Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Westcliffe Bonded Leather Managers Chair

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2018 4:53 pm
[OP]
May 31, 2018
13 posts
19 upvotes
ottawa

[Staples] Staples Westcliffe Bonded Leather Managers Chair

Out of all the computer chairs I've had thru the years, this one by far is the most comfy. If you need a chair, goto the store and give this a try. 50% off is killer and delivery might be free I think.
18 replies
Mar 11, 2018
130 posts
127 upvotes
Great deal overall!

Caveat emptor - The chair is not really "ergonomic". So if you plan to sit for long (any time over 1hour at a stretch for example.. say working on your laptop) it can result in back aches.

I used this chair for couple of days, and had really bad lower back pains. Enough for me to disassemble ans return in store today - and login to RFD and make this post.

Cheers.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2044 posts
178 upvotes
York Region
Don't waste your money on Bonded Leather chair it will last about four years.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1298 posts
528 upvotes
Hamilton
Exactly bonded leather will crack and peel in no time, you pay 3x the price for real leather but it will last many years.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2044 posts
178 upvotes
York Region
traktion wrote: Exactly bonded leather will crack and peel in no time, you pay 3x the price for real leather but it will last many years.
This is what happens to my chair. What a waste of money.
The government should ban this kind of chair from coming into Canada. Every year there must be tens of thousands of these bonded leather chairs going to the landfill.
What a waste !!!
Feb 26, 2003
608 posts
54 upvotes
tsatsa wrote: This is what happens to my chair. What a waste of money.
The government should ban this kind of chair from coming into Canada. Every year there must be tens of thousands of these bonded leather chairs going to the landfill.
What a waste !!!
Mine too. The oil from your skin attacks the surface and causes the "leather" to peel off the backing. The arms go first and if you wear shorts the front of the seating area also cracks and peels. The "leather" is thinner than a piece of paper.
Aug 10, 2013
483 posts
224 upvotes
Mississauga
traktion wrote: Exactly bonded leather will crack and peel in no time, you pay 3x the price for real leather but it will last many years.
True!
I had the same experience. That's why I stay away from Bonded leather.
Jan 24, 2013
72 posts
24 upvotes
EDMONTON
I've gone through a number of bonded chairs. Where does one find real leather ones?
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10159 posts
993 upvotes
Toronto
thetall1 wrote: I've gone through a number of bonded chairs. Where does one find real leather ones?
$1000 PRICE RANGE.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3614 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
im not a manager - can I still use this chair ?
Sep 23, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
I bought this chair... great price when on sale reviews on site favor it big time... its probably the best chair in the store for the price can attest to this. Setras executive Hensley offering came close but was 200 more

great for relaxing/chillin out with feat up. However yea sitting long periods for office work I wouldn't recommend. has pads to support legs but lacking padding on the ass part.

adjustment options are limited, lumbar support is limited. the height ajuster starts lower then usual and doesn't go up as high- tall desk users take note.

bought the warranty though only good for a year...
so will see where it takes us! I'd give it a 4/5 so far, lets see how long this'll last

also note when I was in the store a lot of people seemed to be going after this one
https://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Hyken ... CA_1_20001

as well as the westcliffe model
Penalty Box
Feb 24, 2018
24796 posts
32531 upvotes
SuperTac wrote: also note when I was in the store a lot of people seemed to be going after this one
https://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Hyken ... CA_1_20001

as well as the westcliffe model
The Hyken is the gold standard for a good value Staples chair. As I said in the other thread, I bought 4 Hykens, 3 of which reside in the business.

I don't do bonded leather because of the short life, so the chair you mention is ruled out.

God bless.
Sep 23, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
redflagdealsguy wrote: The Hyken is the gold standard for a good value Staples chair. As I said in the other thread, I bought 4 Hykens, 3 of which reside in the business.

I don't do bonded leather because of the short life, so the chair you mention is ruled out.

God bless.
for sure! I can see why its so popular for staples- great price to value ratio.

too bad the head rest sucks for tall people. I've heard ikeas offering is better for taller guys.

I like the look and feel of this westcliffe- I'll run it out and see how it works! I don't even use it all time
Dec 4, 2009
25 posts
3 upvotes
BC, Canada
Just went at sat in every chair in the store, this was the most comfortable. I also liked the Staples "osgood" but this one was better. I tried the Hyken after reading people on here raving about it and it was awful. Probably because I'm 6'3", but the headrest is to low and digs into my shoulder blades. No way i could sit in that thing for more than a minute.

Pretty disappointed to only be seeing this deal now as its over and I still like this chair.