Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Newbie
Sep 22, 2006
81 posts
15 upvotes
GTA
jjesskaka wrote: Also got the email. But I actually changed to $1.25 plan a few weeks ago and got offered 4 months free.... so does it mean it will be converted back to actual "FREE" plan automatically or I need to contact customer service?
Got the same e-mail as many of us, but I have a question that I thought I knew the answer to, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Let's say this month I go over my plan (free 15/pages per month) and print a total of 21 pages. The email says that I will be charged $1 for each additional set of 10 pages (BTW it says each additional set of 10 pages is $1.25 when I log into My Plan on the InstantInk website NOT $1). By printing anything over 15 pages, does that mean I automatically enrolled myself to the new $1.25 for 15 pages going forward?

Take care
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
monkeywrench96 wrote: Got the same e-mail as many of us, but I have a question that I thought I knew the answer to, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Let's say this month I go over my plan (free 15/pages per month) and print a total of 21 pages. The email says that I will be charged $1 for each additional set of 10 pages (BTW it says each additional set of 10 pages is $1.25 when I log into My Plan on the InstantInk website NOT $1). By printing anything over 15 pages, does that mean I automatically enrolled myself to the new $1.25 for 15 pages going forward?

Take care
Nope, you just pay overage on that cycle but you will remain on the free tier.
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
ez_86 wrote: High five for being grandfathered in the free tier forever?
Forever means 60 days before they decide to take it back.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1012 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
monkeywrench96 wrote: Got the same e-mail as many of us, but I have a question that I thought I knew the answer to, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Let's say this month I go over my plan (free 15/pages per month) and print a total of 21 pages. The email says that I will be charged $1 for each additional set of 10 pages (BTW it says each additional set of 10 pages is $1.25 when I log into My Plan on the InstantInk website NOT $1). By printing anything over 15 pages, does that mean I automatically enrolled myself to the new $1.25 for 15 pages going forward?

Take care

I think the 1$ for 10 pages, thats in USD and its roughly 1.25cad.

Im on the FREE plan too and for this month I had printed 23 pages. I will pay the overage of 1.25cad but still on the FREE plan.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Sr. Member
May 19, 2008
606 posts
211 upvotes
Was on online chat with a couple of HP reps and was able to move my old free plan to my existing one. My old printer was returned to costco and I just started a new plan with the 3830. I am still on the last free month with the new printer. Their chat window freezes after a while which is annoying.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2331 posts
641 upvotes
What if my printer breaks? Can I still buy a new one to replace it and continue the free printing plan?
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
Thrasher wrote: What if my printer breaks? Can I still buy a new one to replace it and continue the free printing plan?
Only if HP replaced it under warranty, if it's a new printer that you bought then you get to select from whatever available at the time of enrollment (or a YMMV chance is a rep kind enough to make an exception for you since apparently, they are "still" able to apply the free plan from their end).
Newbie
Dec 10, 2020
2 posts
9 upvotes
My Instant Ink Journey:

Aug 2020 - Purchased HP 3830 on sale for $40 and signed up for 3 months of trial on 3.99 plan.
October 2020 - Tried to go back to free Tier but i was told the the free plan was no more. Ended up getting 3 months free until Jan 2021
November 2020 - After multiple escalations, i finally spoke to someone in corporate who agreed to give me a free 63XL (retails for $55) cartridge for free so i can exit the program after free months and still use print for next while for free.
December 2020 - Got my HP 63XL delivered, spoke to the agent over chat and got converted to the free tier.
Jr. Member
Jul 28, 2009
127 posts
128 upvotes
NaveenK61482 wrote: My Instant Ink Journey:

Aug 2020 - Purchased HP 3830 on sale for $40 and signed up for 3 months of trial on 3.99 plan.
October 2020 - Tried to go back to free Tier but i was told the the free plan was no more. Ended up getting 3 months free until Jan 2021
November 2020 - After multiple escalations, i finally spoke to someone in corporate who agreed to give me a free 63XL (retails for $55) cartridge for free so i can exit the program after free months and still use print for next while for free.
December 2020 - Got my HP 63XL delivered, spoke to the agent over chat and got converted to the free tier.
Wow, very well done. Good risk taking. 6 free months, free 63 XL, back on free tier. I would avoid using the 63 XL and just use free tier cartridge. Honestly given you got it for free, cheaper to just use it and refill.

