Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I have a 3830 printer that is out of ink. Could I signup for the cheapest Instant Ink plan now, wait until the new cartridges arrive in a few weeks, then cancel right away? Essentially I'd be paying $1.25 for brand new cartridges?
The cartridges only work when you have a subscription.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice. I re-enrolled into the free plan again. Good thing....I have 2 printers (one still enrolled because I didn't cancel it). I was about to literally toss second printer to the trash when I got this email to re-enroll it

It's weird how they had a complete change in heart. I guess they recrunched the numbers?
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
balaca wrote: I have my trial (HP 3830), 5 months trial at that, ending on 13th Jan. I'm yet to receive any email informing of 'Free Tier'. 'Change Plan' link shows starting tier as $1.25 for upto 15 pages.

I tried contacting over Chat, to check regarding other troubles (B&W prints, jobs getting stuck) but somehow ended up with non-CA agent, and she said none available in CA to be redirected to at the moment! And she gave me the CA number and link to follow.

Gotta check again to 'Cancel' on HP site myself, or over Chat to see whether I can extend the trial by some days or downgrade to 'Free tier' if available.
warpdrive wrote: Nice. I re-enrolled into the free plan again. Good thing....I have 2 printers (one still enrolled because I didn't cancel it). I was about to literally toss second printer to the trash when I got this email to re-enroll it

It's weird how they had a complete change in heart. I guess they recrunched the numbers?
Fark, I soldy printer and now they are bringing the free 15 pages back? Fark my life

Just saw the email as well. Will reactivate it but news to buy a new printer to print pictures
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
aasoror wrote: 1) No.
2) Yes and Yes.
Not sure how the answer to #2 is Yes and Yes?!
So if I enrol, u said “yes”, the very first insta ink I received will work and then you said “yes” they have to send me another and that will work too? If that’s the case why do they have to send me another one if first one was never used and would work if I enrolled?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Bebo123 wrote: Not sure how the answer to #2 is Yes and Yes?!
So if I enrol, u said “yes”, the very first insta ink I received will work and then you said “yes” they have to send me another and that will work too? If that’s the case why do they have to send me another one if first one was never used and would work if I enrolled?
Sorry, I should have elaborated more when replying.
Yes, you can use any instant ink cartridge (including your old one) once the printer is enrolled.
and Yes, they will be sending you a new cartridge regardless because they assume you discarded the old one when you canceled the first time.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
I bought an instant-ink eligible printer 3 years ago but never enrolled it in the program. Is it too late to get the free plan? Despite all their advertising of the free plan when I bought it?
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I bought an instant-ink eligible printer 3 years ago but never enrolled it in the program. Is it too late to get the free plan? Despite all their advertising of the free plan when I bought it?
Yes, it's too late to do it on your own (the program is no longer available for anyone to enroll in), but it would never hurt to try and call support and see if they are willing to manually enroll it for you.
Aug 1, 2015
25 posts
1 upvote
I bought my HP instant ink eligible printer when free 15 pages/month is still on but was only able to set it up recently. I'm still using the free cartridge that comes with it. I haven't enrolled to any printing plan. Will I be still eligible to get the free 15pages/month if I call customer service? Thanks.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
AirForceOne wrote: I bought my HP instant ink eligible printer when free 15 pages/month is still on but was only able to set it up recently. I'm still using the free cartridge that comes with it. I haven't enrolled to any printing plan. Will I be still eligible to get the free 15pages/month if I call customer service? Thanks.
Officially no (the fact that the program was available when you bought the printer doesn't imply you are automatically grandfathered even if you chose not to enroll), unofficially it's YMMV, just call/chat and see what they tell you, few posts above people managed to enroll printers that they actually purchased "after" the program was phased out just by asking nicely.

Good luck!
Dec 7, 2008
200 posts
84 upvotes
how does one actually buy one of these printers, every time I stumble upon this thread, they are sold out, I just wait until bestbuy or staples gets stock and get it price matched?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2018
1261 posts
2319 upvotes
Hi there... so I was a member of the free 15 page trial for quite awhile... back in October when I got the email of the $1.25 a month, I cancelled the plan. I'm hearing now people can re-enroll for free back on the old plan.. when I try to do it, all I see is $1.25 a month. Is it still possible for me to go to the free plan?
Oct 3, 2015
902 posts
1915 upvotes
Toronto
KevinT277396 wrote: Hi there... so I was a member of the free 15 page trial for quite awhile... back in October when I got the email of the $1.25 a month, I cancelled the plan. I'm hearing now people can re-enroll for free back on the old plan.. when I try to do it, all I see is $1.25 a month. Is it still possible for me to go to the free plan?
Yes. You have to contact them.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1918 posts
1389 upvotes
GTA
Anyone on the cheapest 1.25 plan, have unused rollover pages then convert to the free plan? Will the unused rollover pages carry over to the free plan?
Pixel 6a combo -
$8 talk text PM plan
$0 4GB eSIM data only plan
$1 voip backup line
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Is the free plan back up and running?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
3177 posts
2087 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have an extra printer that used to be enrolled and willing to sell it?
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
DealsHunterCo wrote: Anyone have an extra printer that used to be enrolled and willing to sell it?
The "grandfathering" is "printer + account" specific. The same account can't grandfather a different printer, the same printer can't be grandfathered on a different account.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
DealsHunterCo wrote: Is the free plan back up and running?
Nope, the free plan is all gone now, it seems only those printers that were previously enrolled in the free plan (at the time of program termination) are grandfathered.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up a Tango before Boxing Day and managed to sub into the free plan.

But they now added 5 free months of printing for me because my HP Instant Ink was held up by Canada Post. They put me on the 500 Page Print plan but advised me since my account was tagged I can drop down to the free plan after. Not sure how true this is.

They also sent me a back up batch so I always have Instant Ink ready to go.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)