PC & Video Games

Star Wars: KOTOR 2 for XBox out Dec. 7-Who else is waiting for this?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2004 9:36 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
puff_daddy_58_99 wrote:i will be running through it once, probably on the light side, and then once actually doing ALL the sidequests and that on the dark side. Same way I played the first one.
I couldn't resist going dark the first time through (still not that far into it, only just left Dantooine). My chick is so far into the dark side, she craps black holes, man. Evil is good...

I'm just really impressed with all the content and detail, and all the conversations and interactions that happen depending on who you currently have in your party.

BioWhere?
Rock it.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting until A) I finish (or even start) the first one, and B) for it to come out on PC.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
Bastards made it for xbox first! Now PC owners have to wait till Feb 2005 as a minimum
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
Defiant wrote:Well, ITS OUT.

Grabbing it from the ng, post your impressions/thoughts. Does it live up to the first(and if so, its going to be amazing)?
Hey, Defiant - if the game is going to be amazing, just like the first one, here's a thought: BUY IT and support the developers.
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1668 posts
219 upvotes
I thank you Reverend for your words of enlightenment.

I always download my games and preview them since you cant return a buggy, POS mess. If something is worth my money, I buy it. Dont presume to judge anyone but yourself.
chdude3 wrote:Hey, Defiant - if the game is going to be amazing, just like the first one, here's a thought: BUY IT and support the developers.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Ordered it for $54 plus tax during the Futureshop F and F sale on Sunday night.

My copy still hasn't shipped. Expecting another solid, long game though.

What I'm going to do with this one is the same thing as the first one - First time through, light side quest doing all the side quests, which turns into a massive, long game. Then a quick run through the dark side.

I just started a new KOTOR game and I'm playing through it dark side style, skipping the side quests.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
Defiant wrote:Well, ITS OUT.

Grabbing it from the ng, post your impressions/thoughts. Does it live up to the first(and if so, its going to be amazing)?
i started playing it this morning, and i am so impressed!

i love that you have to work for your influence over the other characters, and there are so many new dialogue options! i am over 8 hours in, and i still am barely anywhere and i don't even have my lightsabre yet, although i like it this way much better than getting everything right away in the beginning

i also like the new upgrade/build feature at the workbench and lab stations
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9756 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
See below for reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... republic2/

In summary the reviews are generally strong but key criticisms are of the graphics and that the formula of the first game is changed little. The latter point is probably both good and bad. 1UP was particularly hard on the game and suggested the game should be considered an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

I'm still excited to play it as I loved the first game, and graphics in an RPG aren't that important to me.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1619 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
Darnit... I'm having thoughts on getting an xbox to play this. Get away silly thoughts!
Sep 3, 2002
253 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
IGN gives it a 9.3... guess I'll have to pick it up since I loved the original KOTOR so much!!!

Damn there are too many good cames that came out this year. I don't have time to play all of them! First Halo 2, then WoW, and now KOTOR 2... and I'm still waiting on LOTR: Battle of Middle Earth!
You have died.
Your deeds of valor shall be remembered.
Press any key to continue.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2611 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote:See below for reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... republic2/

In summary the reviews are generally strong but key criticisms are of the graphics and that the formula of the first game is changed little. The latter point is probably both good and bad. 1UP was particularly hard on the game and suggested the game should be considered an expansion pack rather than a sequel.

I'm still excited to play it as I loved the first game, and graphics in an RPG aren't that important to me.
there is only one thing that i don't like about this game so far (besides the ridiculous loading times):

after you fight and then kill someone, the xbox kind of freezes for a sec, then switches to the next enemy, and when you have killed everyone around, you can't control your player for at least one second after that

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)