Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Chair - $149.99 [$127.49 + Tax w/ 15% Off Coupon] - SALE LIVE [ONLINE / INSTORE]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 12:21 pm
Tags:
May 31, 2012
388 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone provide a rough size estimate of the box it's delivered in?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2810 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
just in time to replace my 8yrs old pleather chair thats been shedding like a dog!!! thanks op
Jul 8, 2012
787 posts
156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
thinfilms wrote:
May 15th, 2019 10:16 pm
Can anyone provide a rough size estimate of the box it's delivered in?
14" x 25.5" x 28"

My box looked pretty beat up.
Jan 18, 2006
461 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome thanks, I've bought stuff from staples from time to time but never needed to return them, especially for item that needs assembly, that's good to know!

Just ordered the black hyken along with an "original" backpack and a luggage on clearance, plus $20 coupon, total after tax comes to $203.86, almost feels like I'm stealing them at this price lol.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16115 posts
4188 upvotes
The Hyken is okay. I was in today and checked the comfort level. Might end up with a Seta or other manager's chair as they are more comfy IMO. They are about $100 more expensive than this chair but worth every penny. Also, they have a 10 year warranty. Any thoughts on other chairs on sale?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16115 posts
4188 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 15th, 2019 1:13 pm
Cushions get hot, start to smell, and actually feel more uncomfortable because they don't provide a stable base for your posture. The Hyken Mesh chair avoids this, and the gel seat cushion I recommend provides enough cushion for comfort and improved seat longevity.

Folks buying this for extreme comfort are confused. This is a work chair, it's comfortable enough, but not so blissfully comfortable that you want to kick back, relax with your girl, and watch Netflix.

They call it a task chair for a reason.
My older chair's armrests have come apart so I was looking for a replacement chair. I tried to sit in the Hyken but the headrest sits on my shoulders. I have a faux leather chair I picked up at Staples a year ago but though I use it for 4 - 6 hours daily, it doesn't smell at all. Also, the Hyken is narrow. Might be good for doing typing but the leather I have is used for data entry and is quite comfortable. I guess it boils down to personal preference. The gamer chairs on sale were terrible to sit in. Maybe if I was a kid and well under 6 feet in height, it might work. Maybe if they sat on a pillow or used an Obus form with the chair (something I had to do with an older office chair) it might be better on their back. The Serta was very nice for me as I have ruptured discs and can't sit in many chairs for any length of time. Oh well, the sale lasts a couple weeks so I can check back over the next couple days and make a decision then...
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2648 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Put an order in for a black after debating between it and the grey, I've always liked mesh over pleather so I hope this is an improvement over my 6 year old pleather that's mostly peeled away now.
Sep 3, 2016
46 posts
34 upvotes
I went in store to test the Staples Hyken Chair and I can say that it is not for me, Im 5.8" and the headrest was touching my shoulder, I tried to put it at maximum height but I didn't like the feeling on my neck, seating was not comfortable as I felt too much pressure under my legs. For Comfort I found that the best chair in order was a Serta Benson priced at 199.99, Staple Northman at 147.99 and the staple Westcliffe chair at 124.99 but all 3 lack of functionality and doesn't make you sit right since the chairs back lean backward and are not adjustable. The best chair for the price in my opinion is the Arozzi Torretta at 224.99, it as comfort, functionality, good posture, and soft lumbar and pillow cushion. I strongly suggest that you try the chair before buying
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2624 posts
314 upvotes
Anyone know if staples delivery safe drop it?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8793 posts
8908 upvotes
Aero wrote:
May 16th, 2019 2:11 am
Anyone know if staples delivery safe drop it?
Call your local Staples, they can shed light on this for you.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8793 posts
8908 upvotes
I'm posting this to repost for post #2.

The Staples Hyken Chair: Value Proposition

A task chair designed for productive functional comfort.

1) Breezy and cool mesh keeps your bottom cool, and allows for easy air release.
2) The chair encourages upright posture.
3) The head rest is good for folks up to 6'2" with the head rest mod, otherwise you can skip the install.
4) The gel seat cushion option improves seat comfort and distributes weight to avoid sagging.
5) Anecdotal: It's deployed across a few offices here with great success, using the gel seat cushion.
Aug 28, 2015
6 posts
5 upvotes
Saint-Colomban, QC
Thank you, got my price adjusted because I got it a month ago at 200$.

I like it a lot and it seems to have fixed my backpain
Aug 28, 2003
679 posts
55 upvotes
I tried this chair out, it's ok, it's a mediocre chair at a good price. Would not recommend it for anyone over 6 feet, the seat length is really short and the chair is extremely narrow even for a task chair. Once the headrest gets flipped around from the mod it's better but still can dig into the back of the neck when you're sitting down but works pretty well when the chair is reclined a bit. I sat in it at home last night and can definitely see why people are recommending a gel pad but other than that it was reasonably comfortable. In the end I'm probably going to return it and keep searching for something that works better for me.
Dec 21, 2012
359 posts
260 upvotes
Winnipeg
If anyone is thinking of buy 2 of these chairs I have a $35 off/$250 coupon for furniture only. PM me if you can use it.
Coupon is gone now.
Last edited by truckmania on May 16th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.