Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3687 posts
1498 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Yeah, glad they decided to keep the free plan option (almost cancelled a few days ago).
Now my printers can sit idle for free again... especially with all of the recent free printing offers from Walmart Photo! Face With Tears Of Joy
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5389 posts
3455 upvotes
i got the email this morning too. My billing date was Dec 22. Glad I didn't cancel!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1551 posts
154 upvotes
Got the email as well! Mind you I haven't printed anything since April!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
We previously notified you that the plan for your OfficeJet 3830 would be changing, but as a valued customer, you can now continue printing up to 15 pages/month at no charge for the life of your currently enrolled printer1, provided you remain in the 15 pages/month plan.

We understand that printing at home is essential in today’s world, and hope that your HP Instant Ink plan will continue to make life a little easier for you.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
so did they remove the $1.99 tier option ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
How are you guys contacting HP Support?

All I see is the virtual agent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote: so did they remove the $1.99 tier option ?
$1.25 for new accounts, 15 pages.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote: $1.25 for new accounts, 15 pages.
will rollovers included

that's still a hellava deal... like $15 per year big woop
Apr 25, 2009
157 posts
388 upvotes
master_toto wrote: Damn, cancelled it on Sunday, as my due date was on the 21st. I never got the email or an offer for free months. Does it apply to all printers? Anyone have any luck getting reconnected back?
I had canceled my instant ink plan on 1-Dec. Today, I got the email saying that the free plan was back, so I logged into my instant ink account and there was an option to cancel my cancellation. I did that and my account now says I'm back on the free plan. In summary, if you don't get the email saying that the free plan is back, log into your instant ink account and see what it says.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2783 posts
2371 upvotes
Richmond Hill
All,

Just got the email, free plan will continue as long as I keep this printer.

It sound like new enrollment will no longer have free plan, but people have it before got to keep them.

Really happy with my printer for kids printing photo for fun or color printing for school work.

Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Jun 26, 2019
53 posts
12 upvotes
Does the new enrollments have free plan or not ?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10647 posts
1388 upvotes
Brampton
I cancelled two weeks ago but I still got the email. Great job HP!!!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4070 posts
522 upvotes
T.O.
I changed to the 1.50$ plan two weeks ago. I went on livechat and they re-instated my old free plan. Happy.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Jul 28, 2009
127 posts
128 upvotes
Love RFD, because we have no other real consumer protection in this country so it's the only place where we can discuss and take collective action to influence a company! So glad to hear all those who had signed up on free plan get to keep it. I guess HP realized it was technically a breach of contract to change the terms once a person had signed up for the free plan, and figured it wasn't worth a class action.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1883 posts
620 upvotes
Delete99 wrote: I had canceled my instant ink plan on 1-Dec. Today, I got the email saying that the free plan was back, so I logged into my instant ink account and there was an option to cancel my cancellation. I did that and my account now says I'm back on the free plan. In summary, if you don't get the email saying that the free plan is back, log into your instant ink account and see what it says.
I cancelled 2 days ago. I don't have this option to cancel a cancellation. I didn't receive email yet though. I will wait a bit.
I wonder how many HP printers were refund to Costco because of Instant Ink.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1012 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
story wrote: I cancelled 2 days ago. I don't have this option to cancel a cancellation. I didn't receive email yet though. I will wait a bit.
I wonder how many HP printers were refund to Costco because of Instant Ink.
I cancelled about 2weeks ago and got offered 5 FREE months. And today I also get the email about free 15pages per month for the life of the printer.

But when i check my account it still shows under the light printing plan. Gonna chat in and see what they say.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6974 posts
3294 upvotes
Montreal
kreisleriana wrote: Really???? My new printer has been sitting at my front door for the past few weeks because I have no need of colour atm so I haven't set it up yet, expecting to pay the 15-page rate when I did. Now you're telling me I should've set up the printer and I could've stayed on the free plan? :-o
Contact hp and ask... nothing to lose

But yeah in insight you should have set up the printer...
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1485 posts
441 upvotes
Burlington, ON
ryanrudolf wrote: I cancelled about 2weeks ago and got offered 5 FREE months. And today I also get the email about free 15pages per month for the life of the printer.

But when i check my account it still shows under the light printing plan. Gonna chat in and see what they say.
Post back what they say, I'm in the same boat.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Grasshopper99