Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: I feel like this is rapidly reaching the same point as the Gift Card deal thread that caused everyone to nonstop complain the thread was being derailed.
I’m just waiting for a printer deal to pop up!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
ryanrudolf wrote: Had to check my bill again as i cant believe you got yours for less than 100$......and yep i got it way back Dec2019 for 62.xx tax all in!

The 140cad was for a different item RFD effect LOL
I checked my bill, it was $65.xx tax in, I don't really remembere the details, that's why I said under $100
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
Ok, really good surprise this week.

My 7855 printer have issue loading photo paper from photo tray, It is almost 6 months old.
I call HP, they RMA it.
It is now 5 days from my 6 months free Instant Ink program end, so my plan was after RMA is done, I call them to downgrade to free plan.
I call Monday afternoon, the RMA arrive yesterday (Wed). Today I have chance to replace it, and to my surprise after I do the REPLACE printer in instant Ink, it said; Additional 3 months free "Transition"
Now I have 3 more month of free month, 300 page per month.

Wow. just Wow.
I paid $65.xx tax in back in Dec 2019, and end up getting 9 months free. Not that I print 300 page a month, but still, i am happy
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I signed up for Instant Ink on my 8710 from last years deal on Monday May 25th and received my Welcome Ink Package today.
Impressive considering the Covid slowdowns.
I looked at the cost of replacing the XL print cartridges and for my use case, this makes more sense. I was able to start with three free months.

I used the following codes.
Enter a referral code for 1 month free trial (found one online).
EASYWAYTOPRINT for 2 months free trial
Thanks @kryptonite for the this post. staples-thesource-wm-bb-costco-hp-inkje ... #p32470419

It is nice not to have to worry about printing in colour.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: Ok, really good surprise this week.

My 7855 printer have issue loading photo paper from photo tray, It is almost 6 months old.
I call HP, they RMA it.
It is now 5 days from my 6 months free Instant Ink program end, so my plan was after RMA is done, I call them to downgrade to free plan.
I call Monday afternoon, the RMA arrive yesterday (Wed). Today I have chance to replace it, and to my surprise after I do the REPLACE printer in instant Ink, it said; Additional 3 months free "Transition"
Now I have 3 more month of free month, 300 page per month.

Wow. just Wow.
I paid $65.xx tax in back in Dec 2019, and end up getting 9 months free. Not that I print 300 page a month, but still, i am happy
The RMA you got, is it a new one or refurb?
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
ryanrudolf wrote: The RMA you got, is it a new one or refurb?
Look like a refurb to me because the box is differ, it is Brown box. The printer itself look like new, and did resolve my issue.

Photo paper now able to load, and I notice the touch screen is much better. I thought it was just design issue on my org unit that the touch screen is not very sensitive, but this replacement unit is much more responsive.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: Look like a refurb to me because the box is differ, it is Brown box. The printer itself look like new, and did resolve my issue.

Photo paper now able to load, and I notice the touch screen is much better. I thought it was just design issue on my org unit that the touch screen is not very sensitive, but this replacement unit is much more responsive.
The touch screen on mine is also quirky. Might give them a call soon.
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6365 posts
6726 upvotes
Center of Canada
ryanrudolf wrote: The touch screen on mine is also quirky. Might give them a call soon.
Totally worth the call, it resolved my photo paper loading issue, and by surprise touch screen is much better ( which I didn't even think of is a defect), they ship next day arrival, and get extra 3 months of instant ink.
Really good.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
chemicalxv wrote: I feel like this is rapidly reaching the same point as the Gift Card deal thread that caused everyone to nonstop complain the thread was being derailed.
Actually it's totally relevant (IMO), I think part of the price hick is because of the increased demand from those who didn't quite understand the optimal use case for these instant ink printers and jumped in because they have new home-office printing needs only to be disappointed later on.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
cassador wrote: I signed up for Instant Ink on my 8710 from last years deal on Monday May 25th and received my Welcome Ink Package today.
Good to know they finally got their fulfillment sorted out.
Thanks for the update.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
aasoror wrote: Actually it's totally relevant (IMO), I think part of the price hick is because of the increased demand from those who didn't quite understand the optimal use case for these instant ink printers and jumped in because they have new home-office printing needs only to be disappointed later on.
Oh no sorry I was referring to the argument over the refurb thing that was going on. Of course the lack of sales is relevant!
Apr 2, 2008
703 posts
364 upvotes
bizstudent wrote: I am in the market for one of these cheap printers and if anyone that bought one recently and willing to sell at cost, let me know and i can pick it up.

Thanks!
I have just bought HP Deskjet 2655 today at Staples, price matched with the source for $40. It's out of stock online at the source but show in-stock at some local stores, still good for price match.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
bluewish wrote: I have just bought HP Deskjet 2655 today at Staples, price matched with the source for $40. It's out of stock online at the source but show in-stock at some local stores, still good for price match.
Thank you for this, added to the OP.
Jun 10, 2017
797 posts
1452 upvotes
Anyone know of a working code for the 2 free months? Freeink, easywaytoprint, freemonths2, etc etc all no longer works. Only thing that seems to work is all the 1 month referral codes on Google.
Mar 29, 2019
53 posts
62 upvotes
Staples will not price match as the item shows out of stock at The Source. It needs to show as in stock so couldn't get Staples to price match the HP6255 to $40.
Jul 18, 2007
52 posts
27 upvotes
Notbillable wrote: Staples will not price match as the item shows out of stock at The Source. It needs to show as in stock so couldn't get Staples to price match the HP6255 to $40.
I went on live chat with Staples couple days ago and they agreed to price match it and issued the ticket # 1968783 promising to get a refund after I made my purchase. I decided to wait for another printer so if you want you can try verifying the ticket # and see if they'd honor the refund.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Notbillable wrote: Staples will not price match as the item shows out of stock at The Source. It needs to show as in stock so couldn't get Staples to price match the HP6255 to $40.
It's showing in stock at the source right now.
Images
  • Annotation 2020-06-12 172454.png
Mar 29, 2019
53 posts
62 upvotes
They must have just updated as it was showing out of stock as of this morning.
Thanks for the update, I can take the receipt back to staples for a PM.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Printer triggered an ink refill request:
- June 5: Electronic information submitted by shipper
- June 10: Item processed (CP picked up).
- June 15: Item delivered.

Good to know HP got fulfillment back in order.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)