Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP Inkjet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $90

Sep 19, 2004
608 posts
55 upvotes
Anyone have an opinion on 7155 @ $99 price? is it worth it? or should I wait?

Thanks
Oct 10, 2005
329 posts
19 upvotes
I understand that Staples does Price Match for printers. Is there extra benefit for purchasing it in Staples?

I was hoping to purchase a printer from Costco because of it's two year warranty but the printer I wanted it is sold out. So now, thinking of purchasing it directly from HP website but I see that many people are buying it from Staples through price matching. With the price matching, the price will be same but why would you buy it from Staples if it's available from HP website directly? Is there something I missing?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21030 posts
12420 upvotes
Kitchener
jasira wrote: I understand that Staples does Price Match for printers. Is there extra benefit for purchasing it in Staples?
Some prefer local options for instant accessibility and easier returns, also some might have Staples coupons/GC to use. Aside from that it's pretty much the same.

Side note: HP currently has 4% cashback on Ebates (vs Staples 2%), and the $10 newsletter discount will work on all 3 printers listed in the OP.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6981 posts
3304 upvotes
Montreal
bluespecv wrote: Anyone have an opinion on 7155 @ $99 price? is it worth it? or should I wait?

Thanks
It's been $70 or $80 in 2019, but who knows when it will be on a sale on a lower price.
If you need a printer for photos now, why not.
Aug 7, 2019
892 posts
297 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: Turns out the printer is a grocery item, so it stacks with the $10 off a $50 grocery order. So if you add $10.01 more of products, you will get them for $0.01. You can see it that way, or you can see it as the printer being $29.99, since anyone needs or will need something available at Walmart at almost any given second.
How do you get that coupon?
Aug 7, 2019
892 posts
297 upvotes
2 questions about the program (I imagine this gets asked a lot so maybe we can add it to OP?)

How do you check your current page count status for the month?

Can you configure your printer to automatically stop printing (or give you a warning) once you are about to exceed 15 pages?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21030 posts
12420 upvotes
Kitchener
DrDoomsday wrote: 2 questions about the program (I imagine this gets asked a lot so maybe we can add it to OP?)

How do you check your current page count status for the month?
From your account @ https://instantink.hpconnected.com/
Can you configure your printer to automatically stop printing (or give you a warning) once you are about to exceed 15 pages?
You can't stop it, but you will get an email notification once you are "almost" done with your current quota.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4202 posts
4005 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Kinda weird the sticker on my printer says I'll get a 2-month free trial for signing up but everything is only showing 1 month Thinking Face
Oct 10, 2005
329 posts
19 upvotes
Lots of HP 5255 @ COSTCO Overlea location as of Sunday @2 PM
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21030 posts
12420 upvotes
Kitchener
chemicalxv wrote: Kinda weird the sticker on my printer says I'll get a 2-month free trial for signing up but everything is only showing 1 month Thinking Face
These stickers happen to just match whatever they had at printing time (since there is no code or anything else to lock the trial period). You can just contact HP instant ink support and tell them about it, they usually would just throw the extra month without much trouble.
With that said, it seems the current enrollment promo is indeed 2 months (you can see it on the product pages on the hp store).
Dec 15, 2012
645 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto
stupid question but its per "page" what if its a really BIG page? does that matter?
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21030 posts
12420 upvotes
Kitchener
misterlamed wrote: stupid question but its per "page" what if its a really BIG page? does that matter?
Well a page is a page (as long as it's one of the printer's supported page sizes).
Feb 28, 2012
255 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tried to price match the OfficeJet Pro 6978 at Staples and was given an bizarre answer - HP Canada was not an authorized Canadian Dealer but the manufacturer, so no price match with them.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4202 posts
4005 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
aasoror wrote: These stickers happen to just match whatever they had at printing time (since there is no code or anything else to lock the trial period). You can just contact HP instant ink support and tell them about it, they usually would just throw the extra month without much trouble.
With that said, it seems the current enrollment promo is indeed 2 months (you can see it on the product pages on the hp store).
Yeah once I got to the end it did indeed show 2 months.

Also what a fricken poopshow, I found out I must have made an HP account years ago (and didn't even remember), but for some reason it was set to the US for region so it kept erroring out when I tried to do it through the app and when I first did it through my account it only let me pick a US delivery address (which was when I realized).
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
21030 posts
12420 upvotes
Kitchener
SuperMocha wrote: Tried to price match the OfficeJet Pro 6978 at Staples and was given an bizarre answer - HP Canada was not an authorized Canadian Dealer but the manufacturer, so no price match with them.
Just try again with someone else, apparently that guy used to work at Future Shop Slightly Smiling Face
Dec 25, 2013
302 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
Should I get the HP DeskJet 3632 All-in-One Printer for $39.99 or the HP 7155 for $99?

I only need it for printing basic documents, shipping labels, etc.

Seldom use it.
May 19, 2008
606 posts
213 upvotes
Basic printing get the first model and save your money.
Dec 25, 2013
302 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
I usually just print documents via my phone, and connect to the printer. That's a possibility with this one right?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)