
6435 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought printer ink. Came to $148 after coupon and taxes. Perfect timing.
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 28, 2012
341 posts
87 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
JoDanrfd wrote: Didn't work - "This discount code does not qualify for this order right now"
I take that back, worked after I removed the fruit snacks from clearance!
Case of paper and 10-pack #2 pencils to donate = $50.08 before tax and coupon!
Last edited by JoDanrfd on Sep 16th, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am open! Let's get on with the hacking - I assume it vibrates?
Ref: Dazz
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2042 posts
1614 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ok, now the next question, what is good to buy and also adds up to $50, lol
Jul 7, 2013
533 posts
730 upvotes
Does OEM HP toner ever go on sale...like 20% off or more?

I was thinking I'd need cartridge soon (regular $129) and wondering if I should hold out? BF? Appreciate any insights if someone has been paying attn to ink costs...TIA!
(Not interested in off-brands)

cheers,
:)
Mar 28, 2012
341 posts
87 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
BillyBill wrote: For people wanting office chairs... I think the best way to go is to buy a used or refurbished ergonomic office chair. "
I agree with that - last year we got a Keilhauer and a Nightingale at prices that worked out to be 85-90% OFF! Cohen's if you're in Ottawa. GO PLAY GOLDILOCKS in any office surplus or gov't surplus store - these places always have a huge selection that you get to TRY your butt in!
Mar 28, 2012
341 posts
87 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
klamchowder wrote: Does OEM HP toner ever go on sale...like 20% off or more?
Best deals are via HP Canada's own mailing list and it's pretty much next day shipping. I know for our usage, we still have several weeks (2-3 months) once the printer tells us one of the toners is low. At that time, I start watching eBay for one-off sellers with bid start or buy-it-now pricing including shipping at least 20% off retail, and make an offer whenever possible or snipe in the last few seconds. ... all except one item I made an offer in 2020 was accepted. 2020 :(

You do know that the dates are NOT expiry dates [some of the sellers think they are ha-ha! Even so, unless stored really improperly, toner is good for several years.
If I don't manage to get a deal on eBay before we actually run out, I will cave and buy from HP. Only once we got stuck because they had a global supply shortage, but we had an inkjet also at the time, so we used that for B+W printing for a bit until the backorder lifted.
Mar 28, 2012
341 posts
87 upvotes
My Kijiji sofa
AncasterRFD wrote: 5000 sheets 20lb 96 bright $49.79 (reg $66.99) add 29c pencils (or whatever you like)
This is what I did but I am somewhat miffed at the warning that the pencils may be in a separate shipment!
Having the coupons be $10 off $49 would make so much more sense!
This is why regular pricing at Staples is consistently higher than anywhere else. What they may lose in couponed sales they more than make up for on regular purchases.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13030 posts
6850 upvotes
Southern Ontario
JoDanrfd wrote: This is what I did but I am somewhat miffed at the warning that the pencils may be in a separate shipment!
Having the coupons be $10 off $49 would make so much more sense!
This is why regular pricing at Staples is consistently higher than anywhere else. What they may lose in couponed sales they more than make up for on regular purchases.
It's ok by me 2 shipments. I don't think printer paper is cheaper anywhere else with coupon. At Costco in-store it might be a little less but it's not 96 bright, where I bought last time.
Jul 7, 2013
533 posts
730 upvotes
Fantastic info - didn't even know HP had a mailing list...LOL! Thx a mint, @JoDanrfd - much appreciated!

cheers,
:)
Jul 19, 2019
51 posts
38 upvotes
Riffer wrote: Need a cartridge for my Brother and staples is $10 more than Amazon LOL!

Oh well. Plenty of time. Probably pens and stuff for me. Pretty well stocked up since the last feeding frenzy.
You can price match with Amazon, either through phone or livechat. I was able to get a refund on the difference from an order I made.

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 6 guests)

onthemove, brexzz1