Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples - Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4630 $99.97 , another $50 off for trading in an old printer YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2017 6:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2279 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver

[Staples] Staples - Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4630 $99.97 , another $50 off for trading in an old printer YMMV

I saw this at Staples, Park Royal, West Vancouver.

I cannot find this model in the website. Thus guessing this is YMMV.
Here's the link from Epson - link
** I suggest to read the reviews. Fairly mixed.

Also, there is a card which states trade-in old printer for $50 off, offer good until Oct 31, 2017.
** daviiiiiid - said this $50 off offer is probably for ecotank not this printer.

Written based on memory.

from epson website:

The heavy-duty, professional-quality all-in-one printer
The heavy-duty WorkForce Pro WF-4630 produces laser-quality, high-speed prints for busy workgroups. Powered by Epson's new PrecisionCore™ printing technology, this all-in-one printer delivers Performance Beyond Laser™. Produce print-shop-quality colour prints and laser-sharp black and colour text. Plus, save on ink; get 50 percent lower printing cost vs. colour laser1. This wireless printer easily prints from tablets and smartphones2. The WF-4630 is also durable, with a 30,000-page monthly duty cycle3. And, it touts a large 330-sheet paper capacity, including an 80-sheet rear tray for envelopes or specialty paper. Additional features include auto 2-sided print/copy/scan/fax, 35-page 2-sided Automatic Document Feeder and 3.5" colour touchscreen.

Performance Beyond Laser Powered by PrecisionCore
PrecisionCore is a new printing technology using a revolutionary high-density print chip which can generate up to 40 million precise dots per second with astonishing accuracy, producing professional quality output at dramatic speeds.

4-in-1 with Wi-Fi®: Print / Copy / Scan / Fax
Ink: 4-colour DURABrite® Ultra pigment ink
ISO Print Speed: Black: 20 ISO ppm†; Colour: 20 ISO ppm†
Model: C11CD10201
Price: $299.99
Last edited by yvrwindsor on Oct 23rd, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Feb 25, 2012
8 posts
13 upvotes
CALGARY
I'm on printer #3 for this model. I would not buy again as the heads clog and the printer stops working after a few months. I didn't get past my first (trial) ink cartridges on my second replacement before the print head clogged. This isn't for lack of use as I have a home office and print at least 3x a week. Luckily I bought the staples warranty or I would have given up long ago
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2279 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
topher91 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 2:07 am
I'm on printer #3 for this model. I would not buy again as the heads clog and the printer stops working after a few months. I didn't get past my first (trial) ink cartridges on my second replacement before the print head clogged. This isn't for lack of use as I have a home office and print at least 3x a week. Luckily I bought the staples warranty or I would have given up long ago
Thanks for the feedback.
I always thought Epson WorkForce printers are great.
Last edited by yvrwindsor on Oct 23rd, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 27, 2011
487 posts
445 upvotes
there is a card which states trade-in old printer for $50 off, offer good until Oct 31, 2017.
What card?
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21649 posts
2406 upvotes
topher91 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 2:07 am
This goes for all inkjunks. I have an Epson WF I bought for like $60 just for the scanner/AIO capability (my laser doesn't have that) and sure enough the ink ran out in two days and the aftermarket carts I bought for it print but just totally skip lines of printing :rolleyes: Pretty sure that's a "feature" of the fw to prevent use of non-OEM carts. Still it's no different than any other inkjunk and a good thing I don't print with it normally because...it can't even print lol. It works well enough with this little utility though that I can use it as a copier in conjunction with a real printer (and also scan with it).

