Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
KevinT277396 wrote: Whats the best way to do this?
Link for the chat is in the thread summary.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1012 posts
524 upvotes
GTA
Anyone on the cheapest 1.25 plan, have unused rollover pages then convert to the free plan? Will the unused rollover pages carry over to the free plan?
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1130 posts
303 upvotes
Anyone have an extra printer that used to be enrolled and willing to sell it?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
DealsHunterCo wrote: Anyone have an extra printer that used to be enrolled and willing to sell it?
The "grandfathering" is "printer + account" specific. The same account can't grandfather a different printer, the same printer can't be grandfathered on a different account.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
DealsHunterCo wrote: Is the free plan back up and running?
Nope, the free plan is all gone now, it seems only those printers that were previously enrolled in the free plan (at the time of program termination) are grandfathered.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up a Tango before Boxing Day and managed to sub into the free plan.

But they now added 5 free months of printing for me because my HP Instant Ink was held up by Canada Post. They put me on the 500 Page Print plan but advised me since my account was tagged I can drop down to the free plan after. Not sure how true this is.

They also sent me a back up batch so I always have Instant Ink ready to go.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5186 posts
1955 upvotes
Toronto
Is there any way to add warranty via HP after purchasing from a local retailer?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5470 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto
if I just print black and white text, then this isn't worth it right? And this is only inkjet, not laser right?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
rebel_rfd wrote: Is there any way to add warranty via HP after purchasing from a local retailer?
Did you try: https://www8.hp.com/ca/en/services/cons ... print.html
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
fightbriz wrote: if I just print black and white text, then this isn't worth it right? And this is only inkjet, not laser right?
Generally speaking YES, I would recommend laser for volume b&w, but with post covid price hikes (or rather lack of significant discounts on home office peripherals) it will come down to the price you will get the HP for, whether or not you will need anything past the $1.25 printing plan and how much would an alt laser B&W cost you.
Feb 3, 2008
238 posts
10 upvotes
Any cheap printers for sale nowadays? Seems like last update was in december.
Jan 26, 2017
902 posts
948 upvotes
When does monthly billing officially start?
a) Is it immediately when you sign up
b) when you install the cartridge
c) when you print out the first page

???
Oct 27, 2017
716 posts
577 upvotes
Bebo123 wrote: When does monthly billing officially start?

???
YMMV. My subscription started the day I called in to enroll. My starter ink immediately recognized as Instant Ink ready. Others, their subscription didn't start until they installed the first pack of Instant Ink ready cartridges. But definitely not option c). Once your printer detects the Instant Ink ready cartridges, subscription starts even if you don't print.
Sep 10, 2018
21 posts
4 upvotes
How long does it generally take for HP to send the $10 coupon, Its been an hour since I signed up. Thanks
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
Bebo123 wrote: When does monthly billing officially start?

???
The moment you have an instant-ink ready cartridge inside the printer once you enroll (doesn't matter whether if they sent it to you or not, if it's there your enrollment gets activated and your billing starts).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Grasshopper99