Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Chair - $149.99 [$127.49 + Tax w/ 15% Off Coupon] - SALE LIVE [ONLINE / INSTORE]

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2019 12:21 pm
Tags:
Dec 21, 2014
46 posts
234 upvotes
Markham, ON
lexmark1 wrote: Bought the hyken on the 15th and received it today, put it together and went to ikea to try out the markus. Needless to say i ended up buying the markus and returned the hyken lol. The markus is way more comfortable hands down.
I am actually replacing my Markus with Hyken, Markus is great but it doesn't have adjustable armrests and it gives me shoulder pain after long time use. But probably it is just my own problem...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2783 posts
2371 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone know if the Staples Hardwood wheels will fit Ikea markus chair?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5983 posts
1798 upvotes
Scarborough
People say you can not install the arm rests on the Markus and I'm starting to like that idea... It is definitely more comfortable if you're a taller person
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17016 posts
18903 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: People say you can not install the arm rests on the Markus and I'm starting to like that idea... It is definitely more comfortable if you're a taller person
How tall are you folks? I'm 6'2" and love my no-headrest Hyken. I hated the Markus for all the reasons discussed in post #2, but I feel like this is an intensely personal and subjective decision.
Jul 28, 2017
135 posts
142 upvotes
I just got the chair installed. According to the user manual, "Armrest pad can slide forward or backward as well as rotate in or out". How do you actually do that? I can adjust the armrest up and down, but I am not exactly sure how to adjust it forward/backward and rotate in/out.
Nov 26, 2017
54 posts
35 upvotes
Love the chair. It's sturdy and neck rest is just about right
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2455 posts
1004 upvotes
Burnaby
HenryC422053 wrote: I just got the chair installed. According to the user manual, "Armrest pad can slide forward or backward as well as rotate in or out". How do you actually do that? I can adjust the armrest up and down, but I am not exactly sure how to adjust it forward/backward and rotate in/out.
The pads at top can slide forward as well as rotate the angle outwards \ / or In / \
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5983 posts
1798 upvotes
Scarborough
redflagdealsguy wrote: How tall are you folks? I'm 6'2" and love my no-headrest Hyken. I hated the Markus for all the reasons discussed in post #2, but I feel like this is an intensely personal and subjective decision.
6'2
Jul 28, 2017
135 posts
142 upvotes
Psykopathik wrote: The pads at top can slide forward as well as rotate the angle outwards \ / or In / \
How does that work? Do I have to press the arm rest button on the chair as I slide the pads at the top forward or rotate the angle?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2455 posts
1004 upvotes
Burnaby
HenryC422053 wrote: How does that work? Do I have to press the arm rest button on the chair as I slide the pads at the top forward or rotate the angle?
Well I don't own own a Hyken chair but mine has a thumb button to raise and lower. Simply pushing forward or twisting adjusts the other directions with a ratchet like notch/click
May 16, 2019
13 posts
2 upvotes
How long did your chairs take from ordering to being delivered? I can't even check the status of my order on the website, when I pop in my order number and postal code it just refreshes the page.
Dec 21, 2012
420 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
Tfarooqi wrote: How long did your chairs take from ordering to being delivered? I can't even check the status of my order on the website, when I pop in my order number and postal code it just refreshes the page.
Delivery was super fast for me. I ordered it on the 15th late in the afternoon, and got it today at noon. Considering I'm in a small town 1.5 hrs. from Winnipeg I would consider that great delivery. On my order it said delivery was going to be on May 21st. So I was pleasantly surprised. My order just showed up on my Staples account late this morning, with no tracking info so their system is awful slow. Haven't put it together yet though. So it may show up at your door before the order even shows on the Staples website.
May 16, 2019
13 posts
2 upvotes
Okay, mine also shows the 21st but the order won't even show under my account. Hopefully I'll get it today or Monday.
Sep 2, 2017
798 posts
847 upvotes
Ontario
Just to be sure; if I order online I can return it at any Staples store with a printed receipt from the email and get full money back within 30 days? My friend liked my chair and wants to order but hates dealing with shipping stuff back etc if she doesn't like it after a while
Oct 6, 2015
10 posts
3 upvotes
HenryC422053 wrote: How does that work? Do I have to press the arm rest button on the chair as I slide the pads at the top forward or rotate the angle?
Pretty sure Hyken doesn't have those features.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17016 posts
18903 upvotes
Jimbo67 wrote: Just to be sure; if I order online I can return it at any Staples store with a printed receipt from the email and get full money back within 30 days? My friend liked my chair and wants to order but hates dealing with shipping stuff back etc if she doesn't like it after a while
You can return in store.
Oct 11, 2018
176 posts
110 upvotes
Remember you can also get cashback on ebates + airmiles at checkout. Not sure if this qualifies for 3% or 1%, but any little bit helps.
Aug 1, 2006
375 posts
46 upvotes
brandonw17 wrote: Remember you can also get cashback on ebates + airmiles at checkout. Not sure if this qualifies for 3% or 1%, but any little bit helps.
I got 1% on mine
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3223 posts
949 upvotes
Toronto
Just got mine, it's early but I like it so far. I've done the headrest mod which helped a lot, I'm around 5'11". Actually I'm loving the headrest.. quite often I have power naps while I'm at the desk (not intentionally of course) and my old chair had no headrest so my head would either just bob up and down or hang in one direction which caused some soreness after I awoke. The headrest provides some nice support when leaning back, I'm worried these power naps might double or triple in duration now Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2010
1788 posts
471 upvotes
Well left it too long and the gel seat cushion from Canadian Tire is no longer on sale...chair just came today as well, any other recommendations?