Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Chair - $149.99 [$127.49 + Tax w/ 15% Off Coupon] - SALE LIVE [ONLINE / INSTORE]

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 5:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1864 posts
252 upvotes
If this sale was a few weeks earlier, I would have bought it based on suggestions from RFD. So I sat in this chair for 30 minutes, then I went to Ikea and sat in the Markus. Went home with the Markus.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1057 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cns187 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:35 pm
If this sale was a few weeks earlier, I would have bought it based on suggestions from RFD. So I sat in this chair for 30 minutes, then I went to Ikea and sat in the Markus. Went home with the Markus.
So you prefer the Markus over this?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
1864 posts
252 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:42 pm
Correct, I am 5'9" the headrest was slightly too low for me so I would have had to mod it which I don't want to do. My GF is 5'4" and she also preferred the Markus over the Hyken.
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Feb 25, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
cns187 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:35 pm
Me too
Nov 19, 2005
238 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
This chair gets recommended on RFD every time there's a sale, what's so good about it? I've never tried a mesh chair, it seems like for extended sitting sessions it wouldn't feel as comfortable as one that has a cotton or leather back and seat because of less cushioning?
Dec 13, 2016
17 posts
9 upvotes
I am about 5’7, will the headrest fit perfectly for me?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1679 posts
1031 upvotes
Laputa
cns187 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:49 pm
Correct, I am 5'9" the headrest was slightly too low for me so I would have had to mod it which I don't want to do. My GF is 5'4" and she also preferred the Markus over the Hyken.
I have Markus at home for years, I just ordered the Staples one.
The headrest of Markus is on the right place if you sit correctly, which is good. but the problem is... when you are at home, most of time when you are watching movie or whatever... u will lie down for a comfortable posture, then.. unable to put your head on the headrest.
Thx OP, bought 10! :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6652 posts
6944 upvotes
kwokinator wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:06 pm
This chair gets recommended on RFD every time there's a sale, what's so good about it? I've never tried a mesh chair, it seems like for extended sitting sessions it wouldn't feel as comfortable as one that has a cotton or leather back and seat because of less cushioning?
Cushions get hot, start to smell, and actually feel more uncomfortable because they don't provide a stable base for your posture. The Hyken Mesh chair avoids this, and the gel seat cushion I recommend provides enough cushion for comfort and improved seat longevity.

Folks buying this for extreme comfort are confused. This is a work chair, it's comfortable enough, but not so blissfully comfortable that you want to kick back, relax with your girl, and watch Netflix.

They call it a task chair for a reason.
Dec 13, 2017
66 posts
66 upvotes
letmesee wrote:
May 15th, 2019 12:42 pm
Just a heads up, if you get the fake leather one, it will likely fall apart. My headrest just started shedding black material. IKEA does not warranty this, they only warranty the parts that are unlikely to break. I replaced it with a Hyken, which I do find more comfortable (I did mod mine). The Markus cushion was way too hard.
Nov 19, 2005
238 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:13 pm
Cushions get hot, start to smell, and actually feel more uncomfortable because they don't provide a stable base for your posture. The Hyken Mesh chair avoids this, and the gel seat cushion I recommend provides enough cushion for comfort and improved seat longevity.

Folks buying this for extreme comfort are confused. This is a work chair, it's comfortable enough, but not so blissfully comfortable that you want to kick back, relax with your girl, and watch Netflix.

They call it a task chair for a reason.
Ah, so sounds like if I'm looking for something comfortable enough to work in and still do long gaming sessions after, I should look elsewhere then. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2497 posts
714 upvotes
Da boot
Decent chair, but do yourself a favor, buy one of those old gel keyboard wrist rests, cut it in two, put it over the arm rests with an old black sock. Instant armrest upgrade.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6652 posts
6944 upvotes
kwokinator wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:30 pm
Ah, so sounds like if I'm looking for something comfortable enough to work in and still do long gaming sessions after, I should look elsewhere then. Thanks!
Maybe. If you're a super focused competitive gamer, I'd say get it. If you're a relaxed casual gamer, you may want something really comfortable to veg' out on.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6652 posts
6944 upvotes
ph00p wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:33 pm
Decent chair, but do yourself a favor, buy one of those old gel keyboard wrist rests, cut it in two, put it over the arm rests with an old black sock. Instant armrest upgrade.
There are also third party arm rest covers.

To be fair, I like the harder nature of the Hyken, super comfort makes me slothy and lethargic.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 8 guests)

Yourselff, porcan