Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] USB Flash Drives 32GB X 2 for $15.97 on Clearance

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2016 4:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 2, 2003
2504 posts
919 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.

[Staples] USB Flash Drives 32GB X 2 for $15.97 on Clearance

I saw this two pack of 32GB flash drives on at Staples on clearance:

Image



They're only USB 2.0, but I think $15.97 for a total of 64GB is pretty good for basic usage, isn't it? And you can put them on your keychain, so it works as a colourful key fob in the worst case scenario haha. I know that there's stock at the Staples in Penticton, B.C. and if there's stock there, there's probably stock in other places as the store in Penticton usually sells out of things very quickly.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
15 replies
Banned
Jun 6, 2007
14 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
And it is clearance days at Staples, so you get extra 25 percent off.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1028 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
kareem wrote: And it is clearance days at Staples, so you get extra 25 percent off.
No you don't. The price in the OP is the "clearance" price.
Banned
Jun 6, 2007
14 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
For the whole month of June, Staples has 25 percent off all clearance office supplies (saw in Calgary). Any office supply with price ending in .97 is considered clearance item and you get additional 25 percent off. Yesterday I bought two of these (2X$15.97=$31.94) minus $7.99 (sale of Clearance 25.00%) for the total of $23.95 plus tax. I paid $25.15 including 5 percent GST for two of them.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2009
1126 posts
628 upvotes
Mississauga
kareem wrote: For the whole month of June, Staples has 25 percent off all clearance office supplies (saw in Calgary). Any office supply with price ending in .97 is considered clearance item and you get additional 25 percent off. Yesterday I bought two of these (2X$15.97=$31.94) minus $7.99 (sale of Clearance 25.00%) for the total of $23.95 plus tax. I paid $25.15 including 5 percent GST for two of them.
It is just not fair to live in Ontario, 13% tax kills all shopping exitements
Newbie
Dec 18, 2007
84 posts
18 upvotes
Alberta
I can't complain, I found a Samsung EVO 850 120GB drive, "WAS: 99.97" clearance marked down to $87.97, and then I didn't notice until I got home that he keyed it in as $79.97, and also took off the 25%... for a final price of $59.98. I'll take it. :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 2, 2003
2504 posts
919 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Wow! Thanks to those who wrote about the 25% off because when my husband went and bought them, he didn't get the extra 25% discount and I didn't know about it until it was mentioned here. So when he got home he phoned the Staples and they're going to refund that 25% when he's in town next time.
So let it be e-mailed...so let it be done!
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1028 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
kareem wrote: For the whole month of June, Staples has 25 percent off all clearance office supplies (saw in Calgary). Any office supply with price ending in .97 is considered clearance item and you get additional 25 percent off. Yesterday I bought two of these (2X$15.97=$31.94) minus $7.99 (sale of Clearance 25.00%) for the total of $23.95 plus tax. I paid $25.15 including 5 percent GST for two of them.
Did you do that online or in a store? I put the item in my cart, and the price was not adjusted when I went to check out. So I went to the clearance page to look for these USB drives, and they were not there.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5019 posts
2270 upvotes
A Place to Stand
The other thread in hot deals for the 128 gb USB 3.0 Lexar for $16 at Staples is a far better deal I'd say. I got 4 of them, happy with them so far.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1028 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
midget_man wrote: The other thread in hot deals for the 128 gb USB 3.0 Lexar for $16 at Staples is a far better deal I'd say. I got 4 of them, happy with them so far.
128gb for $16? Where is that thread? I can't find it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26284 posts
6545 upvotes
makaturing wrote: 128gb for $16? Where is that thread? I can't find it.
I'm guessing that has to be a price error?

Still, these PNY drives here seem pretty craptastic and not even USB 3.0 is another strike against them. Even cheap USB 3.0 drives at least offer read speed benefits (even if they suck at write), but these will be basically capped at 35MB/s read and it wouldn't surprise me if they can't even do that much lol.

They're cheap, sure (esp. with add'l 25% off) but personally I'll leave this deal alone.
Member
May 27, 2008
205 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Thanked. Going to attempt to use these for 'PVR' space on my Vmedia boxes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5019 posts
2270 upvotes
A Place to Stand
makaturing wrote: 128gb for $16? Where is that thread? I can't find it.
Not in that thread, another thread here somewhere. At Staples, was 31.XX, buy 2, use $30 off $60 coupon. I'm sure a search for Lexar would bring it up.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3005 posts
1028 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
midget_man wrote: Not in that thread, another thread here somewhere. At Staples, was 31.XX, buy 2, use $30 off $60 coupon. I'm sure a search for Lexar would bring it up.
Search function on RFD has been broken for years. But I'll give it another shot, thanks. Is the coupon from a banned site with the word "retail" in the title?

EDIT: NM, found the coupon, it expired yesterday. Oh well.... :cry:

Top