• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2021 1:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1767 posts
3296 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Luxura Racing Chair - Red or Blue - $99

Cheap gaming chair for half price. $99 decent deal for those who need a cheap affordable chair.
$52 25GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Telus EPP Plan - Includes Apple Watch LTE @ NO CHARGE!
BYE BYE ROGERS!
$21.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
Fongo. Free CAD Calling.
Thread Summary
Not sure what to look for? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best gaming chairs!
12 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11383 posts
2002 upvotes
Guelph
Any staple codes floating around? Saw the email signup for $10 off $100. Gotta add an item though to go past $100.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 70-0-0 and counting.
Aug 26, 2005
381 posts
762 upvotes
Toronto
It states 7 years warranty - anyone know if the warranty is through staples or manufacture?

$100 for a chair with 7 years warranty is not bad at all…
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5183 posts
3648 upvotes
Vancouver
4gen_accord wrote: It states 7 years warranty - anyone know if the warranty is through staples or manufacture?

Might want to read some of the reviews…

Lots of people complain about it months or a couple years into purchase. A quick scan of the positive reviews seem rather generic or first impressions while lots of the negative reviews (some with photos) suggest issues within warranty period (including some asking how to claim warranty).

Definitely some red flags from the reviews. Again note I only did a quick scan, didn’t read all the reviews but anyone interested might want to take a quick look and make your own judgement before purchase.
Jul 2, 2016
735 posts
1841 upvotes
4gen_accord wrote: It states 7 years warranty - anyone know if the warranty is through staples or manufacture?

Paigne wrote: Might want to read some of the reviews…

Lots of people complain about it months or a couple years into purchase. A quick scan of the positive reviews seem rather generic or first impressions while lots of the negative reviews (some with photos) suggest issues within warranty period (including some asking how to claim warranty).

Definitely some red flags from the reviews. Again note I only did a quick scan, didn’t read all the reviews but anyone interested might want to take a quick look and make your own judgement before purchase.
Looks like the 7 year warranty is through Staples. See screenshot attached.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5183 posts
3648 upvotes
Vancouver
George1616 wrote: Looks like the 7 year warranty is through Staples. See screenshot attached.
I saw staples answering the questions there but one key thing is “is this helpful” part of the answer. None of them seem to have any “yes” feedback so there really isn’t a lot of feedback on staples warranty itself (beside the fact they did answer questions in the chair… and there were multiple questions about warranty so that is concerning since it suggest a lot of people do have various issues with the chair).
Jul 1, 2020
161 posts
338 upvotes
I find the biggest problem with these types of chairs is that the 'leather' starts to crack, tear and disintegrate within a year or sooner. The 7 year warranty mentions that it covers "defects in upholstery and all other parts" but also states "this warranty does not apply to normal wear" so I'm not sure if this sort of thing would be covered as a 'defect'. The chair is not that fantastic overall but would be decent if this was covered.
CHAIR warranty.png

regarding tears, one person claimed that the replacement warranty was not honored beyond 1 month (not sure if they had the 7 year warranty offer at this time) while others claimed they got their torn seats replaced after months of use, see images:
warranty 1.png

warranty 2.png

warranty 3.png
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2940 posts
1256 upvotes
Is this better than a Staples Hyken chair? How long does the sale last?

Is this better than the Ikea chair that was on sale?

I'm looking for a replacement to my Hyken chair, it's been kind of bad overall for years.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16685 posts
5168 upvotes
Markham
squall458 wrote: Any staple codes floating around? Saw the email signup for $10 off $100. Gotta add an item though to go past $100.
staples-staples-coupons-megathread-3890 ... #p35052326

try 84601 for 10$ off 50$
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1333 posts
1153 upvotes
ph00p wrote: Is this better than a Staples Hyken chair? How long does the sale last?

Is this better than the Ikea chair that was on sale?

I'm looking for a replacement to my Hyken chair, it's been kind of bad overall for years.
I think you'd be disappointed, these things are the bottom of the barrel quality-wise. At least it's only $100, there are similar chairs marked up hundreds of dollars..
Oct 16, 2013
6 posts
AJAX
Would appreciate a PM of the 15% or 20% code if anyone can share. Thanks!
Dec 30, 2012
464 posts
954 upvotes
SURREY
it made out of faux leather/PU leather, very similar to bonded leather and it can easily puncture and crack over time. Not as durable as real leather. I would avoid these chairs to save you time and grief despite the appealing price tag.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)