Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Chair - $149.99 [$139.99 w/ coupon] - SALE LIVE [ONLINE / INSTORE]

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 5:00 pm
Tags:
Sep 2, 2017
329 posts
155 upvotes
Does Ikea ever have any good sitewide sales or coupons? Thinking of upgrading my desk now heh
Mar 23, 2017
203 posts
84 upvotes
Canada
Jimbo67 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:07 pm
Does Ikea ever have any good sitewide sales or coupons? Thinking of upgrading my desk now heh
Same here lol. Two Alex drawers with gerton table top comes to around 400 dollars including tax.
Sep 2, 2017
329 posts
155 upvotes
YasirAli wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:18 pm
Same here lol. Two Alex drawers with gerton table top comes to around 400 dollars including tax.
Pretty much the same for me, 2 Alex drawers and a karlby top. A sale would be nice as I'm not really in a rush to buy it yet
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1117 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
wirestyle wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:54 pm
Ordered early this morning, got the confirmation email but the order hasn't appeared on my staples account.

Is that normal? Haven't ordered from there in some time so I forget how they usually operate.
same here
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6649 posts
6943 upvotes
I had a nice little comment drafted but it seems to have disappeared.

The Staples Corporate guy I'm in contact with tells me these chairs are flying, I believe him.

The Staples Hyken Chair isn't for everyone.

You're hearing some marginal complaints from two camps:
1) Folks who prefer luxurious comfort over practical and productive comfort.
2) Folks who don't know that the gel seat cushion is a thing.

If you fall into camp 2, trust me when I say, a good gel cushion makes a big difference. If you're still not satisfied, you fall into camp 1.

I will never touch a $1,000 luxurious leather work chair again.
Nov 19, 2005
238 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:30 pm
I had a nice little comment drafted but it seems to have disappeared.

The Staples Corporate guy I'm in contact with tells me these chairs are flying, I believe him.

The Staples Hyken Chair isn't for everyone.

You're hearing some marginal complaints from two camps:
1) Folks who prefer luxurious comfort over practical and productive comfort.
2) Folks who don't know that the gel seat cushion is a thing.

If you fall into camp 2, trust me when I say, a good gel cushion makes a big difference. If you're still not satisfied, you fall into camp 1.

I will never touch a $1,000 luxurious leather work chair again.
Any recommendations for a more luxurious comfort chair from this chair event for camp 1 people?
Or any recommendations for a gel cushion for camp 2 people? You had a recommendation in post 2, is that the best one (for the price I mean)

I've never tried a mesh chair and I'm tempted since this chair flies off the shelves every time it's on sale, but the chair just looks so uncomfortable when I might be in the chair for literally 12+ hours a day from home office and chill console gaming after.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6649 posts
6943 upvotes
kwokinator wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:54 pm
Any recommendations for a more luxurious comfort chair from this chair event for camp 1 people?
Or any recommendations for a gel cushion for camp 2 people?

I've never tried a mesh chair and I'm tempted since this chair flies off the shelves every time it's on sale, but the chair just looks so uncomfortable when I might be in the chair for literally 12+ hours a day from home office and chill console gaming after.
See post #2 for a potential seat cushion. Try it out in store at Canadian Tire if they hassle you on returns.

As for luxurious chairs, it's tough to recommend chairs I don't enjoy, but those folks definitely prefer built in seat cushions with generous padding. Thick foam or padded leather seats are popular. The Costco brown leather chairs from back in the day were popular among the managers in my company... if they still sell those.

Folks have mentioned Markus chairs at Staples, they're a thing too, not as luxurious as some, but more padding than Hyken.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1081 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
IKEA Markus was Wirecutter's budget pick for "The Best Office Chair" last year:
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-office-chair/

"The IKEA Markus was our previous budget pick in this guide, and one that several Wirecutter staffers still own and like. However, in this round of testing, it was universally reviled. Our shorter testers found the high back made them feel like children sitting on a throne, while taller testers found the non-adjustable arms were far too low for comfort. The Markus is still well-loved across the internet so if you’re looking for an inexpensive chair it’s worth testing out at IKEA if you have the chance, but your mileage will vary depending on your height."
Jul 7, 2007
98 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
TheSheldor wrote:
May 15th, 2019 2:25 pm
Bought it for my mom last week for $200. She loves it but do you think they'll price match this?
I just did, I bought it on May 5th for $199, went in with receipt, they refunded it and charged me again at $149, also got the chair protection for $13, which is lower than the $20 it was when the chair was $199.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6649 posts
6943 upvotes
I asked Staples Corporate's Program (Staples Premier?) if they'd do special pricing on the Hyken, above and beyond the already discounted sale price. His response: Hyken is flying, and there's little incentive for them to further drop the price for corporate.

I was disappointed, but not surprised. This is a great price, especially with the $10 off on email sign up. Those lucky few with $20 off $75 are rare animals indeed.

I'm not opening another office for probably another year, and if the stars align for another Hyken sale, I'll buy a few for that office.
Jul 8, 2012
782 posts
155 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Picked up my order, assembled, sat in it for an hour. Like it, as it's not much bigger than my broken Ikea office chair. Will see how it holds up long term.
Oct 6, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
TheSheldor wrote:
May 15th, 2019 2:25 pm
Bought it for my mom last week for $200. She loves it but do you think they'll price match this?
I bought mine almost 2 weeks ago and they were able to price adjust for it. They were even able to apply a new coupon I had to the price adjustment.
Last edited by LEON7EUNG on May 16th, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 29, 2006
811 posts
447 upvotes
Bradford
If you can add to your order to put it over $200 you can get a $20 off $200 coupon via ebates (on ebates, click on see all coupons on the staples page). Maybe add some backpacks: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-deal ... ler_id=506
It doesn't matter if racing never changes. What matters is if we let racing change us.
Jan 18, 2006
458 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if I can return the chair without dissembling it if I end up not liking the chair? Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6649 posts
6943 upvotes
redplanet wrote:
May 15th, 2019 9:30 pm
Does anyone know if I can return the chair without dissembling it if I end up not liking the chair? Thanks!
Pretty sure you can. Staples returns are pretty friendly.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

govas19, Mr. Robo, gnc123, silenthunder