"This item ships free"
Images
  • s0771218_sc7.jpg
19 replies
Oct 17, 2015
410 posts
111 upvotes
Mississauga
Remember to try and find a 20 dollar coupon, do you think the chair is worth it btw. Does the chair last long? All my leather chair fall apart after ~2-3000hrs of use
Apr 29, 2013
434 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone know where to get coupons? Is there any way to get one or would I have to have received it in a flyer?
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl
GCR has links to $10 off $100 and $20 off $200 coupons on their launch page.
do you think the chair is worth it btw. Does the chair last long?
It's alright. It's an RFD favourite, usually goes for $160. Bought one a year ago and it's still there. Guests confuse it for a fancy Herman Miller. I let them.
Please excuse my son, he's artistic.
Apr 29, 2013
434 posts
98 upvotes
Montreal
pwntiac wrote: GCR has links to $10 off $100 and $20 off $200 coupons on their launch page.
OP made it seem like there was a 20$ coupon that could be applied to this order. Was 20 off 200 what he was referring to?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40052 posts
6030 upvotes
King City
Great chair. Could have waited but got mine back in August or September when this was on sale
Proud to be an Indian.
621 posts
229 upvotes
For those that have had it for awhile hows the actual durability holding up? No experience with these mesh bottom chairs.

Any arm wrest wiggle?
Dec 1, 2011
48 posts
6 upvotes
thx OP, bought one, with an extra 10$ off + ebates
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1314 posts
299 upvotes
Ottawa
For those who own it for > few months...how's the seat holding up and isn't it a little bit small (based on reviews I was let to believe it digs into the back leg).
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1951 posts
500 upvotes
I've got this chair since summer

Over all, i like it but here are some things I'd comments:

1) the headrest is pretty low/forward... I think it's meant to support your head while working vs. Leaning back and relaxing.
2) the mesh can get a little uncomfortable in shorts. You'll get a "mesh" pattern imprinted on the back of your legs for a while. It's actually quite grippy so readjusting takes a little more effort. And because it's just plastic, it isn't as breathable as you think being mesh and all. This is only a problem if you're bare skin on it. If you wear anything, it's fine.
3) the arm rests are solid and don't wiggle (as far as I remember). No complaints.
4) the rollers are great. No complaints.
5) the tilt goes pretty far back. Also pretty comfy when fully back (but the head rest gets in the way when you stretch back).
6) lumbar support is fine. No complaints

Overall, still a decent chair in the <$200 range. I think IKEA is the only other one that has an office chair that's good in this price range.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1227 posts
589 upvotes
Is the Ikea Markus better for tall people? >= 6'
Nov 16, 2015
375 posts
291 upvotes
t.drizl
andersb wrote: Is the Ikea Markus better for tall people? >= 6'
I also have the markus and would put them on the same level. The markus' lumbar support is probably better suited to taller people.
Please excuse my son, he's artistic.
Dec 26, 2011
621 posts
229 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: I've got this chair since summer

Over all, i like it but here are some things I'd comments:

1) the headrest is pretty low/forward... I think it's meant to support your head while working vs. Leaning back and relaxing.
2) the mesh can get a little uncomfortable in shorts. You'll get a "mesh" pattern imprinted on the back of your legs for a while. It's actually quite grippy so readjusting takes a little more effort. And because it's just plastic, it isn't as breathable as you think being mesh and all. This is only a problem if you're bare skin on it. If you wear anything, it's fine.
3) the arm rests are solid and don't wiggle (as far as I remember). No complaints.
4) the rollers are great. No complaints.
5) the tilt goes pretty far back. Also pretty comfy when fully back (but the head rest gets in the way when you stretch back).
6) lumbar support is fine. No complaints

Overall, still a decent chair in the <$200 range. I think IKEA is the only other one that has an office chair that's good in this price range.
Hmmm, in the summer I'm often shirtless and in shorts (no AC). Good idea to try it in a store like that? Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1585 posts
225 upvotes
ipse wrote: For those who own it for > few months...how's the seat holding up and isn't it a little bit small (based on reviews I was let to believe it digs into the back leg).
I don't want to sound negative, but you really should try sitting and inspecting one, in person. I ordered one for my son a few months back and returned it after assembly. What put me off was the way it was put together, I don't think it will be one to last more than a couple of years. It was cheap but to me, not a bargain, even at this price point. For reference, I am sitting on a 18 yo Aeron, I paid 6x this chair, I believe my mesh will last at least a decade more. I ended up getting a Ikea Markus chair with a 10 yr warranty for around the same price.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2686 posts
923 upvotes
Da boot
ipse wrote: For those who own it for > few months...how's the seat holding up and isn't it a little bit small (based on reviews I was let to believe it digs into the back leg).
The arm rests are certainly SOLID as in they are ROCK hard, what I did is I cut an old gel wrist rest I had lying around in 2 and put each piece on an arm rest, held in place with a black sock, looks kinda silly but works great. The rest of the chair is pretty ok, the stupid head rest doesn't stay in the place you put it, but I've noticed my posture improve dramatically from using this chair, I previously had one of those old "leather" manager chairs from staples.

If you're getting it get something to improve the arm rests, I was getting serious elbow pain from resting them(occasionally) on it.