Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples 50% Chair Event - Hyken $144.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2018 9:29 am
Dec 21, 2017
252 posts
502 upvotes

[Staples] Staples 50% Chair Event - Hyken $144.99

Staples 50% Chair Event stars October 24 to November 6. Hyken Chair $144.99. Can't figure out how to add a link to flyer. Will add link to chair when sales starts tomorrow. Link added!
Last edited by virtus on Oct 24th, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
160 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
great chair. I have one for a year now and no problems.great deal especially if you have a couple
PSN: Sakaban
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1380 upvotes
How comfy is the Hyken? Is it worth it?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1442 posts
1065 upvotes
YYC
Meeseeks wrote: How comfy is the Hyken? Is it worth it?
The problem I have found is that the mesh seat starts to sag after a year or so. This causes the front of the chair to put pressure on my thighs so I had to go get a foot rest to raise my legs higher. I guess that's why most mesh chairs have a cloth seat. Other than that, it has been fine.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
I have an unhealthy fascination with this chair. Make sure you buy the Canadian Tire Gel Cushion with the chair, as the mesh is too hard on the old rear pipe.

The Costco mesh chair is almost as comfortable at $129.99, but the Staples chair is taller with a sleeker black look.

My old thread with tips and tricks: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples- ... f-2211940/

God bless.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
I'm in need of a new chair for my home office. Hyken or are there better options? Willing to spend for comfort/ergonomics but there is an upper limit... Somewhere haha
Sep 28, 2018
625 posts
1380 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I have an unhealthy fascination with this chair. Make sure you buy the Canadian Tire Gel Cushion with the chair, as the mesh is too hard on the old rear pipe.

The Costco mesh chair is almost as comfortable at $129.99, but the Staples chair is taller with a sleeker black look.

My old thread with tips and tricks: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples- ... f-2211940/

God bless.
Gel Seat Cushion was $14.99 and is now $44.99? What kind of inflated back end is that?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2010
1020 posts
958 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone posts the Hyken chair, but there are much, much better chairs. Last 50% event I decided to go in store an sit in all of them. None of them are really special and when I sat in the Hyken I just didn't see what was so great about it.

Then I sat in this one https://m.staples.ca/en/Staples-Westcli ... CA_1_20001

It's such a massive step up in comfort, that I actually said wow out loud when I tried it in store. Been using it for about 5 months now and zero issues, it's so comfortable I've actually fallen asleep in it a number of times. It doesn't look out of place with the rest of my furniture like most executive chairs do either.
Oct 22, 2012
336 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Imo this chair is extremely overhyped and not worth the money. I personally didn't find it comfortable. Definitely a Try before you buy
i luv rfd !!!
Mar 29, 2013
108 posts
74 upvotes
Surrey
bought last year, pretty solid but not best.
good price for what you get.
8 out of 10 for me.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
What’s good for someone with a longer torso/upper body? The neck rest isn’t high enough for me to rest my neck while working.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
bobbings wrote: What’s good for someone with a longer torso/upper body? The neck rest isn’t high enough for me to rest my neck while working.
There's a headrest mod in my thread, or you can choose not to install it.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples- ... f-2211940/
https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 24, 2014
261 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1337SAUCe wrote: Any deals on gaming chairs?

Other then looking cool, they are junk. Buy a proper chair, your body will thank you. I have always bought highback manager chairs.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
bizznatches wrote: bought last year, pretty solid but not best.
good price for what you get.
8 out of 10 for me.
Are you aware of a better option that is similar in price?
Dec 21, 2017
252 posts
502 upvotes
I tried a bunch of chairs at Staples at the last chair event and bought the Hyken. It was comfortable, but when I got it home it wasn't so good after 30 mins or so. I bought an Obusforme gel cushion from Amazon and now I find it works just fine for me. Good value at the price. Replaced a Steelcase Leap chair that I wasn't happy with. The Canadian Tire gel seat would probably work fine but is less cushy than the Obusforme (Obus is twice plus the cost though).

Personally I think this chair is a good value for what it is at $145. If you work on your chair 8 hrs a day, I would move on and look for something else. I use mine for about an hour or two a day and it's perfect for that. I've used many high end chairs including Herman Miller. One of my favourites is the Knoll Life Chair. If I were still using it everyday for 8+ hours, I would save up and buy a Herman Miller or Life Chair (they will last you 10 years plus).

Bottom line, I think this chair is a good value, looks good (I don't like the old fashioned puffy chairs) for occasional use. For full time dedicated use, look elsewhere, but then what do you expect for $145?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2008
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
Lemonylol wrote: Everyone posts the Hyken chair, but there are much, much better chairs. Last 50% event I decided to go in store an sit in all of them. None of them are really special and when I sat in the Hyken I just didn't see what was so great about it.

Then I sat in this one https://m.staples.ca/en/Staples-Westcli ... CA_1_20001

It's such a massive step up in comfort, that I actually said wow out loud when I tried it in store. Been using it for about 5 months now and zero issues, it's so comfortable I've actually fallen asleep in it a number of times. It doesn't look out of place with the rest of my furniture like most executive chairs do either.
Mesh vs leather, those looking for mesh will not consider leather.. hope you know the difference

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)