Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] [WARM] HP Officejet Pro 8710 All-in-One Wireless Duplex Colour Inkjet Printer - $79.65 (MSRP: $229.65)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2018 5:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3332 posts
1411 upvotes
Scarborough

[Staples] [WARM] HP Officejet Pro 8710 All-in-One Wireless Duplex Colour Inkjet Printer - $79.65 (MSRP: $229.65)

MSRP: $229.65

Pretty decent deal, BB has it for $99 and also ends on Sep 6. Best of luck.

Image
20 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
3728 posts
681 upvotes
Newbury, ON
I have this printer, aside from inkjet refill cost its pretty amazing.

I paid $99 a year ago.
Member
Jul 20, 2011
204 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon sells it for the same price and their MSRP is 129
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2247 posts
2358 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
buy this, i love mine. Costco Ink, and then really cheap refill after that.
Newbie
Jul 21, 2013
61 posts
28 upvotes
THORNHILL
junglemage666 wrote: buy this, i love mine. Costco Ink, and then really cheap refill after that.
Costco can't refill the ink cartridges of the 8710...
Member
Aug 10, 2013
421 posts
194 upvotes
Mississauga
AMIGuy wrote: Costco can't refill the ink cartridges of the 8710...
You save me a trip to Costco.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2247 posts
2358 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
badOne wrote: Cant or wont refill test cartridges?
probably wont, since it would be a waste of your money, as they will only be able to fill it as much as it was new. The cartridges volume is a small fraction of the actual size. They could do it, but then you will complain about it lasting only a short time like they do when you first buy them.
Member
Dec 9, 2001
310 posts
65 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
Have this printer, with the HP Instant Ink option. Good quality and fast printing.
I would have preferred a smaller printer, though.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3332 posts
1411 upvotes
Scarborough
junglemage666 wrote: probably wont, since it would be a waste of your money, as they will only be able to fill it as much as it was new. The cartridges volume is a small fraction of the actual size. They could do it, but then you will complain about it lasting only a short time like they do when you first buy them.
I was under the impression starter cartridges are just filled at a lower volume but they can still be refilled to the top!
Member
May 25, 2008
288 posts
136 upvotes
Vancouver
I want a printer just to print photos. Does the OfficeJet and Envy model produce the same print quality since their color print resolution are the same at 4800X1200? Seems to me HP is advertising the Officejet as their faster office quality prints and the Envy as better photo quality for home use. Deciding between this OfficeJet or the Envy 4520.

I don't really need duplex or feeder as I have the Canon MX922 printer for that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 9, 2013
3332 posts
1411 upvotes
Scarborough
mike74 wrote: I want a printer just to print photos. Does the OfficeJet and Envy model produce the same print quality since their color print resolution are the same at 4800X1200? Seems to me HP is advertising the Officejet as their faster office quality prints and the Envy as better photo quality for home use. Deciding between this OfficeJet or the Envy 4520.

I don't really need duplex or feeder as I have the Canon MX922 printer for that.
Get the Epson WorkForce 3620, it got released at the same time as the HP 8710 (Sep 2015) and it's got an outstanding 4800 X 2400 DPI. Best part it's worth half the price of the Epson even on sale. Both have Wifi, the only difference between the two is that the HP 8710 does more ppm (prints per minute) than the Epson on both color and b/w but that's not really an issue. Your photos are definitely going to look better.

I own the Epson :P

Top