Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1485 posts
441 upvotes
Burlington, ON
rebel_rfd wrote: How are you guys contacting HP Support?

All I see is the virtual agent.
In virtual agent type in "live agent"
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Nov 8, 2008
538 posts
621 upvotes
Hey, Christmas came early! (A couple friends I got on this plan also got this email, overnight)

Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3702 posts
963 upvotes
Oh I am hoping I'll get on that plan too...... crossing my fingers!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2783 posts
2371 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Really happy with the Envy photo 7855 I got last year, and even happier I haven't pay a cents on 12 months of ownership.
On my 3rd set of ink already.

Good that I can keep this 15 free page plan, now I hope this printer don't die on me.
:)
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1012 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
flyboy320 wrote: Post back what they say, I'm in the same boat.

Here's what the chat rep mentioned -

Great! Iif you want I can help you to make the change to the 15 pages free plan right now, however since the plan will be for free you will not see the 5 free months promotion available since we will not charge you
Or you can take advantage of the free trial by selecting any other page plan and see which one better fit your needs :)

I asked him to go ahead and change my plan to the free plan.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6627 posts
4697 upvotes
I also received the email. I had wondered if it was because I occasionally go over and have to pay out of pocket for printing.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1625 posts
601 upvotes
Markham
Just throwing this out there.

I got my printer end of nov so I didn't get a choice of using the free plan at all. After seeing the last couple post i decided i'd go on the virtual assistant to see if they would be able to move me into the free plan. 5 min later on the chat, she moved me over to the free plan! :)
Sep 24, 2017
137 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Is this free instant program linked to the printer or the email account of the user? Let’s say if I buy an used printer with instant ink registered, can that be transferred to new person
Sep 24, 2017
137 posts
47 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Do you mean to say that you registered your new printer by end November with $1.25 plan and now talking to live agent, got that changed to free plan
lildevilx wrote: Just throwing this out there.

I got my printer end of nov so I didn't get a choice of using the free plan at all. After seeing the last couple post i decided i'd go on the virtual assistant to see if they would be able to move me into the free plan. 5 min later on the chat, she moved me over to the free plan! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1012 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: Really happy with the Envy photo 7855 I got last year, and even happier I haven't pay a cents on 12 months of ownership.
On my 3rd set of ink already.

Good that I can keep this 15 free page plan, now I hope this printer don't die on me.
:)
me too! i got the 7855 last Dec16. its past its 1yr warrany now so hopefully it doesnt die anytime soon!
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1912 posts
826 upvotes
I got email today that HP is reversing the decision and will keep the free package
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2783 posts
2371 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ryanrudolf wrote: me too! i got the 7855 last Dec16. its past its 1yr warrany now so hopefully it doesnt die anytime soon!

LOL, I got it on the same day. May be it was a one day deal of thing (if I remember correctly). I got mind replaced under warranty in June.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
Tamizhan wrote: Is this free instant program linked to the printer or the email account of the user? Let’s say if I buy an used printer with instant ink registered, can that be transferred to new person
It appears that only the "printer/owner" pair is grandfathered (not your account for other printers or the printer for other accounts), If you transfer ownership the printer will need to be re-enrolled under the new account and the free tier won't be available.
btw, seems that you don't even need the previous owner to "unenroll" the printer from their side, disable/re-enable the webservices on the printer local management web page will force drop it out of the previous owner account.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing- ... -p/6896573
Jan 11, 2020
153 posts
134 upvotes
Fredericton
Ouch, after I saw discontinuation, I didn't bother enrolling in the free program. That being said, I hardly used this printer =/. I might be able to get away with the stock ink before going on their $1.25 tier.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto

Did you grab the 2 free months or more of free printing?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
Chat states they are phasing out the $1.25 plan.
Mar 28, 2011
830 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto

me too, decided to activated another printer i had unopened and did a virtual chat asking where did the free plan go during enrolment and they said it was not offered anymore but that they can help me downgrade any plan to the same ones as my old printer

picked the $3.99 plan and it came with 2 months free printing for up to 300 pages each month, but next billing cycle will downgrade to the free plan.

i dont really print much so even trial months are kind of useless, rather have 15 pages free for life*

*life meaning until they decide to revoke it again
Oct 9, 2011
552 posts
207 upvotes
carsncars wrote: Hey, Christmas came early! (A couple friends I got on this plan also got this email, overnight)

Also got the email. But I actually changed to $1.25 plan a few weeks ago and got offered 4 months free.... so does it mean it will be converted back to actual "FREE" plan automatically or I need to contact customer service?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5461 posts
1549 upvotes
Toronto
rebel_rfd wrote: Chat states they are phasing out the $1.25 plan.
Took 2 years to realize they are losing loads of money on any plan under $3.00/month

High five for being grandfathered in the free tier forever?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Grasshopper99