Boxing Day 2017 Deals

Staples Boxing Day Flyer

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2017 8:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
7875 posts
1802 upvotes
Mont-Royal
suddently all coupons except the 10$ welcome doesnt work??
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2012
103 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
Thinking about getting the HP27er monitor, but I've heard that 1080P monitors at 27 inches can have blurry text.. Does anyone have any experience with this model or 27 inch monitors in general for reading text? It'll mainly be for daily work and a console
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4755 posts
2246 upvotes
dannydevito wrote: Thinking about getting the HP27er monitor, but I've heard that 1080P monitors at 27 inches can have blurry text.. Does anyone have any experience with this model or 27 inch monitors in general for reading text? It'll mainly be for daily work and a console
Usually comes down to how close you are to the screen and a bit of personal preference.
I have a 27" 1080p, but I sit about 4 or 5 feet away which is a bit further back than most. I do quite a bit of reading -- stocks, reddit, forums and it's all fine to me.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1427 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
L4cky wrote: suddently all coupons except the 10$ welcome doesnt work??
i'm experiencing the same thing.
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2012
103 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
RiCHC3 wrote: Usually comes down to how close you are to the screen and a bit of personal preference.
I have a 27" 1080p, but I sit about 4 or 5 feet away which is a bit further back than most. I do quite a bit of reading -- stocks, reddit, forums and it's all fine to me.
Thanks - I'll mainly use it on a desk so I'd say around 2-2.5 feet.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 13, 2010
115 posts
36 upvotes
Ontario
dannydevito wrote: Thinking about getting the HP27er monitor, but I've heard that 1080P monitors at 27 inches can have blurry text.. Does anyone have any experience with this model or 27 inch monitors in general for reading text? It'll mainly be for daily work and a console
I bought this exact model from Staples on last year's Black Friday deal and I don't know if it's representative for all 1080p 27" monitors as it was my first experience, but there were outlines/contours that looked oddly jagged. It could've been my unit in particular because there were some terrible backlight bleeding if on black/dark background, which was another reason I returned for the smaller 25er model. I sit 2 feet away.
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2012
103 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
Soyabeaner wrote: I bought this exact model from Staples on last year's Black Friday deal and I don't know if it's representative for all 1080p 27" monitors as it was my first experience, but there were outlines/contours that looked oddly jagged. It could've been my unit in particular because there were some terrible backlight bleeding if on black/dark background, which was another reason I returned for the smaller 25er model. I sit 2 feet away.
Thanks, that helps a ton. How is your experience with the 25er? It's on sale at the HP website for 179.99, but they have a 50 off 200 or more discount, so I could get it down to $150 if I added a 20 dollar filler. (Big filler, but cheaper than buying it outright).

Also considering the Asus VC239H from Staples, the ASUS model numbers confuse me as they have a few Vx models (VC, VZ, VP) that look virtually identical.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 13, 2010
115 posts
36 upvotes
Ontario
I never thought I'd go for an IPS coming from the first VA monitor (BenQ EW2420) released in 2010 for Canadian market due to being spoiled by stunning blacks and contrast ratio, but the 25er pleasantly surpasses it in other areas that are expected: accurate colours that require little to no adjustment or calibration and higher response times. This was the in-depth review that I referred to. Bear in mind it's almost completely glossy, if that's something you can handle. I personally prefer these types for text clarity. This is the manual calibration aka poor man's colorimeter alternative that I use to adjust all monitors: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I notice a factory glitch on how it doesn't save certain settings in the custom profile. It's annoying, but nothing major to be discouraged about. I haven't followed up with the latest monitor reviews since I bought this one, but no doubt it's a great deal at $150. I bought mine from the HP website too, for $180. But then there's the annoying $12.50 recycle fee :twisted: .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4755 posts
2246 upvotes
dannydevito wrote: Thanks - I'll mainly use it on a desk so I'd say around 2-2.5 feet.
Truthfully, I think it just comes down to trying it and seeing it for yourself. Finding the right monitor can sometimes be like finding the right mouse -- sometimes you need to feel it out yourself.
The bright side with major retailers like Staples, Best Buy or alike is that it's relatively hassle free returns if it doesn't suit you.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 23, 2005
8585 posts
4653 upvotes
juliasedai wrote: Is the Samsung Galaxy S6 worth it for $400? I could get an S7 for 0 on a Large Tab at Koodo (equivalent to $504).
Def not worth it. It's a 3yr old phone at this point. Last week I got a brand new S7 off of Kijiji for $320.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 9, 2003
1109 posts
41 upvotes
Burnaby
So i bought something with the $10 off coupon, but never got an email confirmation. I have a screenshot of the order confirmation page with discount. Checking the order history, there was no $10 discount and I got charged full price. NO charge on my CC yet.

WTF staples!
I like Maynards Gummies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
6065 posts
615 upvotes
Kanata
How do I get coupons for staples? Any coupon working on boxing day in store?
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 22, 2006
37 posts
19 upvotes
bokchoy wrote: So i bought something with the $10 off coupon, but never got an email confirmation. I have a screenshot of the order confirmation page with discount. Checking the order history, there was no $10 discount and I got charged full price. NO charge on my CC yet.

WTF staples!
Same thing happened to me! I'm definitely going to call in once things calm down a bit.
Member
Dec 13, 2016
201 posts
81 upvotes
So I got misled like others thinking all sale items started on the 24th at midnight. Called customer service the next day, she explained everything, apologized and confirmed 100% the sale was supposed to start 1201am EST on the 26th. Shocker of the year, the sale isn't live....

Is Staples the worst retailer out there? Customer service has the wrong information, no support/answers on social media. This is ridiculous
Newbie
Nov 14, 2010
84 posts
35 upvotes
Edmonton
I tried to use a $25 off coupon and it does not work! Damn Staples wont allow the coupon on boxing day!
Member
Mar 12, 2013
246 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton
any Laptop deals on Hp at Staples 15.6 inch ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1478 posts
1274 upvotes
Just ordered the 4TB STEA4000400 for $120 and $10 discount coupon.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Member
Oct 16, 2008
441 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Javid wrote: Same thing happened to me! I'm definitely going to call in once things calm down a bit.
Purchased the Asus monitor with the $10 coupon and was charged the discounted amount on my CC.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 9, 2003
1109 posts
41 upvotes
Burnaby
Javid wrote: Same thing happened to me! I'm definitely going to call in once things calm down a bit.
Cancelled my order and bought it instore with the coupon. They said I had used too many coupons :facepalm:
I like Maynards Gummies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 3, 2005
4157 posts
501 upvotes
Georgetown
What is the $10 coupon? On a phone and hard to dig up. Thx

Top