Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples $50 OFF $200 Coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2020 12:11 am
Dec 8, 2009
230 posts
118 upvotes
London
$50 off Deal is dead as others reported. Now do I use the $35 off code for an Echo Studio?? hmm...
Sep 3, 2009
638 posts
300 upvotes
Calgary
SudburyMan wrote: If you actually use the shield, you will never want to return it. But for a very beginner/novice user it might be overpowered for your needs.
I am still not sure what do I need from it, the Roku come with my TV seems to be just fine for YouTube, Netflex etc. I was excited to read the Shield can mirror game from computer until I saw it needs a Nvidia GPU, which I don't. How about live TV streaming? Can that be done easily on Shield? What else the Shield can do which makes people exciting?
Mar 7, 2011
11 posts
11 upvotes
Among other things, Shield has Geforce Now to cloud stream games that you already own on Steam and Uplay, does proper 24 Hz for movies, and Plex media server that can serve content from its USB drives.
Dec 26, 2012
688 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
goovangle wrote: Tried using SAVE50 with different new emails for an Apple TV 4K but it didn't work - "The discount code you've entered is invalid"

SAVE35 doesn't work either - "This discount code does not qualify for this order right now"
While the save50 was for cart over $200, the save35 is for cart over $250. Try that.
Dec 26, 2012
688 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
How does this deal go from active a few hours ago to dead? WTF.
Dec 26, 2012
688 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Third Eye wrote: Tried SAVE35 with $200 of items and it says: This discount code does not qualify for this order right now
SAVE35 is for over $250, not $200
Dec 26, 2012
688 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
I'm thinking of going with EVO 860 1TB for PS4 pro and a wireless charging case for AirPods to use the SAVE35 over $250.
Oct 19, 2016
195 posts
69 upvotes
zywan0124 wrote: I am still not sure what do I need from it, the Roku come with my TV seems to be just fine for YouTube, Netflex etc. I was excited to read the Shield can mirror game from computer until I saw it needs a Nvidia GPU, which I don't. How about live TV streaming? Can that be done easily on Shield? What else the Shield can do which makes people exciting?
I use it for Kodi and watching live TV (sports) and TV Shows/Movies which are separate from Netflix etc. But you need some knowledge on what apps or add-ons you need on Kodi to get the most out of it.

If you strictly use netflix or disney+ etc (ie. anything that is on your roku TV already), then the shield won't serve much of a purpose for you
Dec 26, 2006
792 posts
705 upvotes
Blodia wrote: From my understanding and looking over a few reviews, there’s very little to no advantage of upgrading from a 2017 shield pro to a 2019 shield pro, except for the AI upscaler (which only works on certain apps) and Dolby vision. Otherwise, features and performance are pretty much the same. Hard to justify $210 if you already have a 2017 shield pro.
If you just want a streaming Andoid TV box, the non pro is fine. I bought one and am using it with a separate plex server and it streams 4K OK with Kodi and plex addon. The native android TV Plex app is flakey with 4K. Many buy the pro to get additional memory and USB ports so they can install Plex and keep media on an external drive. This $50 off 200 is a good price for a new Shield TV since it just came out late last year. Remote is also bluetooth, so that's going to require a Harmony hub if you use a universal remote.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20788 posts
3134 upvotes
YUL
raccoon wrote: My airpods order just got cancelled
Staples always pulls this crap. Use a valid code on Apple product and then they cancel the order. They did the same some months ago when I ordered an Apple Watch, and they didn't even email me to tell me they were cancelling the order. I only found out when I called 2 weeks later. Crappy company run by a bunch of bozos. Wont be long before Staples follows FutureShop.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20788 posts
3134 upvotes
YUL
Any good monitors worth recommending?
Apr 6, 2019
16 posts
113 upvotes
Managed to get an in store pick up for AirPods at $316.39 taxes in, much appreciated op