Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

YMMV Staples clearance tech notable deals consolidated

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2019 5:17 pm
Feb 18, 2014
688 posts
1410 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: Might as well save yourself the time and effort and just buy a lottery ticket or two, chances are higher to get something from that than staples at this rate.
I've made 5 Staples orders this year and they haven't managed to fulfill a single one. At this point, I'm not sure if Staples is an actual store or some sort avant-garde art experiment.
Jul 25, 2008
223 posts
52 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote: I bought the Seagate ultra slim 2TB for $50 yesterday online. It's OOS online, but still available for pickup in a few stores in GTA (according to website).
https://www.staples.ca/products/2412611 ... e-platinum
Literally just ordered this a few minutes ago for delivery, so is my order likely to get cancelled then? Already got a pre-auth. charge on CC.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: I bought the Seagate ultra slim 2TB for $50 yesterday online. It's OOS online, but still available for pickup in a few stores in GTA (according to website).
https://www.staples.ca/products/2412611 ... e-platinum
Definitely phantom stock, i ordered this at 2:30 PM EST but no pick up email. My iPad order in the previous deal was ready within 2 hours, so i don't think it's in stock unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1451 posts
3631 upvotes
malcolm027 wrote: Literally just ordered this a few minutes ago for delivery, so is my order likely to get cancelled then? Already got a pre-auth. charge on CC.
Ya means the funds won't be available for at least two business days. I had that issue when ordering the G703 mouse from two different locations. Both ended up not having any stock. GG funds.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1451 posts
3631 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Definitely phantom stock, i ordered this at 2:30 PM EST but no pick up email. My iPad order in the previous deal was ready within 2 hours, so i don't think it's in stock unfortunately.
Ya they had plenty of those. One of the Staples received 28 orders for the G703 and 1 TB Seagate HDD. My guess is a reseller or somebody hoarding. Lol
Last edited by Freebush on Jul 28th, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
PS: For cancelled orders it won't show up on your account as cancelled, it'll just stay on "Processing" forever. So make sure to double check your credit card statement (mine shows authorized charges in real time) to make sure you're not charged for a cancelled order. Give it 3-5 days, if the charge is still active then call in to get it reverted. It takes a few days for the temporary charge to be reversed by the system.

Very unlikely to happen but you never know.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1451 posts
3631 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: I saw a couple of them myself at clearance price of $100, so 50% off that. I was tempted, but the reviews I read we're a bit marginal. Also, I got the Logitech 810 keyboard and 633 headphones for my son, so I think I'll stick with Logitech for the mouse so all the lights can sync, haha. Hope that G703 mouse deal I ordered comes through.
I saw the Logitech Pro for 89.97. Didn't buy as I prefer the G933 RGB 7.1.
Nov 29, 2007
650 posts
19 upvotes
tried to do ispu for the logitech g502 mouse but the code doesnt work, is the code working only on specific items?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
not sure what's up with the website, get all the way through checkout, code works, click 'place order' and nothing happens
Jul 31, 2016
642 posts
1275 upvotes
Whitby
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Well physical store Staples clearance is diff for each one so...thumbs down from me.
that's pretty douchy, it's already marked as YMMV. OP put in a fair bit of time and effort for something with no compensation
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2009
1566 posts
1372 upvotes
Vancouver
Georgia Street store has more open box items, especially demo printers
Park Royal store has less than 10 tech items. Only those ones on table get extra 50% off. Not all clearance items get extra 50%off
North Van store has many games.
Mar 7, 2017
158 posts
287 upvotes
Went in and store manager said the Apple Watch isnt apart of Clearence sale, No Bose/Apple. Anyone with a different experience?
Jan 28, 2010
899 posts
287 upvotes
In brampton picked up $50 RoG Sparta mouse and $80 RoG Claymore keyboard.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Well physical store Staples clearance is diff for each one so...thumbs down from me.
Careful not to dribble over yourself while being spoon-fed
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3172 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
ajacian81 wrote: that's pretty douchy, it's already marked as YMMV. OP put in a fair bit of time and effort for something with no compensation
Original title was not YMMV.
Feb 18, 2014
688 posts
1410 upvotes
Trottier wrote: Most deals are taken , but the $80 monochrome printer (LED toner, not inkjet) remains ONLINE
https://www.staples.ca/products/1074269 ... er-printer
Remember, these are prices at 50% off clearance in store or online (mostly in store). Promo code is 64041.
If you don't mind refurbished, Brother Canada's Refurbished Brother Laser printer multifunction RHLL2390DW + 2 toners for $100 when combined with “OFF30PR” promo code is probably a better deal.

So you get the added multifunction/scanner features and 2 extra toners (3 total) for $20 more than the Staples one, and most RFDr's have reported that the printers they received are indistinguishable from brand new.

Plus, unlike Staples, Brother will actually ship their orders.