Seriously never buy an inkjunk to print, they can't and they are all some variant of the same basic POS--cloggy, ink drinking, garbage.
Mar 18, 2012
111 posts
46 upvotes
Halifax
Wow the description paragraph mentions "Laser" 5 times and "ink" just twice. I think they are trying to make you feel you are getting a laser printer.
Any inkjet is worthless for me where I print a few times a year. So show me an Inkjet where I can install a cartridge, print 10 pages every 6 months for 6 years.
Oct 13, 2015
937 posts
308 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
ES_Revenge wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 7:28 am
This goes for all inkjunks. I have an Epson WF I bought for like $60 just for the scanner/AIO capability (my laser doesn't have that) and sure enough the ink ran out in two days and the aftermarket carts I bought for it print but just totally skip lines of printing :rolleyes: Pretty sure that's a "feature" of the fw to prevent use of non-OEM carts. Still it's no different than any other inkjunk and a good thing I don't print with it normally because...it can't even print lol. It works well enough with this little utility though that I can use it as a copier in conjunction with a real printer (and also scan with it).

Seriously never buy an inkjunk to print, they can't and they are all some variant of the same basic POS--cloggy, ink drinking, garbage.
Yes, if you don't print often, you gonna get POS--clogged easily. But the photo quality is the inkjet printer better than the laser one.
Dec 29, 2003
566 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
My 2 cents

My wife has been using the Epson WF printers for at least 3 years now (probably 3 different printers), and they're good printers, but the print heads do clog up every couple of months and I end up having to externally clean them with less than stellar results. The "clean print head" function goes through a lot of ink and never works.
In contrast, I have a 4 year old brother AIO inkjet that I print with once every 3-4 months and have never had a problem.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Benjamin Franklin
Sep 22, 2015
29 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Horrible, horrible printer. I've have it for probably 8 months and, as other people is saying, the heads get clogged after some months and there's nothing you can do to make it work well anymore. I'm currently looking to buy a laser (Monochromatic).

Scanner is good, though.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21649 posts
2406 upvotes
likemontreal wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:30 am
Yes, if you don't print often, you gonna get POS--clogged easily. But the photo quality is the inkjet printer better than the laser one.
Yeah for two days until it breaks, then there is no quality because inkjunk don't print anymore.

20 years ago inkjets worked fine. I had an original Epson Stylus Color (the first one, with 720dpi printing on coated paper) the thing cost close to $1k but it never stopped working, even with light print duty. Would change the carts like once a year, had to clean the nozzles a few times, but it always printed. Basically stopped using it because it was pretty slow, very noisy, and only had an LPT port.

I also later had an HP 930c or whatever in the early 00s--again never any problems with it over time and that was a refurb to begin with. It was fast, quiet, reliable, and had USB. I only stopped using that one because I got a monochrome laser in uni due to needing a pretty high volume of document printing that an inkjet just wasn't good for.

By about the mid-00s and onward though, inkjets because super cheap garbage we now know as inkjunks. Garbage from day one, they clog if you sneeze at them, run out of ink after a few printouts (literally), and stop working in short order. Total trash and they only reason I have one myself is, as said, 'cause it was cheap enough for the scan/fax abilities on the rare occasion I need them. Otherwise? Garbage. Doesn't matter if you print everyday on it or not because first off if you print everyday, you'll be into thousands of dollars in ink in no time; secondly it's gonna break after a week anyway.
Apr 9, 2017
12 posts
11 upvotes
Have had this exact model for almost a year. Print rarely enough that I’m still using the trial ink....not a single issue and has so many features I love. Purchased for $199 from Canada computers a year ago.
Jul 1, 2012
138 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Highly not recommended. Clogged up within a year. Not worth the hassle of dealing with warranty knowing that you'll be at the same issue within a couple of months.
May 18, 2009
400 posts
31 upvotes
Winnipeg
yvrwindsor wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:19 am
Card being a signage on the shelf by the printer
Is the $50 off good for any printer, or just Epson branded? And was there a minimum purchase amount?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2279 posts
389 upvotes
Vancouver
y2gray wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 2:54 pm
Is the $50 off good for any printer, or just Epson branded? And was there a minimum purchase amount?
From my recollection, just on that printer. I did not see the signage on other printers.