Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1069 posts
2059 upvotes
Pawtucket

Starbucks - Buy $10 USD egift card get $10 USD using Visa Checkout

https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.co ... sktop=true

Offer & Promotion Timing:
Offer: Buy one $10+ Starbucks eGift card online with Visa Checkout, get a $10 bonus added [to the eGift]. Valid 8/14/17 to 9/30/17.

Legal Disclaimer & T&Cs:
Disclaimer: Offer valid through 9/30/17 while supplies last. See full terms.

Full T&Cs:
Promotional Offer Terms: Read the following terms to see how you can get a promotional $10 added to the value of your Starbucks eGift Card while supplies last (“Bonus Load”). Starbucks will give away 225,000 Bonus Loads between 8/14/17 and 9/30/17 (“Promotional Period”). To receive a Bonus Load, you must purchase a minimum $10 Starbucks eGift Card with your valid Visa Checkout® Account during the Promotional Period and meet other eligibility requirements below.

Promotional Period: The Promotional Period runs from 9:00 AM PST on 8/14/17 and ends the earlier of (a) when all 225,000 Bonus Loads are distributed or (b) at 11:59 PM PST on 9/30/17.

Eligibility: Offer open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. who have a valid Visa Checkout Account. You are only eligible to receive one Bonus Load throughout the Promotional Period if you buy a minimum $10 Starbucks eGift Card and pay with Visa Checkout® and otherwise meet these promotional offer requirements.

How to Participate: Take the following steps during the Promotional Period to receive a Bonus Load:

First, visit https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com (the “Site”). You will need internet access to complete this step.
Second, purchase a minimum $10 Starbucks eGift Card from the Site using Visa Checkout. You are only eligible to receive one Bonus Load throughout the duration of the Promotional Period.
If you are one of the first 225,000 people during the Promotional Period to complete steps 1-2 above and meet these promotional offer requirements, you may receive a Bonus Load.

YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A BONUS LOAD. Qualifying customers will see the $10 Bonus Load added to their Starbucks eGift Card Order Summary. Starbucks will not be responsible for any late, lost, misrouted, or non-delivered e-mails, or other computer- or communications-related failures, caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Starbucks.

Other Terms: The Bonus Load may only be used for purchases at participating Starbucks® stores, and cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law and may not be sold, copied or transferred. No transfers, substitutions, or exchanges of any Bonus Load will be permitted. Participation in this promotional program constitutes acceptance of these promotional offer terms and conditions
Capture+_2017-08-14-19-29-10.png
Capture+_2017-08-14-19-25-19.png
Capture+_2017-08-14-19-25-39.png
I was able to purchase the gift card using my US Visa Checkout account. You will be charged $10 and will receive the $20 gift card right away. I was able to add to the card to my CDN starbucks account (worth approx. $25.45 after conversion) but cannot merge with other Canadian Starbucks cards. This is always the case just like the US Starbucks Groupon deals.

See here if you want to use your Canadian Visa Checkout account. Thanks to newfbc
newfbc wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:15 pm
1. You don't need a Visa to use Visa Checkout. You can use Mastercard.
2. It's very easy to add a US address to your Canadian Card in Visa Checkout. Use a similar address to your existing home address - I use my exact street address with Vancouver, WA as my city and state. For the Zip Code, use the 3 numbers in your Postal Code followed by 00. V5Z 1M9 becomes 51900.

Ron.
If you want to transfer to Cdn account, follow instructions as per Angel_wing0
angel_wing0 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:02 pm
FYI transferring the money to your CDN Starbucks card is doable if you call Starbucks (the # on the back of your card) and request a transfer. I have done it before and just did one. :D
Last edited by redboy69 on Aug 14th, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
131 replies
Jul 12, 2015
147 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks. It appears you need a Visa with US address though..

Tried with my existing visa checkout account using a Canadian visa and received this:

"The country of this billing address is not accepted by this merchant."
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10016 posts
945 upvotes
Markham
Requires US Billing Address..........
Jul 23, 2015
407 posts
156 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
SamuelB787603 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 10:48 pm
Thanks. It appears you need a Visa with US address though..

Tried with my existing visa checkout account using a Canadian visa and received this:

"The country of this billing address is not accepted by this merchant."
Same here....bummer
Dec 3, 2010
220 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
The card doesn't work in canada. Bought got an error saying I can't transfer the funds to a different market.
Aug 6, 2012
247 posts
393 upvotes
AURORA
oAndrew8 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:09 pm
The card doesn't work in canada. Bought got an error saying I can't transfer the funds to a different market.
You can't merge your USD balance with your Canadian balance due to FX differences.

You can have a separate USD card on your account - If you spend at Starbucks Canada, they'll just do FX at the spot rate.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
2733 posts
671 upvotes
Vancouver
2. It's very easy to add a US address to your Canadian Card in Visa Checkout. Use a similar address to your existing home address - I use my exact street address with Vancouver, WA as my city and state. For the Zip Code, use the 3 numbers in your Postal Code followed by 00. V5Z 1M9 becomes 51900.

Ron.
Mar 2, 2016
99 posts
50 upvotes
oAndrew8 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:09 pm
Not sure if this is exactly the case, but - Instead of transferring funds from this new card to your old Canadian one, try to add the new US one into your account as an additional card.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3362 posts
270 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got $25.45 CAD for $10.00 USD. Nice.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1055 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the heads up
Got this offer before for a couple times actually, great deal
Jan 26, 2011
156 posts
168 upvotes
newfbc wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:15 pm

Ron.
totally works... thanks!
Aug 14, 2017
154 posts
122 upvotes
Im still waiting for gift card. I thought it would be faster once it's paid.
Nov 2, 2003
428 posts
15 upvotes
I was able to add the new card with a $20US balance to my account. I'm still not able to transfer the balance, but that's ok, I'm sure I'll be able to use the new card in a Canadian store. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks, OP!