• Nov 1st, 2021 8:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6294 posts
4859 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Mesh Task Chair - Black $99.99 after $100 OFF

https://www.staples.ca/products/394403- ... hair-black

The well reviewed (4.4* on 586 reviews at the time of writing this) mesh task chair is at 50% rebate, $99.99 instead of $199.99

Product Details
Make long hours at your desk more manageable with this Staples Mesh Task Chair. The chair combines impressive comfort and support to give you a relaxing sitting experience. Its mesh back offers breathability and the padded seat ensures cushioned comfort. Lumbar support helps to prevent lower back strain, and tilt and height adjustments make it possible to set up your chair just the way you like. The sturdy five-star base has casters so you can move around your workspace with ease and get to tasks efficiently.

Mesh back for breathability
Padded seat cushion for all-day comfort
Built-in lumbar support helps relieve lower-back strain and fatigue
Customize your seating position using the pneumatic lift with lock-out and adjustable tilt tension
Height adjustable arms for added comfort
Capacity: 250 lbs (based on an 8-hour work day)
Assembly required
Seat Dimensions: 19.5"W x 20"D x 17.75"H
Overall Dimensions: 27.75"W x 25"D x 35.25 - 39"H
1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Thread Summary
Shopping around for more options? RFD Reviews has a list of the best office chairs!
96 replies
Oct 10, 2016
143 posts
107 upvotes
The chair seems to be the same as the one in costco and is the same price as well. I have the chair and my only complaint is the armrest being adjustable without locking mechanism. So there are a lot of time i accidentally move the armrest.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
7709 posts
12971 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a similar chair from Staples many years ago and the "mesh" cut within a few months. Also, mesh offers very little back support. The reason they make these is because it's cheaper to produce than a regular chair back support.
Last edited by Temporel on Oct 21st, 2021 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 8, 2010
292 posts
199 upvotes
Quebec
simonasimona wrote: The chair seems to be the same as the one in costco and is the same price as well. I have the chair and my only complaint is the armrest being adjustable without locking mechanism. So there are a lot of time i accidentally move the armrest.
I have this chair from a few years back. Although, my left armrest is slightlyyyyyy lower than the right one (maybe 1 cm). Have you ever noticed that on yours?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1444 posts
904 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Yes, lumbar back support is lacking. I bought it for 50$ and still not satisfied.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21753 posts
26308 upvotes
All the chairs posted so far disappoint.

I need mesh back and mesh seat.

Hyken or Costco equivalent.

Plus gel seat cushion.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6294 posts
4859 upvotes
Temporel wrote: I bought a similar chair from Staples many years ago and the "mesh" cut within a few months. Also, mesh offers very little back support. The reason they make these is because it's cheaper to produce than a regular chair back support.
Same chair? From the item's description Built-in lumbar support helps relieve lower-back strain and fatigue
Jan 14, 2007
999 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
is there a coupon code that we can use for this chair?
rajojomanik
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5576 posts
5771 upvotes
Vancouver
I have an earlier version with a fabric-covered seat. I like it. The mesh back has been comfortable and durable, but one of the vinyl armrests cracked and it's impossible to repair.
Nov 19, 2020
74 posts
176 upvotes
I've owned the mesh chair the OP posted for about a year now. If you're working from home full time I would invest in a higher end model. For more occasional use though I would absolutely recommend it, especially at the $100 sale price.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2900 posts
1214 upvotes
Is this better than the awful and overhyped Hyken chair?

If armrests suck on a chair like on the Hyken, this is the "hack" buy a gel keyboard typing pad cut it in two, get 2 black socks, lay either half on either arm rest, put the sock on it, it'll stay in place and fixes the awful arm rests.