Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Hyken Ergonomic Mesh Chair 179.99$

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2020 1:37 am
Dec 2, 2009
28 posts
45 upvotes
CelusC wrote: Checking in after i ordered the Dexley, i was a bit hesitant because there were not many reviews, quick google search only showed few reddit threads suggesting this is the upgraded version of the Hyken.

Just assembled it and sitting on it right now, i can honestly say it feels great. few things i like:
  1. Headrest is adjustable just like the lumbar on Hyken
  2. Much wider seat, the supported weight is 25lb more than Hyken, hopefully that means the mesh or structure are stronger
  3. Lastly its $12 cheaper than Hyken, for $158 after the $10 email signup before tax, i feel like this is a pretty solid chair
What kind of cushion do you use ?
Jan 2, 2014
639 posts
246 upvotes
So in the end this is going to have cost me $144+tax

Staples is giving me a $40 refund due to this being a returned item or floor item and the state it was shipped in.
Dec 12, 2006
31 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
CelusC wrote: Checking in after i ordered the Dexley, i was a bit hesitant because there were not many reviews, quick google search only showed few reddit threads suggesting this is the upgraded version of the Hyken.

Just assembled it and sitting on it right now, i can honestly say it feels great. few things i like:
  1. Headrest is adjustable just like the lumbar on Hyken
  2. Much wider seat, the supported weight is 25lb more than Hyken, hopefully that means the mesh or structure are stronger
  3. Lastly its $12 cheaper than Hyken, for $158 after the $10 email signup before tax, i feel like this is a pretty solid chair
Thank you for posting this, I was curious about this chair's build quality. Pretty close to pulling the trigger, what are your thoughts on the lumbar support?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1840 posts
589 upvotes
I was working from my bed for few years (laziness). No chair can fit me comfortably until I start working out my back muscle.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3162 posts
1100 upvotes
Vancouver
cool managed to find a $15 coupon code in my email trash.

I've had my hyken for 2 years now and no issues. Getting a 2nd to replace another dying chair.
it's non adjustable so definitely only going to be comfortable for a small portion of the population
Nov 21, 2014
652 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
K3lvin wrote: Thank you for posting this, I was curious about this chair's build quality. Pretty close to pulling the trigger, what are your thoughts on the lumbar support?
Overall everything thing is wider and bigger than the Hyken, feels pretty sturdy and i prefer the all black colour. Lumbar feels pretty good, plus its still adjustable like Hyken so you can tune it to your liking.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Apr 21, 2018
104 posts
34 upvotes
Anyone have a coupon code they can give me?

Found a $15 one in my email but it expired March 20th :(

Thanks in advance!
Sep 3, 2019
104 posts
50 upvotes
GTA
kiasu wrote:
I would like to know too
wearysky wrote: I was reading the reviews on that cushion on the CT site, a lot of people are saying it flattens right down after extended sitting, making it essentially useless (with relatively normal-weight people too, 190 lbs etc). Anybody here have any experience with it? At $20 (which location, btw?) I'd be willing to gamble, not so much at $45 though.

I've been looking too. Recommendations online point to the Purple Simply cushion as the best cushion to get, but it's like $80 and the only place I've found it available for Canada is to buy online from Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you're been sitting a lot lately, it may be a hamstring injury or something to do with the sciatic nerve. I looked into this a bit last night because I wanted to address the bodily issue (vs using a cushion to eliminate our hide the discomfort) and found a couple of stretches that helped me a lot today. For the first day in about a week, I didn't experience any sharp pains or tingling sensations, just the usual butt soreness.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2238 posts
662 upvotes
the11thdoctor wrote: So in the end this is going to have cost me $144+tax

Staples is giving me a $40 refund due to this being a returned item or floor item and the state it was shipped in.
What colour did you get? I got the red one and the box looked taped up and banged how did you get the 40 refund and know it was a refund item. Orded mine online. It should be new.
PSN: Sakaban
Dec 2, 2019
12 posts
4 upvotes
I find this char pretty good. I bought two of these back in 2014 or so, at $125 each. no issues so far.

At work, I use a chair that is supposedly expensive and highly "ergonomic," but honestly I don't notice much difference between the two products, maybe im super insensitive when it comes to chairs.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
17243 posts
7081 upvotes
Oakville
SKill7 wrote: If you're been sitting a lot lately, it may be a hamstring injury or something to do with the sciatic nerve. I looked into this a bit last night because I wanted to address the bodily issue (vs using a cushion to eliminate our hide the discomfort) and found a couple of stretches that helped me a lot today. For the first day in about a week, I didn't experience any sharp pains or tingling sensations, just the usual butt soreness.
I'm not sitting any more than usual. But my home office chair isn't as good as my chair at the actual office, which is why I'm looking at cushions.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 11, 2010
218 posts
1452 upvotes
Montréal, QC
the11thdoctor wrote: So in the end this is going to have cost me $144+tax

Did you contact them by chat or email? How did they determine that refund would be $40?