[Staples] YMMV Staples in store Microsoft Surface Laptop 1st gen $599.97

Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6922 posts
2743 upvotes
Toronto
sf1 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 9:28 pm
just checked video on how to upgrade SSD this thing is not service/upgradable.
I will pass.
Yup Surface laptop got a 0/10 on iFixit. Not upgradeable and forget about ever getting into it.
Jul 3, 2015
224 posts
456 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Sojoph wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 4:50 pm
Does anyone happen to know the Staples SKU number for the English version of the Surface Laptop (model with 8GB RAM)?

Want to see if I could contact some local stores in the GTA to see if they have stock.
For those curious about stock in the GTA:

Had an employee look up the SKU for the English model of the 128GB + 8GB RAM (ie. 2884793-7), and he said there's only 12 units showing in the system company-wide; known of which are showing up in the GTA.

Not sure about stock of any other SKUs (eg. For the 256GB storage version) 'cause I didn't know the numbers, and the guy helping me didn't have a sure-fire way of looking up the different variants.

I think there's a couple locations in the GTA that has the 128 GB + 4GB RAM version of the Surface Laptop, but not sure if that's worth getting for the $550-ish price tag?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1125 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sojoph wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 8:53 am
For those curious about stock in the GTA:

Had an employee look up the SKU for the English model of the 128GB + 8GB RAM (ie. 2884793-7), and he said there's only 12 units showing in the system company-wide; known of which are showing up in the GTA.

Not sure about stock of any other SKUs (eg. For the 256GB storage version) 'cause I didn't know the numbers, and the guy helping me didn't have a sure-fire way of looking up the different variants.

I think there's a couple locations in the GTA that has the 128 GB + 4GB RAM version of the Surface Laptop, but not sure if that's worth getting for the $550-ish price tag?
I do find one with 4Gb ram, my heart said yes but my brain said no...
Mar 12, 2017
198 posts
429 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sold out in BC in all locations. Called Maple Ridge location and they confirmed it for both French and English SKUs.

Search tags: BC, British Columbia, Surrey, Langley, Vancouver, Lower Mainland.