• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2013 12:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes

[Staples] Staples: VTech CS6114-21 Cordless Phone, 2-Handset Bundle, $14.97

If you came here looking to rice your car out, you won't find custom bumpers to make your Civic look generic ricey here, this is about a cordless phone. Not a bad deal at $15 though.

Being Staples, always go in expecting no or low stock. It shows in stock at Aimco Mississauga, Shoppers World, 2040 Dundas, Weston and maybe Great Lakes Blvd in the west end of the GTA.

http://www.staples.ca/en/VTech-CS6114-2 ... CA_1_20001
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3585 posts
1673 upvotes
'Shwallywood
you must have nightmares about Japanese import automobiles. I suggest you seek professional help
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
It's a Vtech/vtec joke. I suggest you lighten up.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14328 posts
30137 upvotes
loybond wrote: It's a Vtech/vtec joke. I suggest you lighten up.
*crickets*

Since your title mentions cordless phone .....
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2585 posts
2051 upvotes
Clarington
Is that you Kelly Johnson? With how hard you struck out with that joke it must be!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
5582 posts
5057 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Lol that was lame dude
May 4, 2012
125 posts
38 upvotes
Canada
" you must have nightmares about Japanese import automobiles. I suggest you seek professional help "

it's a joke..what's wrong?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14566 posts
4508 upvotes
VANCOUVER
OOS, as usual. I don't know why Staples even bothers!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3585 posts
1673 upvotes
'Shwallywood
adrrad wrote: " you must have nightmares about Japanese import automobiles. I suggest you seek professional help "

it's a joke..what's wrong?
It's a joke too. For people who like to tell "jokes" ya'll don't understand the premise of "jokes" that "jokes" be funny just an fyi
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
No stock for me, kind of sucks cause a new phone is something we do need.

Battery is no good now, and like printers and ink it's about the same price or cheaper to buy new phones than a new battery lol.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Wow are you guys being serious? Must be some Honda fanboys here.

The OP made a joke what difference does it make, better than just posting another simple link. I got a chuckle out the vtech/VTEC reference at least anyways, especially when vtech are cheaply made phones - another similarity :P oh sorry forgot regular jokes aren't allowed.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Jan 12, 2013
640 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
I just got this handset from Staples out here in Oshawa.

I had a problem getting it though at the price found on the web @ $15.

The manager said that it was the ONLINE price and not retail store price.

He pricematched it to the online price and only allowed me to buy one because it was OOS online and was ONLINE ONLY.

Isn't the ONLINE price and store prices linked? Even when the online stock is OOS?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1870 posts
2642 upvotes
Halifax
gamerthumbs wrote: I just got this handset from Staples out here in Oshawa.

I had a problem getting it though at the price found on the web @ $15.

The manager said that it was the ONLINE price and not retail store price.

He pricematched it to the online price and only allowed me to buy one because it was OOS online and was ONLINE ONLY.

Isn't the ONLINE price and store prices linked? Even when the online stock is OOS?
Just part of staples new policy: "We really aren't interested in staying in business"

Honestly, these are very underhanded business practices, and it happens all the time at the local staples I go to. The online sale prices rarely match in store. I don't bother fighting with them. I just don't buy much from them at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1525 posts
449 upvotes
x2plyx wrote: No stock for me, kind of sucks cause a new phone is something we do need.

Battery is no good now, and like printers and ink it's about the same price or cheaper to buy new phones than a new battery lol.
You can find NiHM replacements on Ebay for around $2-3, which personally have lasted me over 2 years now and still hold their charge for 2-3 days, compared to the 1-1.5 days days that the Ni-Cads that came with the phone did before completely dying in 8 months.
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
These are turning up at $29.99 in the in-store system..

I knew scams would be abound once the new website was up.. I used my brain, I went to a store and asked to see what stores had them in stock before even wasting my time even checking the online inventory system. Once I saw it was $30 in store I gave up. Not worth the time and gas to go get it at a store that was 10Km away, lucky I have a store that is in walking distance.

The reason why you want to ask in store is because if it shows a QTY: of 1 it is the store demo, stupid web site does not tell you this.
Jan 12, 2013
640 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
RemedialChaosTheory wrote: You can find NiHM replacements on Ebay for around $2-3, which personally have lasted me over 2 years now and still hold their charge for 2-3 days, compared to the 1-1.5 days days that the Ni-Cads that came with the phone did before completely dying in 8 months.
I have some cordless phones that need battery replacements, could you post the specific "eBay Seller" with excellent batteries you buy from?
Dec 17, 2010
413 posts
212 upvotes
Cheetahmen2 wrote: These are turning up at $29.99 in the in-store system..

I knew scams would be abound once the new website was up.. I used my brain, I went to a store and asked to see what stores had them in stock before even wasting my time even checking the online inventory system. Once I saw it was $30 in store I gave up. Not worth the time and gas to go get it at a store that was 10Km away, lucky I have a store that is in walking distance.

The reason why you want to ask in store is because if it shows a QTY: of 1 it is the store demo, stupid web site does not tell you this.
Yes, they show up as 30.00, but if you ask them to check their website, they will lower it to 14.99. I got one for my parents awhile back.