Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Montessa II Luxura Managers Chair, Black $67.46

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2022 5:46 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Montessa II Luxura Managers Chair, Black $67.46

https://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Monte ... CA_1_20001

Staples Montessa II Managers Chair (50% off) (Check out this thread for possible coupon codes: staples-coupons-megathread-389024/)

Tackle the work ahead in style and comfort with the Staples Montessa II Luxura Managers Chair, which features fixed lumbar support and arm rests with soft padding and luxurious upholstery that feels like leather.

Black Luxura upholstery looks and feels like real leather
Pneumatic seat height adjustment for easy changes
Adjustable tilt tension and tilt lock for complete customization
Fixed lumbar support and fixed padded arms for added comfort
5-star nylon base with carpet casters for easy maneuverability
Overall dimensions: 34-3/10 - 38-1/5"H x 26-1/2"W x 28-1/10"D
Seat dimensions: 18-4/5 - 20-1/10"H x 18"W x 21-2/5"D
Back dimensions: 17-3/10"H x 19-1/2"D
Weight capacity: up to 250 pounds based on up to 3 hours of continual use within a 24-hour period
Full assembly required
Meets or exceeds all ANSI/BIFMA standards
1-year manufacturer's warranty (details with product)

Each Staples Montessa II Luxura managers chair provides ample support and soft cushioning that makes it easier to focus on tasks at work. The soft and supple Luxura upholstery feels great against skin, and multiple adjustments let workers change the chair's settings to match individual needs.

Rolling Design

The office chair features a sturdy five-star base with carpet casters that let users roll it between desks in the office or filing cabinets and meeting rooms with equal ease. The rolling design simplifies movement on many different surfaces, and the durable base and sturdy construction allow for a maximum weight capacity of up to 250 pounds, letting users of many different sizes enjoy the plush comfort of the chair.

Enhanced Ergonomics

Ample support and multiple adjustment options deliver enhanced ergonomics that help reduce strain and fatigue during long days at the office. Users can adjust the tilt tension to meet their needs and lock the setting into place, and pneumatic height adjustment helps ensure the perfect elevation for working with keyboards or traditional writing and drafting surfaces.

Luxura Upholstery

The high-quality chair features durable and sleek Luxura upholstery, which mimics the look and feel of traditional leather surfaces. The upholstery provides a supple and smooth feel against the skin for added comfort and resists stains and dust for lasting durability.

15 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2587 posts
703 upvotes
Stay away from Staples branded chairs such as this one, the shiny portion of the bonded leather will peel off.
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
Anyone have this? I've got 2 staples chairs that have the worst seat cushions. I'm 180 and the things barely lasted 6 months, although they did replace them for free under warranty they were not worth the hassle.
Jul 18, 2014
812 posts
1881 upvotes
Tillsonburg ON
ciao wrote: Stay away from Staples branded chairs such as this one, the shiny portion of the bonded leather will peel off.
it not bonded leather its fake leather
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2757 posts
1630 upvotes
Ontario
pman113 wrote: it not bonded leather its fake leather
Bonded leather may have tiny pieces of leather in it, it is fake leather as far as I am concerned.
Currently happy customer with Koodo, Roger and Virgin Mobile.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1477 posts
1139 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This chair or some similar looking one is going for $11.50 on clearance in the USA as seen on Slickdeals. They must be getting rid of this model. But its original price was grossly overinflated; it is debatable as to the value of the chair at this sale price!
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
Almost all chairs at staples are garbage.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26013 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
^^ Except for the ever-popular Hyken Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1368 posts
457 upvotes
Dont buy, my last chair from staples fell apart in less than a year....
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2095 posts
1083 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Currently sitting in a staples chair... Would not buy again. The cushion portion does not last. I basically need to put on a separate cushion top now. Lasted 1 year.
Jun 6, 2011
261 posts
372 upvotes
Victoria, BC
This is what drive me crazy about Staples brand chairs: "Weight capacity: up to 250 pounds based on up to 3 hours of continual use within a 24-hour period".

They claim that it's for office use, but who works 3 hours a day?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
joeyjones6 wrote: This is what drive me crazy about Staples brand chairs: "Weight capacity: up to 250 pounds based on up to 3 hours of continual use within a 24-hour period".

They claim that it's for office use, but who works 3 hours a day?
Government workers? j/k

Perhaps they mean without getting up once? I don't think I could sit down for 180 minutes straight without getting up and stretching, eating or needing to use the can. But the confusing thing is 'within a 24-hour period'. Wuh?

I bought one of those Hyken mesh type chairs and gave it away because it would imprint the mesh into my legs and butt and it would hurt. Been using this Montessa II for the last 3 months at the work office and have no complaints. I'm about to buy another one for use at home. I wonder if I did take a chair in for warranty, whether they'd ask my weight...

Previous chair came from Costco and didn't make it 9 months. So I'm going the route of cheap chairs+replacement warranties. I was given a $350 chair like a decade ago from a friend that is still working well, but I don't find it comfortable for a day of work.

In April, it was $74.95+$12.99 1 year replacement. Today, it's $67.46+$6.99 1 year replacement. So jumping on that to go with my new riser desk from PrimeCables+Ikea.

Thanks OP!
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
You're getting what you're paying for. I've thrown out a lot of cheap Staples chairs over the years when they pretty much gave them away after rebates in the US.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
Why did I read it "Massage" chair.!? lol
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
pman113 wrote: it not bonded leather its fake leather
Bonded leather is also fake leather. But you're right if you mean to say that this chair doesn't claim to be bonded leather, just fake leather.
Headbeancounter wrote: Bonded leather may have tiny pieces of leather in it, it is fake leather as far as I am concerned.
Yup. When real leather is processed they scrape some of the fibrous material off the back to make it more supple. "Bonded leather" is made by sticking some of those scrap fibres onto the backing of a sheet of polyurethane, for no other purpose than to be able to call it "bonded leather" - an intentionally deceptive marketing scheme, and a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Disposable chairs aren't a good purchase. And landfill space is not infinite.
Mar 3, 2009
12 posts
We have two of these. Bought them in 2013 and they are still very good. Obviously by now they have peeled a bit but they are absolutely functional and holding up. One of the two users is 290lbs and sits on it most of the day and for meals.

Originally $120 but we bought for $60.

Quite shocked at the regular price now, $220 down to $175 but knowing we've had nearly ten years of use, compared to prices of others it may still be worth it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)