Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
Are these printers good enough to print photos? It’s basically $1.25 a month for 15 pages? So I could technically print 15 8.5x11 photos each month ?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
simplypop wrote: Are these printers good enough to print photos?
My borderless prints at maximum resolution (HP Envy) are no different (if not tad better) than my WM and Costco prints. It uses the same ink and has the same resolution as many other HP desk/office jets so I think they will be of similar quality regardless (support for boardless printing varies though).
It’s basically $1.25 a month for 15 pages?
+ whatever you pay for photo paper.
So I could technically print 15 8.5x11 photos each month ?
Yup, that is exactly what many here (me included) have been doing for the last couple of years.
Oct 7, 2017
281 posts
537 upvotes
Is this still even worth the effort? It’s my understanding that inkjet printers are basically being given away these days to make profit off the ink itself over time.

Would it be more worth it to invest a little more in a laser printer and not have to worry about dealing with changing the ink all the time?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Sinnikk wrote: Is this still even worth the effort? It’s my understanding that inkjet printers are basically being given away these days to make profit off the ink itself over time.
Almost 3 years of ownership, hundreds of 8.5x11 photos printed at highest resolution and quality possible $0 spent on ink :) So I don't really think HP is making money out of my use case. Even if it's no longer free, it's less than a small cup of coffee a month.
Would it be more worth it to invest a little more in a laser printer and not have to worry about dealing with changing the ink all the time?
Yes for BW volume printing, no way for color. Remember the whole point of the instant ink program is that you don't deal with changing ink all the time ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2812 posts
3878 upvotes
aasoror wrote: My borderless prints at maximum resolution (HP Envy) are no different (if not tad better) than my WM and Costco prints. It uses the same ink and has the same resolution as many other HP desk/office jets so I think they will be of similar quality regardless (support for boardless printing varies though).

+ whatever you pay for photo paper.

Yup, that is exactly what many here (me included) have been doing for the last couple of years.
Ah I see. Thanks so much. That does sound enticing $1.25 for 15 pages. I wasn't sure if it was "too good to be true" other than buying photo paper and printer.

Which printer do you have? Any deals right now?
Jan 4, 2021
4 posts
5 upvotes
Following. Looking for a printer, all the decent ones seem to be out of stock everywhere.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
simplypop wrote: Which printer do you have? Any deals right now?
Envy 4520 (entry not the higher end photo variants) for $40 from 2018, the most recent successor was the 5070 (also went as low as $40 late last year) now revamped as white, no screen, protruding tray 6055 ($150) for whatever reasons HP might have!
As with anything else, when demand is high deals become scarce, I regularly update the OP with my and everyone else's findings so keep an eye on that.
Jan 19, 2008
360 posts
72 upvotes
Im trying to decide between a laser and another inkjet. I don't print much but when I do its usually a bunch of b/w documents, and 1/2 the time my inkjet at home is dry when I need it -_-

Are there any good deals on a budget all in one laser?

Cheapest one I found, but it had low/bad reviews
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ca ... r/14517047

I also signed up for the HP coupon, on two different emails, its been about an hr and no coupon yet..
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
lim1017 wrote: Im trying to decide between a laser and another inkjet. I don't print much but when I do its usually a bunch of b/w documents, and 1/2 the time my inkjet at home is dry when I need it -_-
Instant ink takes care of that, also a maintenance page printed every 8 or so week can be easily automated with these connected printers.
Are there any good deals on a budget all in one laser?
$200 BNIB
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/br ... w/11662629

$150 (- %15 sign up coupon) refurbished (not AIO but you can put the savings towards an AIO inkjet when they drop below $50 and end up with a much better setup than the Canon)
https://www.brother.ca/en/p/RHLL5000D

$95 refurbished (not sure about that store though but doesn't hurt to give them a call).
https://precisiontoner.ca/products/brot ... efurbished
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener

1 The no-monthly-fee 15-page plan is not available to new customers or transferrable to a new printer, and you will not be able to return to the no-monthly-fee plan if you upgrade or cancel.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210201-234913~2.png
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1825 posts
2198 upvotes
Markham
Got the same email as @aasoror . I had kept putting off contacting them to be switched back to the free-forever plan, looks like I don't have to :D
My Plan
FREE plan for 15 pages a month
Change Plan

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
bk wrote: Got the same email as @aasoror . I had kept putting off contacting them to be switched back to the free-forever plan, looks like I don't have to :D
Likewise. And, I got a month of extra rollover pages from the $1.25 plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1854 posts
1106 upvotes
aasoror wrote: Image

1 The no-monthly-fee 15-page plan is not available to new customers or transferrable to a new printer, and you will not be able to return to the no-monthly-fee plan if you upgrade or cancel.
Also on the free plan, do you know if I print over 15 pages and had to pay for the extra 10 pages, will the paid unused pages roll over to next month? Or they will just disappear at the end of the billing cycle?
Nov 14, 2003
704 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Paid extra pages roll over, indefinitely.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2945 posts
1426 upvotes
GTA
No sub 40$ printers available lately? Need some for coupon printing . Lol.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Cnsultnt wrote: Paid extra pages roll over, indefinitely.
True though the number of rollable pages is capped at 3 times the monthly allowance.
Sep 22, 2006
97 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
I thought that any set of 10 did not roll over (after the free 15 of course) if there were any unused pages. For instance, if I printed my free 15 and then printed only 1 more page, I would be charged $1.25 and those remaining 9 pages would be lost. At least that’s what HP would want, no? I would be more than happy to be wrong on this Grinning Face
aasoror wrote:
True though the number of rollable pages is capped at 3 times the monthly allowance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)