Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Mar 9, 2017
97 posts
81 upvotes
Surrey
I enrolled in April too. Finally got the welcome kit. Rep extended my free plan to one extra month.
Jan 14, 2010
431 posts
642 upvotes
GTA
I am in the market for one of these cheap printers and if anyone that bought one recently and willing to sell at cost, let me know and i can pick it up.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Question - bought one of these printers last year in Feb - Officejet 8720 and there's a sticker for HP Instant Ink that says save up to 50% and 3 months free trial. The sticker is on the printer. How do we enroll and sign up? No promo code is listed or provided. Need ink. Thx
Blanka
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
looks like my 10 rollover pages are now gone on the free plan

EDIT:

i tried to print some documents and the inks are dried up again, forgot to do the weekly cleaning last week.

i tried to clean it but the print outs are still garbage, so i decided to use the first shipment of inks. it works OK after that. i also noticed that the cleaning i did counted towards my free allocation. i chatted HP support to confirm and the lady gave me 15free pages credit!

thanks OP and thanks HP!
Last edited by ryanrudolf on May 22nd, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Question - bought one of these printers last year in Feb - Officejet 8720 and there's a sticker for HP Instant Ink that says save up to 50% and 3 months free trial. The sticker is on the printer. How do we enroll and sign up? No promo code is listed or provided. Need ink. Thx
Probably that's just quoting the trials offered by hp at the time. In April they were offering 4 months trial but I don't think that's there anymore. You can still get 1 month free with a referral, but that's it right now.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
Got tired of the HP printer nonsense (ink so expensive and right now can't get any refills done at Costco since Photo Centres have been closed) and I need to print more than 15 pp/month. Took a look at Brother.ca site for any refurb deals as mentioned on RFD before. Got this one for $124.85 all in (sign up on their page for a 15% discount on your first order) + extra 6 months "brother care":

DCP-L2550DW B&W print/scan/copy
Mine had 5 pages on the counter.
A bit noisy but it has a "Quiet mode" . Testing it out over the weekend ...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Best Buy has *a* Inkjet printer on sale that comes with 8 free months of the 100 pages/month plan but it's $200 lmao

E: Staples has the same one for the same price but it's Staples-coloured while Best Buy's is Best Buy-coloured Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
chemicalxv wrote: Best Buy has *a* Inkjet printer on sale that comes with 8 free months of the 100 pages/month plan but it's $200 lmao

E: Staples has the same one for the same price but it's Staples-coloured while Best Buy's is Best Buy-coloured Face With Tears Of Joy
They probably don’t deserve links !

If anyone is curious

HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer $199.99
Includes 8 months of ink delivered with HP Instant Ink.
Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/hp ... y/13507869

Staples

https://www.staples.ca/products/2943376 ... -4kj65aa2l

Hp

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/ ... 2L&sel=PRN

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/ ... 2L&sel=PRN
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I figured linking them was pointless because I don't think anyone interested in this thread would be interested in a $200 printer lol. Like I couldn't even tell you what makes it better than a $90 one outside of like, duplex printing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
Off topic a bit.
I for a Envy photo 7855 since Dec 2019 with super good deal. I still using Instead Ink promo until mid June. My issue with this printer is the photo paper loading tray is a complete garage, it doesnt work 80%-90% of the time. Anyone have same issue?

For photo printing, is Evny Photo their best home use printer?

I actually wish they make just printer, not Multi Function to keep the cost down, since I have laser multifunction already.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: Off topic a bit.
I for a Envy photo 7855 since Dec 2019 with super good deal. I still using Instead Ink promo until mid June. My issue with this printer is the photo paper loading tray is a complete garage, it doesnt work 80%-90% of the time. Anyone have same issue?

For photo printing, is Evny Photo their best home use printer?

I actually wish they make just printer, not Multi Function to keep the cost down, since I have laser multifunction already.
I got that printer too! How much you got it for? I think i got mine for like 140cad all in when it was on promo. Haven't tried the photo tray yet, and the inks that came with the printer i just replaced them few days ago. Overall satisfied with the printer.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
ryanrudolf wrote: I got that printer too! How much you got it for? I think i got mine for like 140cad all in when it was on promo. Haven't tried the photo tray yet, and the inks that came with the printer i just replaced them few days ago. Overall satisfied with the printer.
I paid less then $100 tax in. Super good deal at the time. 4months of 300 page each month and 2 month of 100 page per month. Although I didn't use that much.

Overall my issue is photo tray, the main tray work just fine.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Oct 17, 2004
839 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
krypt0nite wrote: As of today, HP is offering 4 months free for new instant ink sign-ups for HP instant ink eligible printers.

Steps:
Choose your plan. 300 pages is max.
After entering payment info
Enter the promo codes:
EASYWAYTOPRINT for 2 months free trial
Enter a referral code for 1 month free trial.
For signing up now. 4 months free trial

In total = 7 months free trial up to 300 pages a month.