Man, here I paid for cartridge like sucker and didn't even use free trial.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
1883 posts
620 upvotes
I got the final cancellation email and the button to stop the cancellation is GONE. I never received the email asking me to stay.
I went to online chat typed in Live Agent in the Virtual Chat and connected to someone.

I explained the situation and the workaround is for ME to enroll into the 50 pages plan. The CS will downgrade you to the Vacation Plan or Free Plan.
I was never charged as they gave me a free month to cover the $3.99
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 9.54.04 AM.png
Sr. Member
Oct 28, 2015
796 posts
232 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
the hp 5070 is showing out of stock on HP website, can I still PM it at staple in this case? thanks
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
xuanzh wrote: the hp 5070 is showing out of stock on HP website, can I still PM it at staple in this case? thanks
In theory, availability is a requirement, practically it is YMMV depending on whoever processes the PM request, never hurts to try.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2018
1123 posts
1082 upvotes
Blainville, QC
I just got this email:

As an original member of the 15-pages for $0/month printing plan, we wanted to let you know this plan option is still available for your DeskJet. To re-enroll, use your personal code below and keep the $0 plan for the life of your printer1, or until you upgrade or cancel.

I'm now back on the FREE plan for "life" :)
Newbie
Nov 28, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
After cancelling in November, I just got the email today so I re-enrolled.

After re-enrolling it says: "Your Welcome Package with Instant Ink cartridges is on the way and will arrive in about 10 working days.
Your service will start when you insert one of your first HP Instant Ink cartridges received with your Welcome Package in your enrolled printer."

What would happen if I re-use my original 63XL and the other previous instant ink cartridges that I still have not used? Can I still swap it and not charged for overprinting?

Thanks.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
987 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
sid8tive wrote: I just got this email:

As an original member of the 15-pages for $0/month printing plan, we wanted to let you know this plan option is still available for your DeskJet. To re-enroll, use your personal code below and keep the $0 plan for the life of your printer1, or until you upgrade or cancel.

I'm now back on the FREE plan for "life" :)
How did you get this?
JS
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2018
1123 posts
1082 upvotes
Blainville, QC
James Stonehenge wrote: How did you get this?
I had cancelled in November. I randomly got it today (YMMV). I happily re-enrolled.
[OP]
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
greensilicon wrote: What would happen if I re-use my original 63XL and the other previous instant ink cartridges that I still have not used? Can I still swap it and not charged for overprinting?
You can reuse instant ink from earlier cancelled subscription, but whatever you print will be counted against your current plan (so you will still be charged for overage if you go above the monthly allowance).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 2, 2018
1123 posts
1082 upvotes
Blainville, QC
greensilicon wrote: After cancelling in November, I just got the email today so I re-enrolled.

After re-enrolling it says: "Your Welcome Package with Instant Ink cartridges is on the way and will arrive in about 10 working days.
Your service will start when you insert one of your first HP Instant Ink cartridges received with your Welcome Package in your enrolled printer."

What would happen if I re-use my original 63XL and the other previous instant ink cartridges that I still have not used? Can I still swap it and not charged for overprinting?

Thanks.
You are billed per page, regardless of number of cartridges you end up using.
Member
Apr 28, 2010
372 posts
458 upvotes
Terrace
story wrote: I got the final cancellation email and the button to stop the cancellation is GONE. I never received the email asking me to stay.
I went to online chat typed in Live Agent in the Virtual Chat and connected to someone.

I explained the situation and the workaround is for ME to enroll into the 50 pages plan. The CS will downgrade you to the Vacation Plan or Free Plan.
I was never charged as they gave me a free month to cover the $3.99
Weird, I was told the Vacation Mode is only good for 4 months.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Grasshopper99