Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples.ca: Switch Joy Con Controller Zelda Skyward Sword Edition - 99.99$

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2021 7:29 am
May 30, 2007
365 posts
518 upvotes
Markham
Got my cancellation now. The hunt begins...
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
logitvx wrote: Was it because of the coupon?

Or because they don’t have stock? What the heck.
Thank you for your recent order. We regret to inform you we were unable to fulfill item(s) from your recent order.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
At least they cancelled the pencils as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1179 posts
3611 upvotes
Canada
Cancelled.

I was wondering if it was because I got greedy and ordered more than one in the same order but that doesn't seem to be the case judging by others comments.
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Feb 22, 2017
404 posts
272 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: I don't see how this is a good price? And after nearly a decade Nintendo still hasn't fixed joy con drift so you're paying for something that will last 6 months.

Ju Leon...
statistically the joycon sticks are no worse than any other controller, drift happens to all controllers eventually its part of the wearing out process, being a portable they tend to be abused more but i digress.
regardless its a cheap and repair, heck nintendo made the sticks and (most parts in the switch) modular so unlike when my other consoles controllers die i don't need to bust out the soldering iron :D

honestly IMO the deal is the color,
you can't even get that deep blue solo or in knockoff chinese shells its only been on in 2 standalone sets the japanese Dragon Quest Limited Edition and this Zelda Limited Edition.

technically since late 2019 you could get the Dark Blue & Neon Yellow set but then you only have a left Dark Blue which means you then need to import the Japanese Dark Blue & Neon Yellow set (because they always invert the colors for some reason... fun fact )

so technically if like me your a lunatic the wants a Dark Blue set of joy cons this is cheeper than buying 2 sets of Dark Blue & Neon Yellow+importing issues etc.
then of course if you don't want the branding you need to use a solvent to remove the painted/screened designs luckily i like both zelda and dragon quest so it didn't mater which edition i got.
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
HiddenEmailer wrote: statistically the joycon sticks are no worse than any other controller, drift happens to all controllers eventually its part of the wearing out process, being a portable they tend to be abused more but i digress.
regardless its a cheap and repair, heck nintendo made the sticks and (most parts in the switch) modular so unlike when my other consoles controllers die i don't need to bust out the soldering iron :D

honestly IMO the deal is the color,
you can't even get that deep blue solo or in knockoff chinese shells its only been on in 2 standalone sets the japanese Dragon Quest Limited Edition and this Zelda Limited Edition.

technically since late 2019 you could get the Dark Blue & Neon Yellow set but then you only have a left Dark Blue which means you then need to import the Japanese Dark Blue & Neon Yellow set (because they always invert the colors for some reason... fun fact )

so technically if like me your a lunatic the wants a Dark Blue set of joy cons this is cheeper than buying 2 sets of Dark Blue & Neon Yellow+importing issues etc.
then of course if you don't want the branding you need to use a solvent to remove the painted/screened designs luckily i like both zelda and dragon quest so it didn't mater which edition i got.
I would just disassemble and spray paint, plastic bonding krylon or something. I did something similar for my sega saturn virtual cop gun, took it apart and sprayed it gun metal blue :D It has never chipped or anything. But back then I think it was cdn tire automotive gun metal blue spray paint.
Feb 22, 2017
404 posts
272 upvotes
canucktfi wrote: I would just disassemble and spray paint, plastic bonding krylon or something. I did something similar for my sega saturn virtual cop gun, took it apart and sprayed it gun metal blue :D It has never chipped or anything. But back then I think it was cdn tire automotive gun metal blue spray paint.
Fair enough that could work too, i’ve barely ever used spray paint and never on plastic like that so I don’t know if I would be able to make it look good enough but I’m sure for some people it’s an option.
It’s probably easier then I’m assuming considering how many kids do it to their Xbox controllers etc.
Other than that like you say I’d be worried about paint chipping, or discoloration rubbing off over time etc.