Expired Hot Deals

Staples

Staples Teacher Appreciation Days (Aug 9, 16, 23, 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2012 12:57 pm
[OP]
Feb 28, 2008
174 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Staples Teacher Appreciation Days (Aug 9, 16, 23, 30)

[IMG]http://f.e.staples.ca/i/20/2068432504/2 ... 1_e_01.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://f.e.staples.ca/i/20/2068432504/2 ... 1_e_02.jpg[/IMG]

As always, teachers need to show their ID (I've used my ETFO card, OCT card, and they're both accepted) to get the discount. I believe discounts are excluded on computers, tablets, e-readers. I received a letter in the mail from Staples with an extra 15% coupon to use during August 9-30.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1493 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
MasterAvatar wrote: Any idea what the free gift might be?
In the past it's been a staples reusable bag with some stickers and an EASY button inside.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4296 posts
1683 upvotes
So is there any good deals on HDDs?

This 15% can be applied on clearance items also right?
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2339 posts
1044 upvotes
Anyone work at Staples and know the coupon code? eg. like the customer appreciation 10% being 53323
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1508 posts
363 upvotes
Well i'd like my girls to come with an EASY button, instead of my reusable bags. But this will have to do
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1940 posts
354 upvotes
Winterpeg
Cant get a teaching job.
But i have my license id as a teacher

Would that be accepted?
Mar 11, 2006
441 posts
30 upvotes
caveat_emptor wrote: Cant get a teaching job.

Would that be accepted?
I'm sure that would be acceptable.

In Ontario, you just need to show your Ontario College of Teachers card.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1493 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Are we sure this won't work on Computer or Tablets? I'd love to get a MacBook Air or iPad 3 with this - but I can't find the fine print anywhere...
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
caveat_emptor wrote: Cant get a teaching job.

Would that be accepted?

show them your MTS card. they aren't going to waste their time calling references to make sure you're actually employed anywhere.
Sep 15, 2008
7 posts
Ottawa, Ontario
I shopped today and got my gift bag. It consisted mostly of coupons (eg. 5$ at Boston Pizza) and samples (eg. Post-It stickies, crayons and a sheet of monkey stickers). The biggest goody for me was a Staedtler Wopex pencil.

The 15% discount applied to everything I purchased today (basic school supplies, obviously no electronics). The discount was applied to items on sale or otherwise discounted. It was also applied to an order that I placed for Oliver's Labels at the copy center.

I showed my college faculty ID for the discount.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14580 posts
4513 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Nettie B wrote: I shopped today and got my gift bag. It consisted mostly of coupons (eg. 5$ at Boston Pizza) and samples (eg. Post-It stickies, crayons and a sheet of monkey stickers). The biggest goody for me was a Staedtler Wopex pencil.

The 15% discount applied to everything I purchased today (basic school supplies, obviously no electronics). The discount was applied to items on sale or otherwise discounted. It was also applied to an order that I placed for Oliver's Labels at the copy center.

I showed my college faculty ID for the discount.
So no 15% discount on iPads? :cry:
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2717 posts
1106 upvotes
Gta
So I work for the school board as a support staff worker not a teacher, you think they would accept my business card card as an acceptable form of id as a board employee?
Apr 24, 2012
329 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
anyone planning go to the staples at steel and yonge? can i go with u? please pm. thanks
Jan 12, 2003
176 posts
4 upvotes
Applies to everything except tablets, computers, laptops....didnt stop me from buying Apple accesories which I got 15% off on.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
Fife wrote: Applies to everything except tablets, computers, laptops....didnt stop me from buying Apple accesories which I got 15% off on.
i'm guessing it's a deal with the provincial association, but i'm pretty sure in manitoba we get a discount on apple products and accessories all the time. it's basically equal to the 'education discount' you get online, but we can get it through participating stores as well.

i do believe you need to actually be employed for those and other discounts though. they send out a different card for that every year. there's actually a lot of discounts available. none are really spectacular, basically amounts to being able to get stuff at normal sale prices anytime. still better to wait for that crazy deal imo
Nov 18, 2006
380 posts
27 upvotes
kilobomb wrote: heres the site to buy Apple products for teachers:
http://canadaedu.apple.com/routing/index.php?lang=eng

lots of other Ontario Teacher deals listed on this site, which gets updated regularly throughout the year:
http://oct.ca/discounts.aspx

my favorite is the Telus deal, which doesn't require ID ;)
If you're in Ontario the Bell OSSTF discount for a corporate package via. Baka wireless (a Bell resaler) is pretty good. Aside from raping you on the texting package, I have a cellphone bill of $21/mo. AFTER tax for:

* 200 local anytime minutes
* Unlimited weekend and weeknight calling (6 p.m. - 8 a.m.)
* Message centre (voicemail), call display, call forwarding, call waiting, conference calling and detailed billing

Data is...well...data. I have yet to find any provider in Canada where you can get anything for <$25/mo.

iirc I never had to show them credentials (say you work for the TDSB if they ask I guess....)
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1081 posts
736 upvotes
Ottawa
8 years ago I bought a laptop on Teacher Appreciation Day. I had just been hired for my first teaching job. At some point they deemed computers ineligible for the promotion, unfortunately.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)