[Staples] Staples Hyken Technical Mesh Chair $142
- Deal Link:
- January 3, 2017
Dec 26th, 2016 6:26 am
Nearby Staples locations:
Dec 26th, 2016 6:39 am
Dec 26th, 2016 7:01 am
Dec 26th, 2016 7:11 am
It's alright. It's an RFD favourite, usually goes for $160. Bought one a year ago and it's still there. Guests confuse it for a fancy Herman Miller. I let them.do you think the chair is worth it btw. Does the chair last long?
Dec 26th, 2016 7:17 am
Dec 26th, 2016 9:00 am
Dec 26th, 2016 11:35 am
Dec 26th, 2016 11:39 am
Dec 26th, 2016 12:44 pm
Dec 26th, 2016 1:25 pm
Dec 26th, 2016 1:28 pm
Dec 26th, 2016 1:37 pm
Dec 26th, 2016 2:03 pm
Hmmm, in the summer I'm often shirtless and in shorts (no AC). Good idea to try it in a store like that?mr_yellow wrote: ↑ I've got this chair since summer
Over all, i like it but here are some things I'd comments:
1) the headrest is pretty low/forward... I think it's meant to support your head while working vs. Leaning back and relaxing.
2) the mesh can get a little uncomfortable in shorts. You'll get a "mesh" pattern imprinted on the back of your legs for a while. It's actually quite grippy so readjusting takes a little more effort. And because it's just plastic, it isn't as breathable as you think being mesh and all. This is only a problem if you're bare skin on it. If you wear anything, it's fine.
3) the arm rests are solid and don't wiggle (as far as I remember). No complaints.
4) the rollers are great. No complaints.
5) the tilt goes pretty far back. Also pretty comfy when fully back (but the head rest gets in the way when you stretch back).
6) lumbar support is fine. No complaints
Overall, still a decent chair in the <$200 range. I think IKEA is the only other one that has an office chair that's good in this price range.
Dec 26th, 2016 2:18 pm
I don't want to sound negative, but you really should try sitting and inspecting one, in person. I ordered one for my son a few months back and returned it after assembly. What put me off was the way it was put together, I don't think it will be one to last more than a couple of years. It was cheap but to me, not a bargain, even at this price point. For reference, I am sitting on a 18 yo Aeron, I paid 6x this chair, I believe my mesh will last at least a decade more. I ended up getting a Ikea Markus chair with a 10 yr warranty for around the same price.
Dec 26th, 2016 2:21 pm
The arm rests are certainly SOLID as in they are ROCK hard, what I did is I cut an old gel wrist rest I had lying around in 2 and put each piece on an arm rest, held in place with a black sock, looks kinda silly but works great. The rest of the chair is pretty ok, the stupid head rest doesn't stay in the place you put it, but I've noticed my posture improve dramatically from using this chair, I previously had one of those old "leather" manager chairs from staples.