Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
aasoror wrote: Call/chat with them, low ink levels triggers the shipments on their own, just make sure you check your ink levels on your instant ink subscription page and see it is indeed marked as "low".
Sure, but I wasn't asking for advice, I know the process. Defeats the purpose of an automated supply service. I just wanted to see if anyone else was affected by this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
rebel_rfd wrote: How did you get 300 pages for free for 6 mths?
There was a promotion when I got my printer back in Dec 2019. 4 months 300 page free + 2 months 50pages promotion (So 6 months promo in total)
At the end of that 6 months period, my printer having issue with photo feeding tray, they replace it under warranty.
Somehow when I got the replacement printer, they give me another 2 months of 300 page + 2 months of 50 pages free. so another 4 months
Once those are all finished, I moved down to $0 / 15 page plan.

Now I am on $0 plan, not sure for how long. SO since Dec 16 2019, I haven't have a cents.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
Yeah my cut off date was right before they announced they are keeping free plan and I cancelled..

Now I am wondering what do the people that cancelled can do to get free plan back. I tried chat but the person didn't change my plan back. He claims it will automatically change back to free plan after billing cycle ends? I don't seem to believe that statement.. Even though I am on their 4 months free right now.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
4264 posts
7110 upvotes
LuckyBaybee wrote: I had submitted the cancellation to receive the 4 extra free months. Logged in today to see I got 2 more free "support awarded months". But I did notice the Free Printing tier is no longer showing under My Plan and I'm on the Light Printing Plan. Went to HP Chat Support and the agent confirmed HP made the temporary decision to not cancel the free tier. The agent offered to downgrade me back to the free plan (no charge).
Does your plan show up as free plan now?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2011
2144 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: Yeah my cut off date was right before they announced they are keeping free plan and I cancelled..

Now I am wondering what do the people that cancelled can do to get free plan back. I tried chat but the person didn't change my plan back. He claims it will automatically change back to free plan after billing cycle ends? I don't seem to believe that statement.. Even though I am on their 4 months free right now.
my free printing ends jan 11since my billing date was dec 12-jan 11 so i cancelled on the 10th

good thing i checked this thread...all i did to keep my free plan was to cancel the cancellation in the instantink account

it was showing cancellation in progress and then below, was an option to keep enrolment

i couldnt find any info on this HP reversal except in this thread and this small mention on a website
https://www.action-intell.com/2020/12/1 ... stant-ink/

edit: nvm, looked on reddit and it was posted there and also on consumer reports
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comme ... er_all_no/
https://www.consumerreports.org/printer ... -for-life/

edit2: seems the free plan does not exist for new customers or new printer enrolment to existing account? tried to add another printer and it only shows light 15 pages for $1.25 and no longer free option
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1428 posts
787 upvotes
Edmonton
Really???? My new printer has been sitting at my front door for the past few weeks because I have no need of colour atm so I haven't set it up yet, expecting to pay the 15-page rate when I did. Now you're telling me I should've set up the printer and I could've stayed on the free plan? :-o
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1858 posts
2304 upvotes
Got this email this morning

We previously notified you that the plan for your DeskJet 2655 would be changing, but as a valued customer, you can now continue printing up to 15 pages/month at no charge for the life of your currently enrolled printer1, provided you remain in the 15 pages/month plan.

We understand that printing at home is essential in today’s world, and hope that your HP Instant Ink plan will continue to make life a little easier for you.

Your current plan includes:
Up to 15 pages/month at no charge
Each additional set of 10 pages costs $1
Unused free pages do not roll over
No action is needed to continue with your current plan. If your needs change, you have the option to upgrade2 to any of the plans shown below by logging into your account at hpinstantink.com/signin and clicking Change Plan.

MONTHLY PLANS PLAN FEE EXTRA PAGE SETS UNUSED PAGE ROLLOVER
50 pages $3.99 10 pages for $1.25 Up to 150 pages
100 pages $5.99 10 pages for $1.25 Up to 300 pages
300 pages $13.99 10 pages for $1.25 Up to 900 pages
500 pages $22.99 10 pages for $1.25 Up to 1500 pages
700 pages $28.99 15 pages for $1.25 Up to 2100 pages
1500 pages $57.99 15 pages for $1.25 Up to 4500 pages

Thank you for choosing HP Instant Ink!
1The no-monthly-fee 15-page plan is not available to new customers or transferrable to a new printer, and you will not be able to return to the no-monthly-fee plan if you upgrade or cancel.
2You are responsible for determining the best plan for your printing needs. When upgrading your plan, you can choose for the change to take effect in the current billing cycle or the next billing cycle. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing period. For service details, see HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.
Rollover of unused pages is available for plans with a monthly fee only. Rollover allows unused pages in a month to be placed in a rollover account and then applied to pages in excess of your monthly allowance. The rollover account balance is limited to a maximum of three times your monthly service plan pages (e.g.: Occasional Printing Plan 50 pages = 150 page rollover maximum). If you change plans, the rollover cap of your new plan will apply.
Vacationing
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
cheapshopper wrote: Me too, the email I got said I will get charged $1.5 per month starting Dec 15, but i got a statement yesterday said $0, and my account show Iam on $0 plan, so I am a bit confused.

Very happy with this program so far. I been on free 300 page for 6 months and 50 pages for 4 month, and 15 pages for 3 months.

:)
HP sent me an email confirming my free plan would be for life of the printer. They grandfathered the existing plan for existing customer.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Apr 22, 2004
247 posts
6 upvotes
Saint-Laurent
Damn, cancelled it on Sunday, as my due date was on the 21st. I never got the email or an offer for free months. Does it apply to all printers? Anyone have any luck getting reconnected back?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1172 posts
1626 upvotes
90.00° N, 135.00° W
Thank you for all those who cancelled their plan. HP realized to just continue with the free plan than losing their customers. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
4251 posts
2615 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Yeah, glad they decided to keep the free plan option (almost cancelled a few days ago).
Now my printers can sit idle for free again... especially with all of the recent free printing offers from Walmart Photo! Face With Tears Of Joy
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
6907 posts
5592 upvotes
i got the email this morning too. My billing date was Dec 22. Glad I didn't cancel!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1706 posts
354 upvotes
Got the email as well! Mind you I haven't printed anything since April!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
We previously notified you that the plan for your OfficeJet 3830 would be changing, but as a valued customer, you can now continue printing up to 15 pages/month at no charge for the life of your currently enrolled printer1, provided you remain in the 15 pages/month plan.

We understand that printing at home is essential in today’s world, and hope that your HP Instant Ink plan will continue to make life a little easier for you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
so did they remove the $1.99 tier option ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
How are you guys contacting HP Support?

All I see is the virtual agent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)