Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Staples] Verbatim 100-pack DVD-R ~ $19.93

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2016 4:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC

[Staples] Verbatim 100-pack DVD-R ~ $19.93

Deal Link:
I know discs aren't used a lot any more but they are still great for giving movies and pictures to friends!
At $19.93 these are about half price from current MSRP. Enjoy!

Pricing valid until November 29th.

http://www.staples.ca/en/Verbatim-4-7GB ... CA_1_20001
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
15 replies
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
Good find. Too bad that I still have 500 or so I've never used.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2011
1606 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
How much is Costco selling the 50's?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
ammaretto007 wrote: Thanks! i go through alot of these.
What do you use them for? I have a bunch, but the only thing I use them for these days is for burning Windows or Linux ISOs onto a disc.

They're too small for backups these days.
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
39 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: What do you use them for? I have a bunch, but the only thing I use them for these days is for burning Windows or Linux ISOs onto a disc.

They're too small for backups these days.
burning movies/videos for family members..i also make photo DVD slideshows.
in the summer i hang the disks in the garden to keep birds away. also do crafts with the old disks
Mar 23, 2006
413 posts
92 upvotes
Good price. Going to pick this up. I don't burn much stuff anymore since everything is streamed, but it's good to have these around when I do need a blank DVD
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1321 posts
282 upvotes
Is Verbatim still considered the best in the class (scratch resistance and burning quality) ?

I convert mp4 to dvd and then burn for kids to enjoy in the minivan since chrysler doesn't support nothing but properly authored DVD.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
darkesha wrote: Is Verbatim still considered the best in the class (scratch resistance and burning quality) ?
I believe that Taiyo Yuden was always considered to be the best, but Verbatim Datalife Plus / Azo (which these are) are a close second.

For those who prefer DVD+Rs:

The Sonys are okay, too, but Verbatim is better, although Sonys look better, in my opinion :) . I have some Sony +Rs that were made by TY, but I wouldn't expect current stock to be.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3004 upvotes
London
acbay21 wrote: How much is Costco selling the 50's?
YMMV, but my local Costcos rarely have dvds anymore, and they are usually TDK 100 packs. The price was usually around $20 but iirc they dropped to ~$17 a couple of times.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 25th, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: bst in quote and your response were removed
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
wow a dvd thread! feels like 2007 in here. Which reminds me, I still have hundreds left over from around that year. They're probably going stale...
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1321 posts
282 upvotes
rabbit wrote: I believe that Taiyo Yuden was always considered to be the best, but Verbatim Datalife Plus / Azo (which these are) are a close second.

For those who prefer DVD+Rs:

The Sonys are okay, too, but Verbatim is better, although Sonys look better, in my opinion :) . I have some Sony +Rs that were made by TY, but I wouldn't expect current stock to be.
Thanks for the reply,...I remember (at the time) only buying Taiyo Yudens printables...where the printing medium wasn't paper but some silver compound and prints looked AMAZING....I mostly printed at 30-40% of opacity to conserve the ink, but few I printed at 100% looked amazing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)