None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
2607 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa

[Staples] Staples: Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X 3pk w/ jewel cases $9.41

I was just flipping through the Staples flyer and I saw this reasonably good deal:

Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X 3pk w/ jewel cases for $9.41

It works out to $3.14/disc which is just a tiny bit more than the prices you'll pay at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] or blankmedia, and these are in jewel cases. No shipping if you buy instore, either ;)
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
not a bad deal i guess...

cheapest i've seen these go for @ [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] was ~$27/10 disc spindle (~$2.70/disc but no JCs).... but also for those outside BC will have to consider s/h at that time.

btw, FS/BB PM?
they used to carry these online, but not now anymore...

EDIT: also i just noticed BB has the Dynex DL 3pk going for $9... so ~$3/disc.
if u can find the MKM001 Dynex's, then that's another good alternative.

linky: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=24035
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
2607 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
mahjongmaniac wrote:EDIT: also i just noticed BB has the Dynex DL 3pk going for $9... so ~$3/disc.
if u can find the MKM001 Dynex's, then that's another good alternative.

linky: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=24035
Do you really think it's a wise idea to buy a B grade product for only $0.14/disc less?

This is a really hot deal imo..
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
'[buck wrote:']Do you really think it's a wise idea to buy a B grade product for only $0.14/disc less?

This is a really hot deal imo..
well, of course not... i'd take Verbatim over those Dynex's anyday...

didn't know what grade the Dynex media was classified as prev.'ly, but was just suggesting alternative... IIRC, the MKM is MIS and they're good (of course, not as good as these verbatims...)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
mahjongmaniac wrote:well, of course not... i'd take Verbatim over those Dynex's anyday...

didn't know what grade the Dynex media was classified as prev.'ly, but was just suggesting alternative... IIRC, the MKM is MIS and they're good (of course, not as good as these verbatims...)
Dynex's MKM001 is a product that is NOT classified officially as B Grade.... *BUT* depending on who you talk to at Verbatim, it also doesn't even officially exist ;)

The proper term for the media is something along the lines of "Media with cosmetic defects". Some of these cosmetic defects are harmless, and other then aesthetically, they don't harm the disc. Some of the cosmetic defects however, may not be quite so harmless.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)