*fixed link
Bought Officejet 3836 from Walmart for $49.99

Black ink died, found a guy to refill for $10.
Worked for a week then stopped and HP support has been useless except to say replace the ink so I signed up for this deal

Was able to get 5 months free but not 7

2 months FREE trial (up to 300 pages)
2 promotional months
1 Refer-a-Friend promotional month

Anyone know how long it takes to get first set of cartridges, paying to print at UPS store was a big ripoff!
I'm too poor to buy crap
Apr 12, 2017
86 posts
97 upvotes
mk316 wrote: Bought Officejet 3836 from Walmart for $49.99

Black ink died, found a guy to refill for $10.
Worked for a week then stopped and HP support has been useless except to say replace the ink so I signed up for this deal

Was able to get 5 months free but not 7

2 months FREE trial (up to 300 pages)
2 promotional months
1 Refer-a-Friend promotional month

Anyone know how long it takes to get first set of cartridges, paying to print at UPS store was a big ripoff!
Try putting a piece of clear tape over the contacts on the side, then try printing. Had two cartridges that were "dead" after sitting a coupe months and then it revived them.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: I paid less then $100 tax in. Super good deal at the time. 4months of 300 page each month and 2 month of 100 page per month. Although I didn't use that much.

Overall my issue is photo tray, the main tray work just fine.
Had to check my bill again as i cant believe you got yours for less than 100$......and yep i got it way back Dec2019 for 62.xx tax all in!

The 140cad was for a different item RFD effect LOL
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
8010 posts
4748 upvotes
Montreal
mk316 wrote: Anyone know how long it takes to get first set of cartridges, paying to print at UPS store was a big ripoff!
Contact them by live chat to make it faster.
Took me around 8 business days in early May.

I received today May 27 a shipment notice of black ink (in advance) and it will arrive June 10.
VirginPlus / Stickermule / HP Instant Ink
Oct 17, 2004
839 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
cashinstinct wrote: Contact them by live chat to make it faster.

I received today May 27 a shipment notice of black ink (in advance) and it will arrive June 10.
Tried that yesterday and then called them. They said they are shipping a second set of cartridges, hopefully something shows up this week.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
mangoman wrote: Got tired of the HP printer nonsense (ink so expensive and right now can't get any refills done at Costco since Photo Centres have been closed) and I need to print more than 15 pp/month. Took a look at Brother.ca site for any refurb deals as mentioned on RFD before. Got this one for $124.85 all in (sign up on their page for a 15% discount on your first order) + extra 6 months "brother care":

DCP-L2550DW B&W print/scan/copy
Mine had 5 pages on the counter.
A bit noisy but it has a "Quiet mode" . Testing it out over the weekend ...
Completely different experience.. and there are non-free plans for more pages and it will still turn out cheaper than toner and drum purchases on that unit.
chemicalxv wrote: Yeah I figured linking them was pointless because I don't think anyone interested in this thread would be interested in a $200 printer lol. Like I couldn't even tell you what makes it better than a $90 one outside of like, duplex printing.
Huge differences between a $30 printer and that printer. The 8035 is basically the same unit as the OfficeJet Pro 8025, which is itself already a $200 printer. The 8035 will come bundled with a balance of $48 of instant ink credits that can be used on the plan of your choice, basically making it a $152 printer right now.
VS the $30 printer, it will indeed have duplex, but it will have pigment based inks that will have higher quality, deeper blacks, and longer durability. Print speeds will be much higher and more reliable. Better build quality, dual band wifi, capacitive touchscreen UI, etc etc. I could go on.

RFD in general isn't too knowledgeable on printers tho. They still have a 90s-early 2000s mindset on printers. Most comments I see on printer threads are very wrong in today's product landscape. I can be PM'd for personal printer purchase consulting because it always gets toxic in the threads haha
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
If the prices for inkjet printers were still $40 like last year, ok but they're now $80 plus I want them to play nicely with Linux. I can get remanufactured ones for $30 like the remanufactured inkjet ones, can print for way more pages and I don't like being tied down to HP's Ink ecosystem / constant invasive probing /prodding. Print quality is much better for me and I don't have to worry about the ink drying up just because I didn't print for a few weeks. For folks that don't need to print much and don't have kids doing online class needing to print off resources everyday, then Instant Ink can be great.
daviiiiiid wrote: Completely different experience.. and there are non-free plans for more pages and it will still turn out cheaper than toner and drum purchases on that unit.
Nov 24, 2018
274 posts
355 upvotes
cashinstinct wrote: Contact them by live chat to make it faster.

This is getting ridiculous. I received tracking number May 14 and there's been zero movement. Email said it should have arrived yesterday. Contacted Canada Post - hp has not provided cartridge, there's nothing to ship.
Signed up on April 15 and still just sitting here.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)