Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

TP Link Archer 2600 @50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 7:21 pm
51 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3346 posts
2442 upvotes
Montreal
Nice price. I for one really enjoy TP-Link. Many people don't like them though
Sep 9, 2007
237 posts
86 upvotes
I like mine once I updated to the latest firmware before that it would drop a band once a day
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3966 posts
3747 upvotes
GVRD
This is top rated in SNB site but there is no development on it yet.
Jun 19, 2011
151 posts
212 upvotes
Bought this guy earlier in the year when it was on amazon for $150ish as I upgraded my internet plan and my old one.

Granted I was moving from something ancient (some mid-range wireless N Cisco beast from a few years back with DD-WRT on it) and I really cant begin to tell you how much happier I am with this thing. I imagine much of it relates to improved signal strength from having external antennas but my PS4 is now pulling down triple the speed it was on my old router. Their Tether app is also kind of handy in certain situations.

My only gripes with it is that my GFs old laptop doesn't like staying connected to it (but that's mostly her problem, until its mine) and I've noticed a few interruptions in connection (only 2 restarts in 5ish months though so it could be my carrier).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5437 posts
2424 upvotes
I bought one during boxing day sale from Amazon for $105. Worked out of the box, haven't had any issues with it. Range was an improvement over the default telus modem.
Apr 27, 2010
636 posts
278 upvotes
Solid router. Been using it for a month now. Only complaint is the app is pretty much useless except for locking people out. Other than that, it can run a few 4k streams, download stuff, and browse the web at the same time without hiccups.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
Ok I think I'm gonna get this bad boy then. I was debating between this and the netgear ac2600. However that one is double the price. Are you guys using range extenders as well? My house is 3500 sqft and this would sit in the middle of the house.
Nov 5, 2009
596 posts
237 upvotes
GTA
I get a weak 5Ghz signal to it totally disappearing. Updated firmware with no success. TPLink told me to do a factory reset and if that doesn't resolve the issue RMA it. I thought this was a common issue with this specific router (2600). People say it overheats that may cause the problem.
Nov 24, 2008
531 posts
67 upvotes
London
I ended up getting the refurb DLINK 880L from walmart (its still available was like $100 tax in and shipped seems solid so far not sure how it compares to this one though.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
There was discussion about this recently in another thread. I picked up the tp link p5 for $91 from the source instead of this because tests show the p5 and archer c9 are faster since the Broadcom chip it uses is better than the Qualcomm chip in the 2600.
May 24, 2013
787 posts
284 upvotes
rsxmachine wrote: There was discussion about this recently in another thread. I picked up the tp link p5 for $91 from the source instead of this because tests show the p5 and archer c9 are faster since the Broadcom chip it uses is better than the Qualcomm chip in the 2600.
Link for those curious. I'm looking for a router as well (using my old laptop as a router haha)

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/asus-rt- ... oks?page=1
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4231 posts
1218 upvotes
Was trying to replace this with my R7000 but reviews for TP-Link is not that good regarding the update. TP-Link doesn't historically add new features to existing models. Instead they lock down the firmware and kept releasing newer hardware versions and discontinuing support for older versions. I've used my Netgear for a few years and they still releasing update (now with download) for it.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1823 posts
1676 upvotes
It has been this price since 2 months ago. I just returned mine yesterday because the new shaw ADVANCED modem performed better for my house with ton of walls.
I'm usually the guy who never uses built-in routers, but I don't see why not anymore.

I couldn't get over 130mbps with the c2600 but got 180mbps with the shaw modem. (And yes I did ip passthrough).
However, the download speed is not what made me return it, it was the reception in my many walled house.
Aug 27, 2016
39 posts
4 upvotes
IMO if the router make it right at first place, you don't need upgrade. more new firmware it don't mean good.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
I have this for $108 from visions and i love it. I run lede/openwrt and it's great.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
2723 posts
2313 upvotes
bluenote wrote: I have this for $108 from visions and i love it. I run lede/openwrt and it's great.
I totally forgot about DD-WRT? Does it run the full version? Does it allow VPN access?
Aug 21, 2007
138 posts
269 upvotes
I purchased this router for around the same price a few months ago and it has been performing well. That said, I also picked up a used Netgear Nighthawk R7000 [AC1900] (to use as an access point) and in my testing the Nighthawk outperforms this TP Link in terms of range/signal strength, but not significantly. You will also pay more for a Nighthawk (150-180 best sale price the past few years), so unless you have any real serious applications I am sure this TP Link will fit the bill.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)