Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Tile Sticker 4/Pack for $59.99 (add coupon and you get free Google Nest Mini)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 3:42 pm
[OP]
Jul 5, 2018
48 posts
208 upvotes

[Staples] Tile Sticker 4/Pack for $59.99 (add coupon and you get free Google Nest Mini)

Stumbled upon this so here you go for anyone who's interested!

GET FREE GOOGLE NEST MINI (2ND GEN) WITH PURCHASE of Tile Sticker, Black, 4/Pack

https://www.staples.ca/products/2960460 ... lack-4pack

Use code: 70386

EDIT: you have to also choose a mini before checking out: https://www.staples.ca/search?q=Google+ ... Generation
A deal isn't a deal unless it has been approved by the RFD community
37 replies
Nov 6, 2013
22 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
ordered. Thanks ops.
Wasn't able to recover my primary account.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2293 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
RetiredStudent wrote: Stumbled upon this so here you go for anyone who's interested!

GET FREE GOOGLE NEST MINI (2ND GEN) WITH PURCHASE of Tile Sticker, Black, 4/Pack

https://www.staples.ca/products/2960460 ... lack-4pack

Use code: 70386

EDIT: you have to also choose a mini before checking out: https://www.staples.ca/search?q=Google+ ... Generation
Question for you, what do you use these for? I have a few for keys but never seen to have to use them.
removed for self-promotion
Nov 6, 2013
22 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
geotr wrote: Question for you, what do you use these for? I have a few for keys but never seen to have to use them.
I will use one for gopro camera and stick the rest to a keychain and act it like a normal tile mate.
Wasn't able to recover my primary account.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4783 posts
2171 upvotes
So I guess the question is, are these tiles worth $21?

I see what they're used for, but I can't even think of 4 things to place them on.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2018
48 posts
208 upvotes
geotr wrote: Question for you, what do you use these for? I have a few for keys but never seen to have to use them.
You can leave one to your car - in case you forgot where you parked
You can leave one to your family's car - to track them
You can attach one to your pet - in case they are frequent runaways
You can attach one to your love one - in case they run away

I don't have them yet but I plan to use them as such
A deal isn't a deal unless it has been approved by the RFD community
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3074 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
We have a 2 year old that constantly runs away or stashes our remotes for tvs in various rooms.

This would be perfect for that.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1101 posts
1312 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
My only complain with this 'Tile' is that the battery is not replaceable...
RetiredStudent wrote: You can leave one to your car - in case you forgot where you parked
You can leave one in your wife's car - in case she's a LYING M-------
/s
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3199 posts
296 upvotes
Looks like Best Buy has the same deal, but you can use Tile Mate instead of the the Tile Sticker, or you can add Tile Pro.

Edit: Sorry, Tile Mate is $69, so it's $10 more expensive than the Sticker, but I believe it has an option for a replaceable battery so it may be a better option.
Last edited by movieking on Dec 17th, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2293 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
RetiredStudent wrote: You can leave one to your car - in case you forgot where you parked
You can leave one to your family's car - to track them
You can attach one to your pet - in case they are frequent runaways
You can attach one to your love one - in case they run away

I don't have them yet but I plan to use them as such
Lol yeah I guess but you're thinking these things work like a GPS tracker but they don't work exactly like that. Your phone has a proximity meter for when you get closer (I guess measures by Bluetooth signal strength) and the tile beeps at the same time. Others can report the location of the tile if you go to the app and ask it to notify you when found. Not that crazy especially if the tile happens to be in an area without other tile users.
wartune123 wrote: My only complain with this 'Tile' is that the battery is not replaceable...
Yup the 2 of the 3 I have were non replaceable batteries and are dying. I got them free at an expo branded from HSBC. Seeing if worth replacing.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1682 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto
How many of these Google Home Minis / Nest Minis do I need?!?!
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9668 posts
9122 upvotes
Markham
Skilas wrote: How many of these Google Home Minis / Nest Minis do I need?!?!
Google wants to know when you're getting giggidy everywhere.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2293 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Enough so there is no more privacy in your home.
Mar 11, 2008
395 posts
808 upvotes
London
4 TrackRs at the Dollarama = $16
1 pk CR20016 (also Dollarama) = ~ $2
1 Google Nest Mini = $39

Not sure why this is a deal... unless you really want Tile. I've tried both and had mixed results with both.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
1242 posts
2039 upvotes
If you can beat 14, then kudos to you! I sold two of my old google minis to some guy last week who said he already had 12 in his house. He said he loved being able to walk room to room and have the same music playing...go figure....lol
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1682 posts
3151 upvotes
Toronto
Canadiansinner wrote: If you can beat 14, then kudos to you! I sold two of my old google minis to some guy last week who said he already had 12 in his house. He said he loved being able to walk room to room and have the same music playing...go figure....lol
His house must be huge! haha

I have 3. One per floor. I won't put one in my bedroom though. You know, some sort of privacy at least.

I had just ordered 2 more based on a Staples deal. One for the garage. And another I have no idea... If the new Nest Minis are noticeably better than the Home Minis, then maybe I'll just use them to replace my existing ones.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2231 posts
1319 upvotes
GTA
mrumble wrote: 4 TrackRs at the Dollarama = $16

Only if you can still find these TrackR's. I was hoping to find one but did not have luck.

Last edited by DragOnT on Dec 17th, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3210 posts
5368 upvotes
mrumble wrote: 4 TrackRs at the Dollarama = $16
1 pk CR20016 (also Dollarama) = ~ $2
1 Google Nest Mini = $39

Not sure why this is a deal... unless you really want Tile. I've tried both and had mixed results with both.
My tile's been a pos lately
50% of the time that it's supposed to be ringing, it'll stay silent but on the app it says "your tile is ringing" or whatever
Public Mobile customer