Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Staples Plastic Filing Boxes, clear or blue $10

  • Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2020 5:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1158 posts
652 upvotes
Prince Edward County…

[Staples] Staples Plastic Filing Boxes, clear or blue $10

There are two types of plastic "hanging file" boxes with lids on sale for $10 til Tuesday. Regular $22.

These clear ones are only available for pick-up: https://www.staples.ca/products/219706- ... -box-clear

And these blue ones are only availalbe for delivery: https://www.staples.ca/products/834361- ... x-blue-34l

Covid lockdown= get organized! Ha ha.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 15th, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
17 replies
Member
May 7, 2015
481 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Much larger type a storage containers available at canadian tire for cheaper
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 5, 2012
666 posts
364 upvotes
Canada
+1 for Really Useful Box 31L Filing Box, Clear
Best quality and cannot beat that price.
Newbie
Nov 12, 2014
27 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
moeymoeymoeymoe wrote: Much larger type a storage containers available at canadian tire for cheaper
Please post a link. How does the quality compare?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1158 posts
652 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Folks, OP here, those other ones you posted are great, general purpose storage boxes. The ones I posted are specifically FILE BOXES. They are able to hold hanging files, legal size length-wise and letter-size width-wise.

These plastic "file boxes" on sale for $10 could be used as general storage boxes as well, but you're totally right that bigger ones are available at this price point.
Last edited by MooseOnLoose on May 15th, 2020 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1013 posts
1283 upvotes
Arkham
Just bought the box with free shipping, thanks OP!

Rakuten 1% too :)
Sr. Member
Apr 7, 2009
575 posts
356 upvotes
toronto
They both fit files even though they're different dimensions?
MooseOnLoose wrote: There are two types of plastic "hanging file" boxes with lids on sale for $10 til Tuesday. Regular $22.

These clear ones are only available for pick-up: https://www.staples.ca/products/219706- ... -box-clear

And these blue ones are only availalbe for delivery: https://www.staples.ca/products/834361- ... x-blue-34l

Covid lockdown= get organized! Ha ha.
Member
Jan 4, 2014
442 posts
565 upvotes
Paris
MooseOnLoose wrote: Folks, OP here, those other ones you posted are great, general purpose storage boxes. The ones I posted are specifically FILE BOXES. They are able to hold hanging files, legal size length-wise and letter-size width-wise.
Agreed. Those are great for filing papers/hanging files. Good find
Newbie
Feb 5, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Just picked up a couple from my local Staples. They are listed in store for $21.49 but will price match the website.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 20, 2003
772 posts
107 upvotes
Got 3 blue one last time from Staples same price. Quality is better than i thought . Small note, if you plan to stack them up, no more than 3 (or 2 if fully loaded), the clear cover will not withstand the weight. Alternatively, put wood or something in between so the load is distribute the the edge (not the the center of the cover), then you can stack a lot more.
Friendly reminder: Signature will be removed for rule violations: font size, colour, and personal sales
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2857 posts
1554 upvotes
ButtermanJr wrote:
Not that guy, but I bought these a while back for this same sale price and they are great quality.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp
ASJ113 wrote:
Thanks!
As the OP mentioned, those are a different style of boxes.

With that said, if you are looking for large heavy duty 102L totes, Costco sells (almost) identical ones for $9.99 and Home Depot sells (almost) identical ones that come on sale for $11.79 periodically.

Unfortunately, the lids (and/or bases) are slightly different between HD, Costco, and CT ones so you can't stack competing brands :(
Newbie
Nov 12, 2014
27 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
RubberCheese wrote: As the OP mentioned, those are a different style of boxes.

With that said, if you are looking for large heavy duty 102L totes, Costco sells (almost) identical ones for $9.99 and Home Depot sells (almost) identical ones that come on sale for $11.79 periodically.

Unfortunately, the lids (and/or bases) are slightly different between HD, Costco, and CT ones so you can't stack competing brands :(

Thanks for tips. I'm moving in two weeks, so happy to find storage options for both files and larger items. Hopefully i'll stay organized in the new place.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1158 posts
652 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
ngleu wrote: They both fit files even though they're different dimensions?
Yes, both types do claim to fit both letter and legal size folders. There are reviews on each product on the site, you may find more detail there.

Top