[Staples] YMMV: Blackberry KeyOne: $167.50 + tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 3:59 pm
[OP]
Nov 15, 2005
359 posts
129 upvotes

[Staples] YMMV: Blackberry KeyOne: $167.50 + tax

For anyone looking for a Blackberry KeyOne as a cheap back up phone, Staples currently has it on sale for $250.

If you’re picking it up from the store, it’s marked as a clearance item which is also eligible for an additional 25% off

Also; if you’ve subscribed to their mailing list, there was a $20 coupon that they’ve sent out which is also stackable with this offer.

The breakdown would be as follows:
$250
- 25%
- $20 Coupon

Final price: $167.50 + taxes

Not looking to start a discussion on the quality of the phone and how it currently compares to what’s out in the market but simply sharing a cheap option for a back up phone.
35 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10034 posts
6086 upvotes
Rumour has it that the KeyOne no longer gets security updates...according to some CrackBerry forum threads.
Mar 8, 2015
548 posts
1848 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Pykes wrote: For anyone looking for a Blackberry KeyOne as a cheap back up phone, Staples currently has it on sale for $250.

If you’re picking it up from the store, it’s marked as a clearance item which is also eligible for an additional 25% off

Also; if you’ve subscribed to their mailing list, there was a $20 coupon that they’ve sent out which is also stackable with this offer.

The breakdown would be as follows:

$250
- 25%
- $20 Coupon

Final price: $167.50 + taxes

Not looking to start a discussion on the quality of the phone and how it currently compares to what’s out in the market but simply sharing a cheap option for a back up phone.
An up vote from me not for the deal but for the way you explained the deal with so much sincerity, dedication and conviction Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6494 posts
5990 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm more interested in seeing whether the extra 25% off clearance sale is nation-wide
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Apr 29, 2007
562 posts
263 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chatbox wrote: Rumour has it that the KeyOne no longer gets security updates...according to some CrackBerry forum threads.
Definitely true. I have a 2+ year old keyone from when it first came out (unlocked, from staples) and my last security update is from February 2019. I definitely wouldn't buy a new one now if it was going to be my primary phone
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8551 posts
3951 upvotes
Markham
canadianamigo13 wrote: An up vote from me not for the deal but for the way you explained the deal with so much sincerity, dedication and conviction Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
Definitely a good communication structure
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13588 posts
3801 upvotes
VANCOUVER
aeba7 wrote: I'm more interested in seeing whether the extra 25% off clearance sale is nation-wide
I would like to know too. Is this 25% off offer a permanent offer?
Jun 2, 2011
428 posts
418 upvotes
fkl118 wrote: Definitely true. I have a 2+ year old keyone from when it first came out (unlocked, from staples) and my last security update is from February 2019. I definitely wouldn't buy a new one now if it was going to be my primary phone
Second that. Have same one for work and can't recall last time a security update came up for it.
Apr 10, 2009
680 posts
292 upvotes
markham
if i ordered it and pick it up in store , would i still get the 25%?
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Nov 7, 2018
115 posts
102 upvotes
If I can find a $20 off coupon I may consider this. Didn't get any emails from Staples with that offer. Still some stock left at my local store for pickup for an additional 25% though (if that's actually a thing).
Dec 16, 2015
65 posts
101 upvotes
Ontario
$20 Coupon for whoever would like it. Please say when it is claimed!

Here is a $10 Coupon if the $20 one gets claimed
Sep 6, 2013
35 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
YMMV on the additional 25% off clearance. My local store would not apply 25% off the clearance price of phones. Not worth it for me without the 25% off.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13588 posts
3801 upvotes
VANCOUVER
catcherfreeman wrote: YMMV on the additional 25% off clearance. My local store would not apply 25% off the clearance price of phones. Not worth it for me without the 25% off.
To be fair though, I don't think it actually says on their website that this is a clearance item. In fact, it just says sale, and there is an expiry date, so I think it's going to be a huge YMMV that any store will give the additional 25%.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
4992 posts
2123 upvotes
Rogido wrote: To be fair though, I don't think it actually says on their website that this is a clearance item. In fact, it just says sale, and there is an expiry date, so I think it's going to be a huge YMMV that any store will give the additional 25%.
Even if the store does have it on clearance, you have to go through the gatekeeper who will feed you some line about the stock showing online are returns that need to be cleared by some tech person who for some reason has not come in since last week.