Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples - 15-Piece Automotive Roadside Emergency Kit - $12.97 - 25% (Free Shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 6:26 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6652 posts
3008 upvotes
Moncton, NB

[Staples] Staples - 15-Piece Automotive Roadside Emergency Kit - $12.97 - 25% (Free Shipping)

Staples have a 15-Piece Automotive Roadside Emergency Kit for $12.97 + tax

There's currently a 25% off coupon on clearance item making it $9.73 + tax

Coupon: 93205

This kit might not save your life but a good starting point on something everyone should have. It seem to come with a nice bag and could easily swap useful things to carry in your car for an emergency (Ex: small first aid kit etc..)

Here's the link. I might not be available to everyone.

15-Piece Automotive Roadside Emergency Kit

Kit includes:

Triangle Bag with reflective String
LED Flashlight with magnet
Tire Pressure Gauge
Booster Cables
Slip Joint Pliers
Warning Triangle
6-piece tire repair kit
2-piece screwdriver set

Last edited by nounou23 on Jan 15th, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 replies
May 26, 2020
27 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks OP! I ordered 4, one for myself and 3 as gifts. Might not be the best quality but should work in a pinch!
May 10, 2018
106 posts
70 upvotes
In for 3 as presents. Thanks, op
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2987 posts
1584 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered 3
Op thanked
Sep 26, 2013
166 posts
239 upvotes
Doesn't look high quality but for what it costs, it's a good deal.
Dec 3, 2013
495 posts
98 upvotes
Brampton, ON
are the booster cables food quality? wouldnt want to mess up the cars trying to give a boost with a low quality cable
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6652 posts
3008 upvotes
Moncton, NB
sjangss wrote: are the booster cables food quality? wouldnt want to mess up the cars trying to give a boost with a low quality cable
I honestly don't know but I imagine they wouldn't sell something if it wasn't good. ;) (or food)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4139 posts
2678 upvotes
6-piece tire repair kit

Is that seriously a tube of glue meant to patch a hole in a tire? I guess after you use the glue, you can re-inflate the tire with your mouth just like blowing up a balloon? And what is that thing beside the glue in the pic?
sjangss wrote: are the booster cables food quality? wouldnt want to mess up the cars trying to give a boost with a low quality cable
Definitely not. Small gauge aluminum cables for sure. A good set of booster cables will be $100+ on their own.
Oct 7, 2009
718 posts
396 upvotes
Toronto
I don't think most people would care that much in case of emergency..
But yea, its definitely not a good quality, so don't buy if that's your top concern.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6652 posts
3008 upvotes
Moncton, NB
SizzleChest wrote: 6-piece tire repair kit

Is that seriously a tube of glue meant to patch a hole in a tire? I guess after you use the glue, you can re-inflate the tire with your mouth just like blowing up a balloon?

Definitely not. Small gauge aluminum cables for sure. A good set of booster cables will be $100+ on their own.
I always find that every emergency kit out there for sale are never complete. Everyone have a different idea of what they should bring in their car. I bring different things for summer and winter. Also you are right that the emergency tire repair kit is not very useful since there's nothing to inflate the tire with :)
Apr 30, 2020
141 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
wish they would at least say how long and what gauge the cables are.
personally i wouldnt buy anything shorter than 10'.
Aug 10, 2010
460 posts
299 upvotes
It is a good deal, but besides the triangle, I don't think other ones are useful for emergency.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14120 posts
7853 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Thin cables might not jump, better to spend the money towards better thicker gauge cables, a breaker bar. Make sure your spare is inflated.
Jul 15, 2012
177 posts
513 upvotes
Burnaby
Might be a good deal if the booster cable is half decent.
Bad deal if they don't work and you're stuck at a parking lot at 11PM in the middle of a snowstorm.
Judging from the price and picture, I would not be surprised if they are 10 gauge copper clad aluminum.
Dec 15, 2014
9 posts
5 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
thanks OP, got one. Also it's free shipping which is a surprise.
Not sure what is useful but i have good jumper cable, the rest of the kit hopefully is not too bad.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14120 posts
7853 upvotes
Southern Ontario
soupmaster666 wrote: And a socket, the lug nut adapter ("key") if necessary, and an extension if necessary!
Lol yeah, I have aftermarket wheels with a key. I almost forgot when I installed them I still needed to carry 5 stock lugs and the native socket for my original spare.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
14120 posts
7853 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Repo600 wrote: Might be a good deal if the booster cable is half decent.
Bad deal if they don't work and you're stuck at a parking lot at 11PM in the middle of a snowstorm.
Judging from the price and picture, I would not be surprised if they are 10 gauge copper clad aluminum.
+1

Years ago thin cables failed me, never again. Like a bigger pipe, more energy transfer. Better ones frequently go on sale elsewhere.