Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $90

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 12:33 am
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21026 posts
12408 upvotes
Kitchener
DjSingh wrote: - Will i still be able to enroll it into free plan???
Nope, grandfathering is limited to both the account the printer that was previously enrolled in the free plan under that account. With that said, it never hurts to ask nicely you might get a willing CSR.
- Do i have to cancel the old printer or can i use both???
Nope, you can still use both (I think the limit was 10 printers or so enrolled under the same account).
Dec 6, 2010
460 posts
162 upvotes
If you cancel the plan, does it render the remaining cartridges useless? The warning sign said that you cannot use your printer anymore!
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21026 posts
12408 upvotes
Kitchener
gta_guy wrote: If you cancel the plan, does it render the remaining cartridges useless? The warning sign said that you cannot use your printer anymore!
You can use the printer, just not with any instant ink that was enrolled with the printer. So yes, whatever instant ink you have remaining you are supposed to discard (or send back) once you cancel.
Dec 6, 2010
460 posts
162 upvotes
aasoror wrote: You can use the printer, just not with any instant ink that was enrolled with the printer. So yes, whatever instant ink you have remaining you are supposed to discard (or send back) once you cancel.
What happens if you keep using the printer ink without returning it? I can always disable to the internet access of the printer via router :)
Feb 24, 2018
63 posts
34 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP got 3630 from Bestbuy at 40 dollars, not the cheapest but still cheap considering rates in the recent times. Cheers..
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21026 posts
12408 upvotes
Kitchener
gta_guy wrote: What happens if you keep using the printer ink without returning it? I can always disable to the internet access of the printer via router :)
You should give HP more credit than that :) They know people would do exactly that and that's why an enrolled printer will lockup if not allowed to phone home and confirm enrollment status past the current billing cycle. Once the printer manages to phone home and knows it's no longer enrolled it will blacklist any instant ink cartridge that was previously used with it as well as the currently installed one.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1163 posts
1262 upvotes
Are these printers good enough to print photos? It’s basically $1.25 a month for 15 pages? So I could technically print 15 8.5x11 photos each month ?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21026 posts
12408 upvotes
Kitchener
simplypop wrote: Are these printers good enough to print photos?
My borderless prints at maximum resolution (HP Envy) are no different (if not tad better) than my WM and Costco prints. It uses the same ink and has the same resolution as many other HP desk/office jets so I think they will be of similar quality regardless (support for boardless printing varies though).
It’s basically $1.25 a month for 15 pages?
+ whatever you pay for photo paper.
So I could technically print 15 8.5x11 photos each month ?
Yup, that is exactly what many here (me included) have been doing for the last couple of years.
Oct 7, 2017
44 posts
70 upvotes
Is this still even worth the effort? It’s my understanding that inkjet printers are basically being given away these days to make profit off the ink itself over time.

Would it be more worth it to invest a little more in a laser printer and not have to worry about dealing with changing the ink all the time?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21026 posts
12408 upvotes
Kitchener
Sinnikk wrote: Is this still even worth the effort? It’s my understanding that inkjet printers are basically being given away these days to make profit off the ink itself over time.
Almost 3 years of ownership, hundreds of 8.5x11 photos printed at highest resolution and quality possible $0 spent on ink :) So I don't really think HP is making money out of my use case. Even if it's no longer free, it's less than a small cup of coffee a month.
Would it be more worth it to invest a little more in a laser printer and not have to worry about dealing with changing the ink all the time?
Yes for BW volume printing, no way for color. Remember the whole point of the instant ink program is that you don't deal with changing ink all the time ;)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)