Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $85

[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22426 posts
14734 upvotes
Kitchener
headleygrange wrote: https://www.hp.com/ca-en/shop/product.a ... lang=en-CA

HP DeskJet Plus 4132 All-in-One Printer For $80.
You can take another $10 off with a newsletter subscription.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1694 posts
1146 upvotes
GTA
looks like luck is in my favor! i was able to snag an un-opened 4*6 HP advanced photo paper for $5! i estimate its 150-200pcs so its really a steal. this complements my 7855 and free printing plan!

PXL_20220411_000258606~2.jpg
++ $8 talk text data plan + $0 3GB data only plan + Pixel 3a XL
Oct 2, 2015
573 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
My prepaid card is expiring at the end of May and I got an email asking to update it.

I tried using another prepaid card that expires in 2024 but it's rejecting with no reason given.. did they patch prepaid cards or does anyone have suggestions?
Jul 18, 2017
337 posts
443 upvotes
Montreal
A little bit off topic but... has anyone ever had to reset their printer, lost the setup/regular cartridges and only has instant ink cartridges and managed to have it work?

At this point, I am thinking on throwing the printer (HP Envy 5540) away and buying a new one.
Apr 28, 2019
255 posts
259 upvotes
Adealaday wrote: A little bit off topic but... has anyone ever had to reset their printer, lost the setup/regular cartridges and only has instant ink cartridges and managed to have it work?

At this point, I am thinking on throwing the printer (HP Envy 5540) away and buying a new one.
Once during remote debugging, my printer bricked and the only message which would appear upon boot is, 'There is instant-ink installed, can't proceed without instant-ink registration'.

HP Support then said either I need to get normal-cartridge (non instant-ink) to do wireless-setup or get a USB-A cable (the one with that square end), so I can connect to it using my laptop USB port.

Somehow I managed to find old used-up HP original cartridge (which came with the printer) safely tucked in that return-shipment envelope in the closet, and got the printer working by using those old ones only at the time of that boot and setup.
Public Mobile | Tangerine
Jul 18, 2017
337 posts
443 upvotes
Montreal
balaca wrote: Once during remote debugging, my printer bricked and the only message which would appear upon boot is, 'There is instant-ink installed, can't proceed without instant-ink registration'.

HP Support then said either I need to get normal-cartridge (non instant-ink) to do wireless-setup or get a USB-A cable (the one with that square end), so I can connect to it using my laptop USB port.

Somehow I managed to find old used-up HP original cartridge (which came with the printer) safely tucked in that return-shipment envelope in the closet, and got the printer working by using those old ones only at the time of that boot and setup.
Those cartridges are the setup cartridges... I threw those away long time ago (facepalm)...
Jul 18, 2017
337 posts
443 upvotes
Montreal
balaca wrote: Once during remote debugging, my printer bricked and the only message which would appear upon boot is, 'There is instant-ink installed, can't proceed without instant-ink registration'.

Alright so... I was like, worth it to give it a try and buy a cable. Worst case scenario is I'd return the cable.
But then I realized I had the same cable (after buying it, should be delivered today) from my piano USB-A to USB-C. I managed to setup the printer using usb and HP Smart. Thank you for your hint!

No cartridges required.
Jul 18, 2017
337 posts
443 upvotes
Montreal
I'll leave it here in case someone goes through the same issue.

I no longer have the setup cartridges and had to perform a reset in my printer.

The way I managed to bypass the setup cartridges and setup the printer with my instant ink cartridges was by performing an oobe reset (top left, bottom left, top left, top lefty buttons to access the hidden menu on my HP 5540 envy). Then I could setup the printer through USB cable and therefore link it to my wifi so cable was no longer needed. Then I had to call HP and after being on the phone for 40 mins she managed to remove the printer from my account and add it again as I couldn't enroll on instant ink.

Then she credited 20 pages for me (I'm on the 10 pages per month plan). I also got 3 months free.

That's it. Took me a day to figure it out after tons of googling and accessing old pages. Hope it's useful for someone.

There's also a hidden menu for all printers that's accessible by pressing the bottom left button 4 times in a row (the return key, that despite not being highlited still works).

Hope it's useful for someone.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22426 posts
14734 upvotes
Kitchener
Update 6/14/2022

WM: Deskjet 2742e $85 (free 6 months printing with HP+).
WM: DeskJet 2752e $105 (+ additional $15 off) (free 6 months printing with HP+).

The 2752e is available via the grocery portal (eligible for the $15 coupon) but the 2742e isn't.

BB: Deskjet 2742e $85 (Pink/Green/Blue) (free 6 months printing with HP+).
Staples: Deskjet 2742e $100 (Pink/Green/Blue) (free 6 months printing with HP+).
Jun 25, 2007
338 posts
133 upvotes
so can you still use non HP ionk cartridge after the free 6 months printing with HP+? or you are stuck with HP cartridge after?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22426 posts
14734 upvotes
Kitchener
fayya wrote: so can you still use non HP ionk cartridge after the free 6 months printing with HP+? or you are stuck with HP cartridge after?
HP+ enrollment will lock the printer to a genuine HP cartridge (with/without an instant ink subscription) for good, not sure whether or not it will survive a factory reset (but it kind of defeats the whole purpose if it doesn't).

One thing to note though, purchasing these printers only makes sense if you are going to use them with an instant ink subscription, if you are paying out of pocket for ink (genuine or otherwise), I wouldn't bother with HP (or any other inkjet FWIW)
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2056 posts
2129 upvotes
Fastest shipment of new ink in the 4 times I’ve got order. Went to print my free pages for prior month. Replaced yellow cartridge. Strangely received email from HP to say they are shipping out next set of cartridges already. Received them today only after 7 days. Normally I get the shipping labels created but takes 2-3 weeks before it gets packed and shipped out and picked up by CP.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2652 posts
932 upvotes
Anyone who owns the HP Envy 5055 noticed that they started shipping bigger (physically) cartridges now? At first I was confused whether I am putting it in wrong but it is actually larger now. Strange.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22426 posts
14734 upvotes
Kitchener
Thrasher wrote: Anyone who owns the HP Envy 5055 noticed that they started shipping bigger (physically) cartridges now? At first I was confused whether I am putting it in wrong but it is actually larger now. Strange.
So you were not sent XL cartridges before or are you saying the XL cartridges got physically bigger?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
2652 posts
932 upvotes
aasoror wrote: So you were not sent XL cartridges before or are you saying the XL cartridges got physically bigger?
All of the above. I did not even know there were XL cartridges. Until I installed one the other day. I am on the program for 2+ years and this is the first time I see one.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)